Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 07:48 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,451,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Please explain which part of my posts are obtuse or stupid? I suspect you can't, so you've resorted to hurling insults. You're welcome to refute my post line by line. Otherwise, stop embarrassing yourself with your temper tantrum.

I'm not trying to entertain you. I simply responded to your post claiming that I missed the point of the thread. That's obviously not true and I've presented empirical data to prove it. You haven't proven anything yet except your ability to rant incoherently.

<sigh>

The claims of attempts to suppress minority vote by limiting polling locations/ballot drops has nothing to do with the ability of minorities to find the locations.

If you want to educate yourself on the issues they are claiming it poses, Google is your friend.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2020, 03:09 PM

57,405 posts, read 26,398,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
2 separate Lawsuits ... the first was in a Federal Court to rule on State Law ... it went up to the Federal Circuit Appeals Court ..... which correctly confirmed that Long standing State Law stands.
One Ballot Box location at the County Election Clerks Office per County.

So the Leftists lost that lawsuit and immediately filed another Lawsuit, this time in State Court (Travis County/Austin). That happened today ... the Leftist Judge ruled that the State did not have the authority to limit Ballot drop boxes to one per County.... which indicates that this ?State Judge is totally Clueless about Texas ?State Law And has no business bring a Judge at all.

What is next? The ruling wil be appealed to the Rexas Supreme Court and they will Overturn the ruling.
Oddly enough, the Texas State Supreme Court Judges DO know Texas Law.

The REAL Question is what are these Leftists really up to? Why this obsession with Random unsecured Ballot Drop Boxes all over the State?

Texas Law has ALWAYS been that Absentee Votes had to be mailed with arrival before Election Day. In 2020 for the very first time ... the Legislature responded to those that wanted a FIX for people forgot to get their Absentee Ballot in the Mail in time sonthey passed a Law several years ago ( to take effect in 2020) to allow Ballots to be delivered to the ?County Clerks Office ON ELECTION DAY.

Because of the Pandemic & the State Emergency Declarations .... the Governor extended Early Voting by one Week AND allowed EARLY Ballot drop off at the Count Clerks Office dusting the entire Early Voting Period, which began on October 13.

The Texas State Supreme Court WILL uphold Texas Election Law.

The main question is still ....WHY do these Leftists want unsecured Ballot boxes all over the State?
I guess it doesn’t matter .... they so t get them, it’s against Texas Law.

This is my understanding as indicated below. The lower court judge indicated there was no proof that additional drop boxes cause voter fraud which was Abbott's concern. This is a pandemic and if this makes it easier to vote then what is the harm, besides what is the point of having one drop box for an area the size of Harris County with 1 million voters, what exactly does just one drop box accomplish.

This is not about election security as Abbott claims.

Quote:
A federal appeals court reinstated restrictions late Monday night that would allow just a single ballot drop-off site per county in Texas, allowing Gov. Greg Abbott’s order to proceed over criticism that it would make voting more difficult and dangerous.

The three-judge panel in the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, all of whom were appointed by President Trump, reversed a lower court decision from Friday that had blocked the restrictions. The judges wrote that the order “does nothing to prevent Texans from mailing in their absentee ballots, as they have done in the past in election after election.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/13/u...sultPosition=1

Old 10-18-2020, 06:12 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,486,047 times
I am still in shock seeing it on ABC News Tonight, that it is really happening.
How can this BE?
Not even buses allowed in the one parking lot to bring people to vote?!
What kind of insanity is this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies