Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 09:36 AM

2,964 posts, read 1,024,086 times

Advertisements

I wonder if you've ever actually come close to dying. I mean, for real. If you had, you might be less... cavalier, no pun intended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 09:37 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,409,143 times
I am personally voting in person because I felt very comfortable with the process safety during the primary, but I don't care how anyone else casts their vote, just vote!

Old 10-17-2020, 09:43 AM

8,419 posts, read 3,016,347 times
With all the organized rioting, burning, looting, assault and murder from the left it would be cakewalk for them to steal and trash ballots. I guarantee they will do plenty of it for this election.

If you’re ok with mail in, fine. Go ahead. I’ll be going in person.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:47 AM

5,975 posts, read 2,914,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Have at it OP. I do feel sorry for the die hard Trumpers standing in line for seven hours just to be disappointed. But they will have their temperature checked, masked, and possibly gloved (all good) so they can vote in person on election day. What happens if a voter is running a fever or obviously sick? I voted this past week and had to wait in line and there was another separate line for people returning absentee ballots. America has made up its mind.
And what happens if you get hit by the 4:20 bus.jeasss Dont be afraid of your own shadow.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:53 AM

15,943 posts, read 6,643,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I am in my late-30s, and have always felt like it was my right, my heritage, my duty to vote. And voting in-person is important to me. I find it absolutely repugnant that this mail-in voting seems to be exploding. It is distirbing.

And I would risk acquiring a disease in the process of carrying out my American right to vote (in person) if that is what it required.
Even in Washington state, you can still vote in person. That hasn't been taken away.

King County Vote centers

Old 10-17-2020, 09:57 AM

26,092 posts, read 13,081,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
And I’m in my 30s and have never voted in person. I have better things to do than stand in line when I can just get a paper ballot.
Please keep doing so! I wonder how many of your past votes wer lost, stolen, damaged, or disallowed?

You will never know. At least now some states have internet verification....who few utilize I'm guessing.

Paper voting is advantage Trump, unless mail fraud, voter fraud, or election fraud occurs...then its all bets off.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:00 AM

11,475 posts, read 11,615,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I am in my late-30s, and have always felt like it was my right, my heritage, my duty to vote. And voting in-person is important to me. I find it absolutely repugnant that this mail-in voting seems to be exploding. It is distirbing.

And I would risk acquiring a disease in the process of carrying out my American right to vote (in person) if that is what it required.
Why would you do such a thing when you don’t have to?

We have been safely voting by mail in Colorado for a decade, mostly with Republican Secretaries of State.

I get a text or email when my ballot is being mailed to me and another to confirm that is has been received after I drop it in a secure drop box at the police station down the street.

Best system in the country.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 10-17-2020 at 10:09 AM..

Old 10-17-2020, 10:04 AM

11,831 posts, read 12,093,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Why would you do such a thing when you don’t have to?

We have been safely voting by mail in Colorado for a decade, mostly with Republican Secretaries of State.

I get a text or email when my ballot is being mailed to me and another to confirm that is has been recanted i drop it in a secure drop box at the police station down the street.

Best system in the country.
But, but, but, it’s distirbing...

Old 10-17-2020, 10:24 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,909 posts, read 2,079,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No, not that.

No voting by just clicking through something on your device.

You have to put more skin in the game than that, IMHO.

I also think you should have to type in (or in the case of mail in or drop off ballots, write in) the name of the candidates you choose. Put some effort in.
There's no skin in the game right now. All one has to be is a citizen of this country. With a straight face we have tens of millions of people who pay zero in income taxes being able to say to those who do what they should do with that money.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:26 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,909 posts, read 2,079,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
With all the organized rioting, burning, looting, assault and murder from the left it would be cakewalk for them to steal and trash ballots. I guarantee they will do plenty of it for this election.

If you’re ok with mail in, fine. Go ahead. I’ll be going in person.
How does one lose touch with reality to think something so outrageous such as this? Do you really have so little faith in your fellow citizens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies