Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 04:11 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,929,384 times

Advertisements

Trump has no influence anymore. Sad that he has to learn this lesson so publicly, would have maintained a lot more dignity if he had conceded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 04:12 PM

20,700 posts, read 12,583,104 times
I wonder what name Trump is going to come up with for McConnell.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:12 PM

21,427 posts, read 7,504,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Putin congratulated Biden earlier signaling that it was alright for others under Moscow's influence to do so as well.
Well THAT explains it!

Old 12-15-2020, 04:13 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,929,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Putin congratulated Biden earlier signaling that it was alright for others under Moscow's influence to do so as well.
So your saying Trump will congratulate Biden now?

Old 12-15-2020, 04:17 PM

20,700 posts, read 12,583,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
So your saying Trump will congratulate Biden now?
That will never happen.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:45 PM

4,061 posts, read 2,746,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I wonder what name Trump is going to come up with for McConnell.
He could always borrow Moscow Mitch.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:57 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,108,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Hate to break it to Mitch, but he can not "tell" Republican senators not to challenge the electoral college vote. He can ask, he can urge, he can plead ..... but he can not tell them. Sorry about that.
Oh he can do much more than plead. Who do you think appoints committee members. With that said I’m expecting a few Trumperoos to try to points with their old leader in the hope he will support them in future.

But at the end it doesn’t matter if they do or not.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:50 PM

9,915 posts, read 9,651,674 times
This is curious.. that saying the words "president elect" means so much, its like "kiss my ring" .. Its like they are salivating to get people to say those words. i can believe it. They want SOOOOO MUCH for a Trumper or Trump himself to say those words. i hope Trump keeps them in suspense forever.. and never say it.

Because the opposition will have some kind of weird satisfaction as if they won something big.. they will have won him abasing himself and any Trump voter abasing themselves and happy that they too drank the koolaide.

the more i hear this salivating, the more i will too refuse to say it. i wont give them that satisfaction, it will be like saying Caeser is Lord".

If Trump and others never say it, will they be able to go on with their lives? When they hear it, will it be a verbal orgasm of sorts? yes its like they are having an orgasm with their ears. i wont pander to that.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:58 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,108,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
This is curious.. that saying the words "president elect" means so much, its like "kiss my ring" .. Its like they are salivating to get people to say those words. i can believe it. They want SOOOOO MUCH for a Trumper or Trump himself to say those words. i hope Trump keeps them in suspense forever.. and never say it.

Because the opposition will have some kind of weird satisfaction as if they won something big.. they will have won him abasing himself and any Trump voter abasing themselves and happy that they too drank the koolaide.

the more i hear this salivating, the more i will too refuse to say it. i wont give them that satisfaction, it will be like saying Caeser is Lord".

If Trump and others never say it, will they be able to go on with their lives? When they hear it, will it be a verbal orgasm of sorts? yes its like they are having an orgasm with their ears. i wont pander to that.
LOL. You do miss the point entirely oh and by the way if this was the other way around, the Republicans would have been going crazy themselves.

It is about the way things have been done in the past in this country until this egomaniac took over and wants to throw a tantrum when he loses and the rest have to indulge him. This kind of BS has a way of getting back to you and what it sets up is for our future elections to be contested to the end by the loser, to not grant the title of President- Elect to the winner, to block them from getting information that would allow for a smoother transition period.

The Title is not what is important, is the admittance that the race is over and we need to move on. As I said be careful what you wish for.

Trump will never admit that he lost and that’s fine with me he lost and he must leave the White House on January 20, 2021.

Old 12-15-2020, 06:34 PM

8,907 posts, read 5,405,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Oh he can do much more than plead. Who do you think appoints committee members. With that said I’m expecting a few Trumperoos to try to points with their old leader in the hope he will support them in future.

But at the end it doesn’t matter if they do or not.
Some of the Senators have another party to answer to ... their constituents. Hardly worth appeasing Mitch McConnel if you are primaried out the next time you're up for re-election. Now how Mitch is going to handle this will be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies