Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 03:27 PM

73,097 posts, read 62,726,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You don't get the point. It's better in some measures I'm sure like lower crime rate, maybe more cohesion and community etc. It's more about what's your cup of tea and to live and let live.
Well, this is the thing. I am very sure that I can find safe places to live. Nashville has a higher crime rate than Franklin County. However, I know that there are neighborhoods in Nashville that are as safe, or safer than Franklin County. I also know that being who I am, I wouldn't want to be in a place where the Confederacy is held in high esteem. Having actually spent a bit of time in Nashville, I got some friendly vibes from Nashville. The one thing that did bother me was the public transportation. It could use some work. There are something for everyone in Nashville.

Old 10-18-2020, 03:30 PM

73,097 posts, read 62,726,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Franklin County is safer than Nashville. Isn’t safer better?
On paper it might be safer. However, I've never been to Franklin County. I know someone who has been there. It was mentioned that there are parts of that county I wouldn't want to go to, where I could get killed. But just the same, Franklin County, based on how it voted in terms of keeping the Rebel mascot, does not have my values or my best interests. And I base this on HISTORY, historical facts. Based on facts that I know, it is the type of place I might find a relatively high level of hostility.

Old 10-18-2020, 03:33 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,938,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It isn't the same place as the OP. Franklin is in Williamson County. It's a suburb of Nashville. Franklin County is home to Estill Springs, and Winchester. Part of Tullahoma is in it.

Just the same, I've noticed that no one has been able to challenge the historical validity of anything said. For those who do disagree, I ask those persons to do this: Prove me wrong!! If that can't be done, then at least come up with a rational reason for one's thinking.

The UDC is worse than Westboro Baptist Church, and that's saying something. The UDC can only inculcate its church members. The UDC managed to inculcate generations of southern children. As for the lawsuits, the comparison is right. I compare the UDC to the Communists and the Nazis.
Thanks for correcting, I lived in Nashville years ago & had friends who lived in Franklin & also elsewhere near Nashville, I thought Franklin was in Franklin County

All those Confederate monuments that are coming down? No one wants them.

Old 10-18-2020, 03:33 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,892,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
On paper it might be safer. However, I've never been to Franklin County. I know someone who has been there. It was mentioned that there are parts of that county I wouldn't want to go to, where I could get killed. But just the same, Franklin County, based on how it voted in terms of keeping the Rebel mascot, does not have my values or my best interests. And I base this on HISTORY, historical facts. Based on facts that I know, it is the type of place I might find a relatively high level of hostility.
Can you blame them? You seem to argue they are advocates for slavery and you want to tear down their school mascot and lord knows what else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies