Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 09:49 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Aren't travel bans racist or something?
Brazil and South Africa are multi-racial countries. These travel bans discrimiate against whites as much as blacks, indigenous peoples, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2021, 10:14 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Tell me again whose media made up what..

Trump's Muslim ban was introduced in 2017: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execut...0Order%2013780.

How did he do this to (as you say) "limit the transmission of covid".

I just wish you and your type would review your sources, and then re-evaluate your opinions. There is media bias, including from the mainstream, but you all seem to believe that is the only source, when in fact the right-wing media is the source of much more disinformation, INCLUDING (as you have illustrated) the notion that the mainstream media is as dishonest as you and Trump would like to believe...

Question everything. (I do, do you?)
This was a completely different order from before covid. We are talking about the covid-related bans. If I'm not mistaken, the ban was in response to the NY attack in 2017? I fully support this ban. There are very few Muslims who do not hate the West and America. Read a book on the subject by liberal Sam Harris - Islam and the Future of Tolerance to get an idea for that world. We need to play carefully in that world and fight for peace without being naive.

Old 01-25-2021, 10:32 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Tell me again whose media made up what..

Trump's Muslim ban was introduced in 2017: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execut...0Order%2013780.

How did he do this to (as you say) "limit the transmission of covid".

I just wish you and your type would review your sources, and then re-evaluate your opinions. There is media bias, including from the mainstream, but you all seem to believe that is the only source, when in fact the right-wing media is the source of much more disinformation, INCLUDING (as you have illustrated) the notion that the mainstream media is as dishonest as you and Trump would like to believe...

Question everything. (I do, do you?)
You do realize that there was no such thing as "Trump's Muslim ban", right? That 90%+ of Muslims were not from countries that were banned? That the countries banned were not because they were Muslim, but because they were the worst state sponsors of terrorism and had the worst human rights records on the planet? That Venezuela and North Korea (that were on the list) are NOT Muslim nations? Stop with the lies-most people aren't stupid enough to fall for them.

Old 01-25-2021, 11:32 AM

7,142 posts, read 4,737,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Brazil and South Africa are multi-racial countries. These travel bans discrimiate against whites as much as blacks, indigenous peoples, etc.
Whites cannot be discriminated against according to the left. They don't count when included in racial inequalities, don'tcha know?

Old 01-25-2021, 11:33 AM

3,746 posts, read 1,441,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Breitbart. That tells me all I need to know right there.
Trump = Muslim ban. Biden = black ban. South Africa and Brazil are black countries.

Old 01-25-2021, 12:04 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Trump = Muslim ban. Biden = black ban. South Africa and Brazil are black countries.
I'll see if I can simplify the concept.

Biden trying to mitigate the spread of COVID.
Trump tried to stop Muslims from coming in to the USA.

(Clearly stated in the original version of his travel ban).

oh and even easier to understand --- travel restrictions on UK and Ireland -- and is that a white ban in your mind. Canada's border being closed --- a white ban?

Old 01-25-2021, 12:10 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,665,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Biden trying to mitigate the spread of COVID.
Trump tried to stop Muslims from coming in to the USA.

Unless you supported Trumps china travel ban to prevent covid, your stance here creates obvious hypocrisy...this whole Biden travel ban is clearly obviously hypocrisy.

Old 01-25-2021, 12:11 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,503,534 times
Biden called Trump racist for putting China on a no-fly list. He kinda made a big deal about in, in fact.

Pepperidge Farms remembers!

Old 01-25-2021, 12:12 PM

335 posts, read 166,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Interesting.....Why does Biden hated peoples of color

Biden to reinstate COVID travel rules, add South Africa, Brazil

President Joe Biden on Monday will formally reinstate COVID-19 travel restrictions on non-U.S. travelers from Brazil, Ireland, the United Kingdom and 26 other European countries that allow travel across open borders, according to two White House officials.

The officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the order, also confirmed Sunday that South Africa would be added to the restricted list because of concerns about a variant of the virus that has spread beyond that nation.

https://www.breitbart.com/news/biden...-south-africa/
Identity Politics. Dems specialized in it and now the Republicans want part of the action!

Old 01-25-2021, 12:17 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollypopper View Post
Identity Politics. Dems specialized in it and now the Republicans want part of the action!
Republicans jumped on the train from the inception of the concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies