Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 12:25 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,039,369 times

Advertisements

https://www.wvlt.tv/2020/10/14/tenne...linked-mascot/

Bravo to that school for refusing to bow to the cultural marxists and their cancel culture. Don't like it? Then either move to a different school district or home school!

Old 10-14-2020, 12:31 PM

34,217 posts, read 47,533,310 times
Call themselves Americans but still support the Confederacy

Make it make sense for me

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-14-2020, 12:36 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,039,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

Not from the south are you? You would have to be from the south to understand it. Seriously.

Also having the nickname Rebels and singing a song about the south isn't "supporting the confederacy". I love hearing Dixie being played, its one of my ringtones on my phone, I sing it whenever I hear it being played. Its a southern heritage thing, much like the National Anthem may bring some folks to tears or make their heart beat faster Dixie does the same for me and MILLIONS of southerners.

Old 10-14-2020, 12:48 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,443,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Not from the south are you? You would have to be from the south to understand it. Seriously.

Also having the nickname Rebels and singing a song about the south isn't "supporting the confederacy". I love hearing Dixie being played, its one of my ringtones on my phone, I sing it whenever I hear it being played. Its a southern heritage thing, much like the National Anthem may bring some folks to tears or make their heart beat faster Dixie does the same for me and MILLIONS of southerners.

Its sort of weird. The confederacy lasted a very short period, but there is a huge pro-confederacy thing going on. And its not even the ideals of the confederacy, its more of a .....this is us, we're seperate....but not quite thing.

And its not a racism thing like many accuse yall of. I mean...yes it absolutely 100% is for some folks, but its not for the majority.

Old 10-14-2020, 12:52 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,542,583 times
American History & The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.

" A government of the people, by the people, for the people..." and The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

Old 10-14-2020, 12:58 PM

34,217 posts, read 47,533,310 times
Quote:

I'm not from the South. So make it make sense for me.

The very title of your thread says "confederate-linked."

So although it's "linked," it's not "supportive."

Please make it make sense.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-14-2020, 01:27 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,412,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

Were they Americans before, during, and after the Civil War? Yes. Hence the term "Civil War".

Was the Civil War successful enough to cleanse all confederate culture from the South? No.

A failure to otherize Americans during a Civil War, and a failure to cleanse their culture is a failure on the North's part.

They aren't obligated to cleanse their own culture because they lost a war. Grow up. This isn't school yard tag with rules.

If you dislike their culture, man up and try to finish the job that the North didn't. Good luck with that.

Otherwise, your complaining is weak and un-American. This is the land of Freedom, remember?

Old 10-14-2020, 01:40 PM

30,215 posts, read 18,787,616 times
Quote:
https://www.wvlt.tv/2020/10/14/tenne...linked-mascot/

Bravo to that school for refusing to bow to the cultural marxists and their cancel culture. Don't like it? Then either move to a different school district or home school!
Good for them.

Our ancestors all fought for the Union; however, after the last four months, I have come to gain new respect for the Confederate battle flag.

I would certainly never fly a flag, as it is provocative if flown by any Yankee. Even though I now live in the south, I would never fly that flag, as it is not a part of my heritage.

The odd thing about the story is that Franklin Co TN supported the Union in the Civil War. Half of the county supported the Union, the other half the Confederacy. That county SECEDED from TN to join Alabama, as Alabama had seceded from the Union before TN. It shows how the loyalties in that conflict were not uniform in either the north or the south.

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 10-14-2020 at 01:50 PM..

Old 10-14-2020, 01:55 PM

8,419 posts, read 3,016,347 times
Kudos to them for not cowering down. Fly that flag! Mine’s due for an upgrade.

Old 10-14-2020, 02:02 PM
bu2

24,150 posts, read 14,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Good for them.

Our ancestors all fought for the Union; however, after the last four months, I have come to gain new respect for the Confederate battle flag.

I would certainly never fly a flag, as it is provocative if flown by any Yankee. Even though I now live in the south, I would never fly that flag, as it is not a part of my heritage.

The odd thing about the story is that Franklin Co TN supported the Union in the Civil War. Half of the county supported the Union, the other half the Confederacy. That county SECEDED from TN to join Alabama, as Alabama had seceded from the Union before TN. It shows how the loyalties in that conflict were not uniform in either the north or the south.
President Lincoln's wife had 5 brothers/brother in laws as Confederate officers. There was a skirmish at Gettysburg where brothers from opposing Maryland regiments faced each other.

Kentucky had two natives, Republican Lincoln and the Southern Democrat, Breckinridge, running for president in 1860. They voted for a Tennessean in the Constitutional Union Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies