Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 11:33 AM

1,086 posts, read 444,195 times

Advertisements

The american media is Liberal and really mediocre. 2.5 years on a worthless Russian investigation, a comical impeachment investigation that has chance of succeeding. They still don't understand the core issues on which Trump ran and won on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6d_YKFO_20
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 11:53 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,488,323 times
I find the liberals and moderates posting here to be very well informed. Conservatives too, the real ones anyway. I might not agree with everything they each believe but I won't dispute the knowledge they bring to these discussions.

There is another certain class of people posting here who believe they are well informed but are actually swimming in a sea of misinformation. They tend to be ideologically confused.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:06 PM

15,904 posts, read 6,607,727 times
The Democratic party has sold itself as the pro-illegal immigrant party. Your typical law-abiding citizen voter is asking, "how does that help us"? It's a big gamble on the part of the Dems, and likely to cost them in the short term. I'm not surprised the Dems focusing on the Health care topic now, as that's the one area the Pubs have done an epic fail.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:10 PM

14,489 posts, read 11,313,044 times
Yes.

My Democrat friend thought California was in the middle of a man made global warming drought. I told him it wasn't and he refused to believe me even going so far as to say I was brainwashed by the political right.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:10 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,853,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The Democratic party has sold itself as the pro-illegal immigrant party. Your typical law-abiding citizen voter is asking, "how does that help us"? It's a big gamble on the part of the Dems, and likely to cost them in the short term. I'm not surprised the Dems focusing on the Health care topic now, as that's the one area the Pubs have done an epic fail.
It would really behoove the Democrats if they shifted more center and get back to bread and butter issues. Health care as you said is a big one.

They need to stop trying to court the illegals and they need to start trying to get back the middle class white vote back that they've lost. Not going to do that by constantly screaming how racist the country is. It's fear mongering at it's finest.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:34 PM

1,086 posts, read 444,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It would really behoove the Democrats if they shifted more center and get back to bread and butter issues. Health care as you said is a big one.

They need to stop trying to court the illegals and they need to start trying to get back the middle class white vote back that they've lost. Not going to do that by constantly screaming how racist the country is. It's fear mongering at it's finest.
This would seem like common sense but I doubt the Democrats can move center at this point.. Special interest groups control it.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:39 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,438,494 times
Well the R party sure has declined in stature as a result of all of the low info voters duped by Trump into thinking he was capable of actually running government effectively and legally.

Hopefully the R party can pick up the pieces again and become a respectable alternative post-Trump, though there will be a lot of self-examination necessary to make that happen.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:41 PM

20,905 posts, read 9,608,955 times
LOL at a Trumpling accusing democrats at being low information voters. More projecting.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:43 PM

10,106 posts, read 14,521,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I think if Trump is re-elected (which is highly likely), the Democrats will face a reckoning and will have to look at their party and figure out where it has gone so wrong. They are a lost party--and all over the place. A mess--Trump has played a large part in exposing and unhinging them as a party.

They need to focus on putting forth a winnable 2024 candidate.

Especially if the Democrats also lost the house, wow, they would truly become unhinged and I think they'll be forced to become more moderate--if they want to win presidential elections again.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:44 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,220,498 times
Default Really really a big problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
The american media is Liberal and really mediocre. 2.5 years on a worthless Russian investigation, a comical impeachment investigation that has chance of succeeding. They still don't understand the core issues on which Trump ran and won on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6d_YKFO_20

The USA is a two party system. The Democrats have lost their way, are definitely un-American in their philosophy and politics. If any of their agenda was implemented, the US would be a 3rd world failed nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies