Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 11:31 AM

29,543 posts, read 9,710,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Can you kindly link some of your threads where you righteously excoriated domestic terrorists like the two lawyers in NYC?
Frankly, I don't pay much attention or focus on individual radicals or terrorists on either side as a rule, because there are always the "bad apples" even among peaceful protesters. Like say the majority thousands of peaceful BLM protesters who are wrongfully thrown under the bus of the minority looters and more violent "bad apples."

The big difference with respect to the topic of this thread is that it wasn't just a few "bad apples" who stormed the White House and supported them from the outside. I've also explained this earlier in this thread as well.

What I would like to ask you is whether you agree or disagree with my prior comment. Simple as that, and for what it is worth, again, I don't condone any act of terrorism, foreign or domestic. I mean get real!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2021, 11:35 AM

16,075 posts, read 10,735,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Sorry, I forgot we were supposed to forget all about the chaos and mayhem that leftist goons and dregs plagued this country with for 8 of the last 12 months. My bad.
Actually, you should not forget but rather learn the difference. If you have people protesting police killings of unarmed citizens, incidents that were actually based on fact, you have a situation where enraged people are demanding justice -- which, sadly, never comes (as we have seen so often). Then there is the mob attacking the Capitol (and our representatives in congress) who are incited by a lie -- a grandiose myth spread by the president who, in his delusional thinking, claims to have won the election in spite of all evidence and truth to the contrary. Rioting in either instance was wrong but in the latter, rioting and violence was the intent from the start in an effort to overthrow the constitutional process. Your whataboutism is a worthless POS argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yeah, but expect the left-wing idiots to dismiss those that ACTUALLTY used weapons and Molotov Cocktails against innocent people, yet froth at the mouth over those that just had them and never used them. More deflection-count on it.
I expect deflection from you because that is your only defense -- and it is worthless.

Old 01-26-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Actually, you should not forget but rather learn the difference. If you have people protesting police killings of unarmed citizens, incidents that were actually based on fact, you have a situation where enraged people are demanding justice -- which, sadly, never comes (as we have seen so often). Then there is the mob attacking the Capitol (and our representatives in congress) who are incited by a lie -- a grandiose myth spread by the president who, in his delusional thinking, claims to have won the election in spite of all evidence and truth to the contrary. Rioting in either instance was wrong but in the latter, rioting and violence was the intent from the start in an effort to overthrow the constitutional process. Your whataboutism is a worthless POS argument.

I expect deflection from you because that is your only defense -- and it is worthless.
That's more like it!

The voice of reason, balance and fact-based. Thank goodness there are enough Americans in this country who can keep from going off the rails to the left or the right. Thanks!

Additionally there is the much broader perspective to consider if I can tack onto your noteworthy comment. There are a large number of Americans who are simply anti-government. Too many who are borderline anarchists. Their goal is to overthrow the government and/or the establishment. Though all Americans have some heartburn about how well our government works, that group of people well represented by those who stormed the capital are a real, true threat to our democracy and an affront to the Constitution of the United States.

They want to promote the idea that our voting system doesn't work. Is "rigged" despite no evidence of any such thing whatsoever. That's a good first step toward undermining our system of peacefully transferring power, by way of our elections. Big difference from someone breaking a window to steal a TV!

That's another big difference between the common looter or violent protester that goes off the rails in either direction. The kind of people who law enforcement can never prevent entirely, and who are always part of the mix whenever the crap hits the fan and people take to the streets to protest wrong doing. Even peacefully, there are always the "bad apples," but these groups who cheer or condone these nit wits that stormed the capital are truly missing the point. Also all the "what about them" people who want to somehow excuse the "bad apples" on their end with examples of "bad apples" on the other end. Shameful cases of confirmation bias that is also very dangerous.

They want us to believe our voting system does not work. That is a good first step toward undermining our entire peaceful process of transferring power. A little different from breaking a window because you want to steal a new TV.

That's just immaturity and some messed up thinking between the ears that really should not be tolerated.

Old 01-26-2021, 12:45 PM

16,075 posts, read 10,735,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

They want us to believe our voting system does not work. That is a good first step toward undermining our entire peaceful process of transferring power. A little different from breaking a window because you want to steal a new TV.

That's just immaturity and some messed up thinking between the ears that really should not be tolerated.
There is a significant number of Americans who were never on the rails to begin with. These are the real "losers". They never bought into the notion of a common ideal or set of values that holds the country together. These are the people who would have elected a Billy Goat as prom queen or a pig for class president in school. They think it is cute and clever to undermine the foundations of our republic and any of our institutions. Some matured out of that stage but many did not and we see a new crop rising up every year. They are the ones that thought Trump would teach the "powers that be" a lesson. Trump is exactly of that faithless ilk -- except he has cloaked himself in self-adorned privilege. He never had to respect the rules and never had anything to complain about. His purpose is self-promotion at all costs. He was thrilled to see the assault on the capitol only to criticize the fashions and wardrobe of the insurrectionists. During times of unrest they are the opportunists that come out of the shadows to throw rocks at police -- or do a hostile take over of a political party. The faithless opportunists are less engaged in the cause or the message than they are at creating chaos or self-promotion, even if it is internal and twisted.

These people really don't know right from left. Some seem to have a cult-like attachment to a leader or are gullible and easily conned. Some simply adopt one side or the other as a pretext for chaos. Getting "caught up in the moment" is a false excuse and a cop-out because they were there for a reason.

Old 01-26-2021, 12:50 PM

628 posts, read 286,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Remember the good old days when it was the audacity of taking a knee?
Yeah, and that wasn't appropriate either according to these people. So tell me exactly WHAT kind of protest IS acceptable when you don't know whether your son/brother/father, etc, will walk back in the door at night after they have walked out in the morning versus 'Wah I lost an election and I don't wanna lose'

Old 01-27-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
Yeah, and that wasn't appropriate either according to these people. So tell me exactly WHAT kind of protest IS acceptable when you don't know whether your son/brother/father, etc, will walk back in the door at night after they have walked out in the morning versus 'Wah I lost an election and I don't wanna lose'
Well let's start with non-violent protest like MLK and Gandhi felt was best, as should we all...

Got to wondering if there was any Trump supporter who comments in this forum and who offers better argument than "what aboutisms" and nondescript insult of liberals. I mean anyone out there that makes good, adult, balanced, argument for why Americans should support somebody like Trump? Also with other than "anything is better than the alternative" argument? As in why having someone like Trump as POTUS is actually good for America and/or the world? Specifically?

If you know of such a person, please pass along their moniker, because I'd like to see their comments. I'm not sure I've come across such a person commenting in this forum yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies