Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 12:47 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,410,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It would really behoove the Democrats if they shifted more center and get back to bread and butter issues. Health care as you said is a big one.

They need to stop trying to court the illegals and they need to start trying to get back the middle class white vote back that they've lost. Not going to do that by constantly screaming how racist the country is. It's fear mongering at it's finest.
Just look at their healthcare plan being proposed (crap). They also have no economic plan to offer struggling Americans.

Right now they have nothing, but BS hoaxes to discredit Trump; that’s their only platform. If they had any good common sense policies, I’d even vote Democrat. But they don’t. Just TDS, and the ONLY cure for TDS is another four more years of Trump, Lol.

Democrats better wake up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 12:51 PM

7,448 posts, read 2,847,118 times
Fairly audacious accusation from a group supporting a president who built his entire base off of an untrue birther conspiracy theory. Did you guys learn how to do basic fact checks between then and now?

Old 11-04-2019, 12:55 PM

1,086 posts, read 444,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I think if Trump is re-elected (which is highly likely), the Democrats will face a reckoning and will have to look at their party and figure out where it has gone so wrong. They are a lost party--and all over the place. A mess--Trump has played a large part in exposing and unhinging them as a party.

They need to focus on putting forth a winnable 2024 candidate.

Especially if the Democrats also lost the house, wow, they would truly become unhinged and I think they'll be forced to become more moderate--if they want to win presidential elections again.
This should have already happened, 8 years of Obama decimated the Democrat party, he left them at their weakest point in 100 years but they still love him.

Old 11-04-2019, 01:00 PM

8,422 posts, read 3,017,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It would really behoove the Democrats if they shifted more center and get back to bread and butter issues. Health care as you said is a big one.

They need to stop trying to court the illegals and they need to start trying to get back the middle class white vote back that they've lost. Not going to do that by constantly screaming how racist the country is. It's fear mongering at it's finest.
Democrats cater to minorities. Not whites. They don’t care about whites. They haven’t won the white vote in over 55 years.

Old 11-04-2019, 01:02 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,404,074 times
Their insane lurch to the far left is their undoing
They want full blown communism and don't hide it anymore.

Old 11-04-2019, 01:08 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,015,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Just look at their healthcare plan being proposed (crap). They also have no economic plan to offer struggling Americans.

Right now they have nothing, but BS hoaxes to discredit Trump; that’s their only platform. If they had any good common sense policies, I’d even vote Democrat. But they don’t. Just TDS, and the ONLY cure for TDS is another four more years of Trump, Lol.

Ok Boomer

Old 11-04-2019, 01:37 PM

52,417 posts, read 52,930,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

I've been saying this for a while now. I work with a guy who's a far far lefty and even he's finally starting to acknowledge that the Dems are lost in terms of their message. I remember back when the dems actually cared about the working class middle class crowd, strong on labor unions and stronger on border security.

I don't know WTH happened to the moderate dems, they need to wrestle control back from the more extreme parts of the party.

I'm not a political strategists but even a layman like myself that this is looking obvious, how is it the folks at the DNC can't see this?

Maybe they are now, ol' Nancy this weekend came out and said that the party needs to cater to people other than just the lefty San Francisco crowd.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:49 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,024,711 times
I hate to admit it, but there has been some evidence that Democrats are better at garnering the low info vote:
Pew Research: Republicans More Knowledgeable Than Democrats

From Pew Research:

Quote:
Republicans generally outperformed Democrats on the current quiz. On 13 of the 19 questions, Republicans score significantly higher than Democrats and there are no questions on which Democrats did better than Republicans. In past knowledge quizzes, partisan differences have been more muted, though Republicans often have scored somewhat higher than Democrats.”
Or you can just go to the 'campusreform' site and watch some of their many 'man on the street' interviews at colleges around the country.

I don't think the problem is Democrats in general, but rather the far left loons in combination with the low-info useful idiot masses.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:52 PM

57,405 posts, read 26,401,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
This should have already happened, 8 years of Obama decimated the Democrat party, he left them at their weakest point in 100 years but they still love him.
What exactly were the core issues that Trump ran on.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:59 PM

10,137 posts, read 14,560,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
Well this is true.

I think the "all-in" by the party to impeach Trump though, will result in them most likely losing the election in 2020.

Then they'll be forced to move more moderate, or risk not winning a presidential election again for a long time.

The country is not ready for a far left agenda, and that's why Warren will lose if she goes up against Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies