Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 06:21 AM

7,295 posts, read 4,124,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Kamala said--

"You chose hope and unity, decency, science and, yes, truth."--referring to concepts embraced by Biden, however flawed he may be.

. . . as opposed to Trump, who was, in my opinion, divisive, not the least bit decent, very much anti-science, and an unrepentant compulsive liar.

Do you believe Trump is unifying, decent, pro-science, and honest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Do you believe Joe Biden is? The man has enriched himself at the government trough for 47 years and his biggest accomplishment is the 1994 crime bill. He’s taken bribes from foreign countries. He calls half the country irredeemable racists and blames all Covid deaths in this country on Donald Trump. The democrats have literally accused the republican candidate of murder at their last three national conventions.

If you want to claim that as decency or unifying then I don’t know what to tell you.
I’ll take that as a “no.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 06:23 AM

7,295 posts, read 4,124,987 times
Quote:
Kamala said--

"You chose hope and unity, decency, science and, yes, truth."--referring to concepts embraced by Biden, however flawed he may be.

. . . as opposed to Trump, who was, in my opinion, divisive, not the least bit decent, very much anti-science, and an unrepentant compulsive liar.

Do you believe Trump is unifying, decent, pro-science, and honest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
IMO... You present "in the corner" choices, with no 'other' options. I don't see the choices the same as you. I see a populist who knows that people are tired of hearing what politicians sell (lie about), and has something "different" to offer. I also see him as a decent salesman who delivered on his promises, who sees science with healthy skepticism, but without much science to back up his beliefs.

President Trump's prism is one of business and if the science is in conflict with business, he is probably gonna deny the science, but in fact... he may BELIEVE or know the science. Kinda like calling antifa a myth.

Old 11-09-2020, 06:30 AM

9,615 posts, read 5,408,991 times
Well, she is immoral and a ho. So there. Nanner Nanner.
Good grief.

Old 11-09-2020, 06:38 AM

15,042 posts, read 9,943,088 times
Quote:
Not true. I say NO to your choices, as an attempt to box in the conversation with steering questions.

Over ruled

Old 11-09-2020, 06:43 AM

29,885 posts, read 14,927,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Please. No one is being dishonest other then those trying to sow division in our country. She didnt label you folks at all. Sheesh. Your guy lost, quit freaking out and trying to make the new folks into some enemy that just isnt there.
Oh, the irony here...LOL.

Old 11-09-2020, 06:44 AM

39,951 posts, read 26,685,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
While I thought the speech writer did a nice job for Joe, Kamala delivered a poisonous critique of half the country.

To her supporters she said: "You delivered a clear message. You chose hope, unity, decency, science, and, yes, truth. You chose Joe Biden as the next president of the United States of America."

She thinks those who voted against Biden did so because they don't want unity, they are indecent, and they are ultimately dishonest people.

She says those who voted against Joe, did so to destroy the "soul" of America: "And when our very democracy was on the ballot in this election, with the very soul of America at stake, and the world watching, you ushered in a new day for America."

But she asks those evil people to believe: "No matter who you voted for...waking up every day thinking of you and your family.... To unite our country and heal the soul of our nation."

She also throws in a few lies like this whopper to claim unearned identity politics points for the big guy: "And what a testament it is to Joe’s character that he had the audacity to break one of the most substantial barriers that exists in our country and select a woman as his vice president.". Fact check = False. The barrier was long gone...

But there was the odd snippet of truth: "a man (Biden) with a big heart who loves with abandon". Fact check = True!!!
The Democrats, especially the progressive wing like Kammie-don't want "unity". They want submission.

Old 11-09-2020, 06:45 AM

15,042 posts, read 9,943,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The Democrats, especially the progressive wing like Kammie-don't want "unity". They want submission.
Accurate.

Old 11-09-2020, 06:47 AM

26,659 posts, read 13,854,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
While I thought the speech writer did a nice job for Joe, Kamala delivered a poisonous critique of half the country.

To her supporters she said: "You delivered a clear message. You chose hope, unity, decency, science, and, yes, truth. You chose Joe Biden as the next president of the United States of America."

She thinks those who voted against Biden did so because they don't want unity, they are indecent, and they are ultimately dishonest people.

She says those who voted against Joe, did so to destroy the "soul" of America: "And when our very democracy was on the ballot in this election, with the very soul of America at stake, and the world watching, you ushered in a new day for America."

But she asks those evil people to believe: "No matter who you voted for...waking up every day thinking of you and your family.... To unite our country and heal the soul of our nation."

She also throws in a few lies like this whopper to claim unearned identity politics points for the big guy: "And what a testament it is to Joe’s character that he had the audacity to break one of the most substantial barriers that exists in our country and select a woman as his vice president.". Fact check = False. The barrier was long gone...

But there was the odd snippet of truth: "a man (Biden) with a big heart who loves with abandon". Fact check = True!!!
She was gaslighting. Not good.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:24 AM

5,105 posts, read 2,336,795 times
Quote:
LOL. Ah yes, the ol "yes or no" demands. You use large words to hide juvenile attempts to misframe a topic.
What are you talking about? If the "soul" of the country was "at stake," that means that the soul would either have been preserved or destroyed. If someone says that their life is "at stake" in a certain situation, what do you think that means? That means that they'll either live or die. Doesn't it?

Old 11-09-2020, 08:02 AM

4,475 posts, read 3,332,663 times
Quote:
Sheesh. Your guy lost, quit freaking out and trying to make the new folks into some enemy that just isnt there.
Quote:
Yawn. Sure ya didnt, this non stop stream of hate is just random chance. Got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmsniffer View Post
You, like Trump, absolutely hate it when democracy works against you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _jbub88_ View Post
what happened to the thought that Americans need to come together. Its time to use proper language when talking to all Americans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Sad to see the party of Trump continue their hate and division.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And she's right. There's mountains of evidence that Trump's base was all of those things. The fact that you voted for someone who happily orphans migrant children as punishment to their parents says everything about how despicable and deplorable Trump's base is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The lengths Trumplings go to in order to keep stoking their irrational anger, fear and hatred.
I lump these all together because of the utter lack of self-awareness.

I did not vote for Trump in 2016, so I am not a Trump voter, nor can I be called a Trump supporter. I have seen over the past four years the vicious attacks on his presidency, his policies (even when they were policies Democrats agreed with the day before he won), his wife (unprecented, vicious attacks against a First Lady), his appointees and finally his supporters. A lot of his most ardent supporters are people who were Democrats not long ago, but felt abandoned by the Democratic Party. Most are just decent, Middle America working people who've seen jobs go away, their wages stagnate, their values trashed and a Supreme Court that aided and abetted in trashing the values and norms that have existed in their communities for eons.

The posts above are dripping with contempt and hate for people who voted for Trump while they pretend they want unity and are against divisiveness and hate. The irony would be rich if it wasn't tragic instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
If I say my friends are good people, does that mean everyone else are bad people?.
Not it wouldn't, but that wasn't what was said. We are talking about voting. If you say, "the people who voted for me are good people" and leave it there. It does imply, "those who did not vote for me are not good (bad)".

If you are going say, "the people who voted for me are good people" and you are trying to unify the people, then you continue "the people who voted for my opponent are good people too and I want you to know your concerns and views will not go unheard". THAT is how you unify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
If someone votes for someone knowing he's a cruel, indecent monster and his cruel, indecent policies... Guess what that makes them all?
Now does that sound unifying? This is the same person who doesn't know what an orphan is. An orphan is a child with both parents dead. The word has a specific meaning. The government, a lot of very liberal Democrat governments, take children away from irresponsible parents everyday in America. When in America a person commits a crime, we separate them from their children. We don't put the children in jail too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Those who vote for Trump are willing to accept that he lacks all those things and refuse to give up on him because they think he has done something for them personally choosing to support any of his methods whether selfish, devious or clandestine to obtain it for them.
Quote:
This is an astute description.
How about those who voted for Trump because he was going to do something for America. "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" Remember that? I can reasonably infer that a LOT of people voted for Biden because of what "America can do for them"; free healthcare, free college, college loans forgiven and the rest of the laundry list of goodies in the basket of promises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies