Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2020, 08:08 AM

21,235 posts, read 19,850,185 times

Advertisements

That’s what you get when you select a vice-president that clearly hates your guts, as demonstrated in the debates.

Kamala, Biden didn’t select you as a black women because he respects black women. He selected you because he wanted votes from blacks and women. He used you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2020, 08:09 AM

14,969 posts, read 9,871,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
And I shall know you as Durp_n_Tenn.
I thought it was clever... but alas, I'm just a deplorable, white racist, fascist, conservative family man with a Bible, guns and a moral compass, who voted republican.

Yep... that me.

Old 11-08-2020, 08:12 AM

2,734 posts, read 4,159,448 times
Default Trump Doesn't Deserve Our Respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Yeah that's the same irony. They were the ones causing the division refusing to show even the slightest bit of respect for our president from day one.

Respect needs to be earned.

We don't respect our abusers.

Old 11-08-2020, 08:14 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,127,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
While I thought the speech writer did a nice job for Joe, Kamala delivered a poisonous critique of half the country.

To her supporters she said: "You delivered a clear message. You chose hope, unity, decency, science, and, yes, truth. You chose Joe Biden as the next president of the United States of America."

She thinks those who voted against Biden did so because they don't want unity, they are indecent, and they are ultimately dishonest people.

She says those who voted against Joe, did so to destroy the "soul" of America: "And when our very democracy was on the ballot in this election, with the very soul of America at stake, and the world watching, you ushered in a new day for America."

But she asks those evil people to believe: "No matter who you voted for...waking up every day thinking of you and your family.... To unite our country and heal the soul of our nation."

She also throws in a few lies like this whopper to claim unearned identity politics points for the big guy: "And what a testament it is to Joe’s character that he had the audacity to break one of the most substantial barriers that exists in our country and select a woman as his vice president.". Fact check = False. The barrier was long gone...

But there was the odd snippet of truth: "a man (Biden) with a big heart who loves with abandon". Fact check = True!!!
And she's right. There's mountains of evidence that Trump's base was all of those things. The fact that you voted for someone who happily orphans migrant children as punishment to their parents says everything about how despicable and deplorable Trump's base is.

Old 11-08-2020, 08:19 AM

3,343 posts, read 1,974,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Kamala labels 70mil Americans: Devisive Indecent Liars!

SHE. DID. NO. SUCH. THING.

Talk about speech-writing. Or rewriting in this case.

This thread is an angry and mean spirited rewrite. It is based on what the OP claims Kamala Harris meant as opposed to what she spoke--- apparently with the purpose of causing problems, rabble rousing and manufacturing more hate and dissension in our nation. Who and why would someone interpret and twist Vice President-elect Harris' hopeful words in such a malicious and mendacious manner?

This is preposterous made up opinion poop to deliberately and malevolently influence others into believing who they should blame for whatever ails them. Geez, will the slander and lies, of the fearful few who only have a desire to keep America divided, ever stop?

Congratulations to our United States of America! Congratulations to President elect Joe Biden and Vice President elect Kamala Harris! May they always be full of the grace, the wisdom and the hope they exhibited last night in their inspirational acceptance speeches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXnePLTILY4
This is a perfect example of “accuse your opponents of what you yourself are guilty of”.
After four years of constant democrat tantrums you now have the unmitigated gall to suggest 71 million people should roll over and play dead to the freak show you have “elected” is utterly ridiculous.
You belong in the cages obama built.

Old 11-08-2020, 08:20 AM

5,655 posts, read 6,244,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And she's right. There's mountains of evidence that Trump's base was all of those things. The fact that you voted for someone who happily orphans migrant children as punishment to their parents says everything about how despicable and deplorable Trump's base is.
I disagree with the basic premise of this thread. She was clearly referncing Trump's penchant for lying and turnign his back on science whether it be climate change or COVID or other matters. But I think extrapolating that to infer she was saying that applied to all of his supporters was not the message.

Old 11-08-2020, 08:21 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,611,423 times
Wink Kamala labels 70mil Americans: Devisive Indecent Liars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
While I thought the speech writer did a nice job for Joe, Kamala delivered a poisonous critique of half the country.

To her supporters she said: "You delivered a clear message. You chose hope, unity, decency, science, and, yes, truth. You chose Joe Biden as the next president of the United States of America."

She thinks those who voted against Biden did so because they don't want unity, they are indecent, and they are ultimately dishonest people.

She says those who voted against Joe, did so to destroy the "soul" of America: "And when our very democracy was on the ballot in this election, with the very soul of America at stake, and the world watching, you ushered in a new day for America."

But she asks those evil people to believe: "No matter who you voted for...waking up every day thinking of you and your family.... To unite our country and heal the soul of our nation."

She also throws in a few lies like this whopper to claim unearned identity politics points for the big guy: "And what a testament it is to Joe’s character that he had the audacity to break one of the most substantial barriers that exists in our country and select a woman as his vice president.". Fact check = False. The barrier was long gone...

But there was the odd snippet of truth: "a man (Biden) with a big heart who loves with abandon". Fact check = True!!!
Kind of a snowflakey post, there.

Dontcha think?

Old 11-08-2020, 08:22 AM

7,977 posts, read 5,006,682 times
That woman just screams evil and more divisiveness, problem causing, Shady ambitious freak show than Trump. Yes if 2024 does come down to harris/Trump return, or Pence, No doubt my vote is going to them. If he she is the only other choice. The Dems better not go with this woman again.

Old 11-08-2020, 08:23 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,567,271 times
Ah that is my senator
Sounds like olive branch unity talk to me

Old 11-08-2020, 08:24 AM

21,503 posts, read 10,625,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Respect needs to be earned.

We don't respect our abusers.
What abuse? Seriously. I hear this type of thing all the time. Donald Trump is an authoritarian and wants to be dictator. He wants to take women’s and LGBT rights back to the 1950s. Yada yada yada. I want examples of him doing any of that stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies