Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 10:33 AM

11,272 posts, read 11,037,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Ah yes, 4 posts in and we already get a case of whataboutism.
Sorry, I forgot we were supposed to forget all about the chaos and mayhem that leftist goons and dregs plagued this country with for 8 of the last 12 months. My bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 10:35 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,737,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
As I recall, some were charged with murder. A bit more serious, wouldn't you say?
There is no question there are always violent nut bags wherever and whenever the sheet hits the streets. That's why it's always best to do what keeps the civil unrest from happening in the first place. Or not doing what causes people to protest in the streets...

The BIG difference is the make-up of the majority protesting. Who they are, what they're about, the number deemed dangerous, the subsequent arrests made and the nature of the charges. Anyone who thinks the BLM protests are the same as the siege of our nation's capital suffers from the worst form of confirmation bias, because the differences are obvious and significant on many levels.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Sorry, I forgot we were supposed to forget all about the chaos and mayhem that leftist goons and dregs plagued this country with for 8 of the last 12 months. My bad.
Remember the good old days when it was the audacity of taking a knee?

Old 01-17-2021, 10:38 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,554,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
As I recall, some were charged with murder. A bit more serious, wouldn't you say?
Only because the Capitol riot didn't last as long and was confined to a single location. With some people there found in possession of things like "five guns, eleven Molotov cocktails, a crossbow, smoke bombs and a stun gun," you can be sure some of the people in the Capitol riot did indeed have murder in mind.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
One person, a group does not make. If that were the case, the entire left would be rotten since pAntifa has been caught using most of these weapons as well. They have also shot fireworks directly at federal courthouses, and even set fires to police stations. The left referred to this as their "summer of love"...
Bet you didn't even read the article. Right? If you didn't, I rest my confirmation bias case...

A man named Cleveland Meredith, who traveled from Colorado in order to participate in the protests at the Capitol, was arrested at his hotel in D.C. last week after law enforcement received a tip that he had threatened to kill House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). Meredith told investigators that he mistakenly arrived in the District a day after the riot.

The FBI said in court documents that it found a handgun, an assault rifle and hundreds of rounds of ammunition in Meredith’s trailer and text messages on his phone in which he talked about killing Pelosi and told a friend “headed to DC with a **** ton of 5.56 armor piercing ammo [purple devil emoji].”

Not just one person by any means!

Old 01-17-2021, 10:41 AM

11,272 posts, read 11,037,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Ever have a good look at the goons that stormed the White House? Not only do I find myself forever asking "who ARE these freaking people?" My next thought is thank goodness they aren't black folks! I'm not sure I've seen a black person in any of those pictures yet. That tell you anything?
Why do you leftists have to infuse race into EVERYTHING?

But since you asked, the answer to your question as to why there are no black people in the video footage of the Capitol riots, is because an overwhelming majority of blacks seem to be okay with living on the democrat plantation. Why would they be participating in this riot? I'm sure though that if someone had tipped them off that there was a ton of flat screen TV's, Nike Air's, and malt liquor in the Capitol, the demographics in the video would be a little more, how do you say, diverse?

Old 01-17-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Why do you leftists have to infuse race into EVERYTHING?

But since you asked, the answer to your question as to why there are no black people in the video footage of the Capitol riots, is because an overwhelming majority of blacks seem to be okay with living on the democrat plantation. Why would they be participating in this riot? I'm sure though that if someone had tipped them off that there was a ton of flat screen TV's, Nike Air's, and malt liquor in the Capitol, the demographics in the video would be a little more, how do you say, diverse?
Much of the "divide" is about race. It's not a leftist thing. It's a racist thing...

Remember what the BLM protests were all about? What brought them on? You going to brand all BLM protesters with this malt liquor brand of racism your pushing here? I know white people who were part of those protests, and they didn't steal anything or promote any violence. Most of the people involved in those protests, white and black, were peaceful law-abiding people.

It seems every person that stormed the White House is white, and there were a lot of them. Mostly white males who were just as the article describes. Then too all the ones outside. Too many carrying weapons and not for safety reasons!

Again, the differences are significant and anyone who wants to suggest that they are the same, well then you Trump supporters ought to remember your opinion of the BLM protesters and apply the same sort of "law-and-order" judgement in the same way. Problem is, these are not just law-and-order issues, and not just about the "bad apples." The "divide" is about a whole lot more than just law-and-order. Just for starters...

But time for me to get on with our customary Big Sunday Breakfast here, so for me the fending off of Trumpism will have to wait until maybe again tomorrow.

Here's to no more than four of the worst years America has had to endure, marked by what is looking to be the lowest approval rating of any outgoing POTUS in America's history! Snap out of it already!

Old 01-17-2021, 10:57 AM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Bet you didn't even read the article. Right? If you didn't, I rest my confirmation bias case...

A man named Cleveland Meredith, who traveled from Colorado in order to participate in the protests at the Capitol, was arrested at his hotel in D.C. last week after law enforcement received a tip that he had threatened to kill House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). Meredith told investigators that he mistakenly arrived in the District a day after the riot.

The FBI said in court documents that it found a handgun, an assault rifle and hundreds of rounds of ammunition in Meredith’s trailer and text messages on his phone in which he talked about killing Pelosi and told a friend “headed to DC with a **** ton of 5.56 armor piercing ammo [purple devil emoji].”

Not just one person by any means!

Political violence is not a new thing. Reagan was shot. Abraham Lincoln was assassinated. Republican congressmen were shot, and some killed while they were playing baseball a few years back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mpts_and_plots

As you can see, assassination attempts are rather common, and not exclusive to one political ideology.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:58 AM

636 posts, read 328,796 times
They are just finding these things now? How that work? Curious how they only actually used clubs and fire extinguishers as weapons.

Old 01-17-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Political violence is not a new thing. Reagan was shot. Abraham Lincoln was assassinated. Republican congressmen were shot, and some killed while they were playing baseball a few years back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mpts_and_plots

As you can see, assassination attempts are rather common, and not exclusive to one political ideology.
Do have mercy...

Of course even assassinations have happened before. Of course political violence is nothing new. What in the name of crazy nutty are you pushing here?

Almost reads like if Trump were assassinated, you would simply shrug it off as "not a new thing."

Not only who ARE these people, but who in the hell are you!?!

Nowhere near me I sure hope...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies