Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump be Impeached, Impeached and Convicted or Resign?
Not Impeached 62 45.26%
Impeached in the House 69 50.36%
Impeached in the House and Convicted in the Senate 2 1.46%
Trump will Resign 4 2.92%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 05:44 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,591,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
First off, the House can NOT IMPEACH the President. They can just vote for Articles of Impeachment and send it to the Senate for the Impeachment proceedings. So, any House "inquiry" or "investigation" is meaningless, and just a one sided public spectacle to smear Trump.
You have no clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 05:48 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,591,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
CAN'T IMPEACH IN THE HOUSE people. Jeez, such ignorance.
You may want to look it up.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:04 PM

38,857 posts, read 25,652,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Your image: grammar check needed it does!
Trumplings, complaining about grammar.

Quote:
BTW, who will defeat Trump in 2020?
His opponent.
Quote:
Will the Dem's take back the Senate as well?
Doubtful but possible.

We'll know in less than a year.

Until then, stay tuned for the MOST entertaining, mud wrestle of a campaign EVER.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:14 PM

10,688 posts, read 4,168,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Don't tell the Dims that, they didn't pass Civics.
It's why they want to get rid of the electoral college. They can't win with good policies. Either they have to promise free stuff (basically, buying their votes), or flood the place with immigrants who will be ignorant to what they are voting for, or just try and rewrite the constitution so they can get rid of anyone they oppose. They are truly becoming "The Party" of 1984.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:14 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,451,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
It backfired on republican when Clinton was impeached in 1998 and they lost the house even after 31 democrats voted for impeachment.

I wouldn't be surprised if the the same thing happen in 2020 with republicans gaining seats.
You're wrong.The republicans won the house in 1994 elections and held it until the 2006 elections,the last two years of GW Bush.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:19 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,661,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1
First off, the House can NOT IMPEACH the President. They can just vote for Articles of Impeachment and send it to the Senate for the Impeachment proceedings. So, any House "inquiry" or "investigation" is meaningless, and just a one sided public spectacle to smear Trump.
Dude, basic civics. The House votes to impeach and the Senate votes to convict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1
CAN'T IMPEACH IN THE HOUSE people. Jeez, such ignorance.
I have to commend you on standing your ground but you are still wrong.

Is this what your beloved right wing media is teaching you? If so, that explains a lot about some of the Trump followers.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:21 PM

23,386 posts, read 29,268,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’m thinking impeached in the house for sure. If too much evidence comes out, he’ll resign and pretend like he is doing it for other reasons because he’s so “Bigly”
When you have an ego the size of Trump's, it's a no-brainer that if it looks to him that he will be impeached, he'll resign just to save his ego.

"Melania has been pressuring me to resign for some time now, and I'm doing it out of love for my wife."

Old 11-13-2019, 07:01 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,133,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
When you have an ego the size of Trump's, it's a no-brainer that if it looks to him that he will be impeached, he'll resign just to save his ego.

"Melania has been pressuring me to resign for some time now, and I'm doing it out of love for my wife."
Resign just for impeachment? Lol!

Old 11-13-2019, 07:30 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,604,087 times
This.

Trump will not leave gracefully when his time in the White House is over

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Nothing would surprise me, either way. He has escaped from some serious situations during his past couple of years, and has the weak ass GOP representatives covering for him, so who knows. But everything has it's limits, ala Richard Nixon.

I stand by the prediction I have been making for a long time. This Presidency is going to end in a very strange way. I have no idea what that will be, but it certainly will not be Trump running out his term and gracefully leaving DC. Something very unusual is going to be the period at the end of his story, this whole mess has been too strange so far to NOT end weirdly .

Just remember my prediction when this is all said and done.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:28 PM

10,512 posts, read 5,204,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Trump will not leave gracefully when his time in the White House is over

He said recently that if he loses he will not concede, he will not congratulate the winner, he will just disappear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies