Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump be Impeached, Impeached and Convicted or Resign?
Not Impeached 62 45.26%
Impeached in the House 69 50.36%
Impeached in the House and Convicted in the Senate 2 1.46%
Trump will Resign 4 2.92%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 10:21 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,251,948 times

Advertisements

Answer: re-elected.

I'm going to edit this. I've had some issues with Trump - especially the fact that he can't keep a staff together which tells me that there are some serious behind the scenes issue.

However - I'm voting for Trump no matter what. The democrats (and the SWAMP) have been out to get this man ever since he beat Crooked Hillary. From the moment he took office, the opposition decided he needed to go - Russian Collusion didn't work - obstruction didn't work - so now they are trying this Ukranian phone call and impeachment. Only problem is that Joe Biden is up to his eyeballs in corruption in the very same issue. The dimwits have wasted 3 years of time, and that is time this country doesn't have. And they are wasting more time with impeachment - it will fail, the Senate won't vote to convict.

Last edited by BeerGeek40; 11-13-2019 at 10:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 10:23 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
What do you think at this point?

Not Impeached
Impeached
Impeached in the House and Convicted by the Senate
Trump Resigns
You are missing one possible outcome. House impeacheds and Senate acquits.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:25 AM

52,202 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
That's what's most likely going to happen and there's a good chance trump will win 2020 on top of it.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:25 AM

1,161 posts, read 434,789 times
He won't be impeached.

And, as much as I hate to say it, he will win in 2020. The Democrats can't find their asses if they had GPS for fingers, and there are enough Christians have forgone their own beliefs to commit themselves to the right, and enough die hard right wingers that even though the population may vote for someone else, the red states will will win the EC.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:26 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times
Nothing would surprise me, either way. He has escaped from some serious situations during his past couple of years, and has the weak ass GOP representatives covering for him, so who knows. But everything has it's limits, ala Richard Nixon.

I stand by the prediction I have been making for a long time. This Presidency is going to end in a very strange way. I have no idea what that will be, but it certainly will not be Trump running out his term and gracefully leaving DC. Something very unusual is going to be the period at the end of his story, this whole mess has been too strange so far to NOT end weirdly .

Just remember my prediction when this is all said and done.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:27 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 23 days ago)

27,634 posts, read 16,118,635 times
The house dems would have voted impeach on nov 8 2016, without anything but a bad case of tds. Senate? No

Old 11-13-2019, 10:33 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,927,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
First off, the House can NOT IMPEACH the President. They can just vote for Articles of Impeachment and send it to the Senate for the Impeachment proceedings. So, any House "inquiry" or "investigation" is meaningless, and just a one sided public spectacle to smear Trump.
Go back to school. Impeachment means to bring formal charges against, comparable to arraignment. Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton were both impeached by the House. In both cases the Senate voted not to convict.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:41 AM

5,148 posts, read 3,078,346 times
By pushing this agenda, Pelosi and the House Democrats are making one of the biggest political mistakes in history.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:44 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,927,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I think that's what the second choice is. That's what I voted (House impeaches) because that is what I think will most likely happen. House votes to impeach but Senate does not convict.

Very little chance that the Senate will convict. that takes a 2/3 majority in a Republican-held chamber .Not likely.

I think there is some chance that House democrats will not vote to impeach, since it is obvious that they will not be able to prevail in the end. A possible option would be to vote to censure the President, which would not have any legal ramifications but would just be a way for the House to go on record as saying Trump did wrong. There is some precedent (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censur..._United_States)

Old 11-13-2019, 10:44 AM

10,055 posts, read 14,422,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
By pushing this agenda, Pelosi and the House Democrats are making one of the biggest political mistakes in history.
It's a super unwise strategic move.

One that most likely secures their defeat in 2020, and gives Republicans another 4 years in the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies