Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 09:30 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't get how you could find it fascinating. I find it sad. I don't see anything funny about it.
You get what you pay for. That mayor is worthless, apparently her role model is Neville Chamberlain, if she bent any father back she'd be doing the limbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So, what if you’re over 50, listen to music from both black and white artists, and have black friends and family members? Can we be silent too? Because honestly I have a hard and fast rule for not posting my political opinions on Facebook or Instagram no latter what. I come here to post that stuff.

Honestly, I’m definitely an individualist. I see black people complaining about white silence, and other black people complaining about too many white people speaking up on this issue. You’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. I just treat everyone I encounter with respect and kindness except on the rare occasion when I’m irritated about something they did (usually on the road). Even then, I’m just annoyed and have a long fuse, but once it’s lit it burns out pretty fast. I just don’t stay mad very long.
I obey the Golden Rule, mind my own business, live and let live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Most Americans don’t see how it affects their lives if career criminals get harmed by the police. They think the police are just doing their jobs.

Don’t do illegal stuff, and the police won’t come after you. Simple concept, huh?
I have no sympathy for criminals, Obey The Law, and Cops will usually leave you alone. If you do interact with them, treat them with respect and they will respect you. I am always polite to people who have guns. Every person I meet at a gun range is always polite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 09:39 AM

16,608 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I’m just living my life. Being a part of this little revolution is not in my life plan.
For starters, I am not a social media guy, with no FB or Twitter accts.

That said, if you allow a revolution to occur while you idly stand by, you have no one to blame but yourself if you do not like how it turns out.

---

If I had to guess, many white people are not going to risk saying anything that could be taken the wrong way, and risk their job or be labeled a ____ist, ____phobe. They know the leftist mob will try to shout down their viewpoint that way, so why risk it.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies