Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 11:57 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,688,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
You ask me if I am unfamiliar with these people. Of course I am. I've never been to the Middle East and I suspect you haven't either. What you know about them has been packaged by others and handed to you by people who don't have your best interest at heart. You let others make these people your enemies. What you describe is laughably unrealistic, it's a caricature of a society populated by boogeymen and monsters. It reminds me of all those political cartoons that painted the Japanese as less than human during WW2. Same MO today, just different continents. They are not crazy. None of us are crazy if we do our own thinking. What's crazy is when both sides fail to realize how much they've been manipulated into believing that someone they've never met is out to get them.

Are there crazy people out there? Sure, those that benefit from war and resource destruction will create as many insane people as necessary to keep up appearances. Got to fan those flames and beat those drums. Religions will be utilized, the entertainment industry will be utilized, you name it.

Sorry, I don't buy fear no matter where it's sold.
You are scaring me. You really need to get out more, maybe even read some newspapers or watch the TV news. I know I know much of the media is indeed colored but you can get the jist of things. Everyone in this world is not all nice sweet with rosy cheeks. There are lots of dangerous people in this world. Nearly all of them live in that part of the world. They hate us because we have all this in just our 300 year life span while they are thousands of years old and still live in caves.

You believe what you want to believe but not too vey far in the future your grand kids will be bowing to some fake creap in the sky 5 times a day and speaking arabic. You think you dont like the Spanish being spoken now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
So do you hate...and/or fear them?

As long as our country does not permit them entry, most Americans are safe...unless they travel abroad, which is a pretty stupid thing to do.
Why do you ask? I love my fellow man but do not like them. Call me what you want. If I punched you in the face you would hate me and you dont even know me. The same thing.

Why do you say as long as our country does not permit them entry.....
But they do. Way back when America rounded up the Japanese, was that right or wrong? We did not use the word "moral" back then. We were not afraid of offending anyone. We fought for survival and did it by any means.

In this politicly correct world today it could never happen. But it might be high time. To hell with right or wrong. To hell with morals. To hell with offending them or any other country. It is in our national security's interest to round them up and ship them out.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:12 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,841,952 times
desertsun41 - When you say, "to hell with morals" the enemy has already won.

To go to war with Iran for any reason including their postulated strike on Israel, would be completely immoral. Our war in Iraq is also immoral. To spread death and destruction on any country for your own profit is immoral. We have an immoral government and are rapidly becoming an immoral people. We spend more time worshiping Mammon than any other god and we will pay the price.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:28 PM

290 posts, read 524,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

To go to war with Iran for any reason including their postulated strike on Israel, would be completely immoral. Our war in Iraq is also immoral. To spread death and destruction on any country for your own profit is immoral. We have an immoral government and are rapidly becoming an immoral people. We spend more time worshiping Mammon than any other god and we will pay the price.
Read the thread on rights and you will find that it is the liberal side that advocates that morality comes only from law...Therefore since Saddam violated UN Resolutions, the War was not illegal and therefore not immoral.

Mind you that this is not an argument I defend, but it comes from the liberal notion that all morality comes from law.

I'm sure we could find legal (and therefore moral) justification to bomb Iran too. I'm pretty sure a strike on Israel would qualify. Maybe that is the logic Clinton is using... she is pretty liberal.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

Geez when ya put it that way you have a very good point.

Just to make sure you understand....I never said to spread death and destruction on anyone for profit. War should be the very very last resort when differences can not be solved by words. In the case of those extremist cows over there, words do not work. Killing is the only word they know.

Oh but Iraq did not do anything to us. If we want to bomb some one for causing harm to America then we should be bombing Saudi Arabia. Nearly every man on those planes were Saudi citizens. But this govt is too busy buying our friends and Saudi is well bought and paid for.

As far as Israel, if any of those 11th world hell hole countries bomb Israel, they are our friends. Should we help them? If some stranger punched your best friend in a bar while you were both watching a good game, would you stick up for him?

Hmmm I think I have to say I would. Especially if I already do not like the puncher.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:31 PM

994 posts, read 1,545,823 times
You would need to be morally bankrupt to launch a war against Iran, and Bush/Cheney want desperately to use limited nuclear weapons to do so. Hillay is just posturing for the sake of politics. She actually possess too much morality to start another war.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:43 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,695,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Well I have found great joy in travelling and breaking bread with lots of people.
That might be. I don't like other people. They put me on "edge".

Old 04-29-2008, 04:52 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,290,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Well I have found great joy in travelling and breaking bread with lots of people.
I totally agree with you! Actually meeting those of different lands and cultures is one of the most rewarding experiences one can have!

Old 04-29-2008, 09:17 PM

600 posts, read 1,084,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I totally agree with you! Actually meeting those of different lands and cultures is one of the most rewarding experiences one can have!
completely, i lived in holland when i was about 14. It was amazing. Spent alot of time in germany, belgium, and france. Amazing place europe is, i absolutely love it. Problem is they arnt near as free as we are here...

funny how freedom tends to allow for / promote stupidity. people take advantage of their freedom and screw it up for the rest of us over

Old 04-29-2008, 10:23 PM

272 posts, read 784,797 times
What is the morality of obliterating the people of Iran?

I guess you'd have to ask the Iranians....that is the track they've been on for quite some time....Self destruction....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies