Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 07:40 AM

21,380 posts, read 7,987,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Meh, so I gotta show my vaccine card. No big deal. I really don't understand all the hysteria.
How many vaccines are you willing to take? 1 or 10? 20? Boosters every 4 weeks to keep your card up to date?

How many restrictions will you be happy with? Travel? Groceries? Leaving your house?

Wake Up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 08:20 AM

25,456 posts, read 9,861,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
How many vaccines are you willing to take? 1 or 10? 20? Boosters every 4 weeks to keep your card up to date?

How many restrictions will you be happy with? Travel? Groceries? Leaving your house?

Wake Up.
I'm happy to take a booster every year. Since Pfizer is effective for six months, doubt that a four week booster would be required.

I'm happy to show my card at the grocery store or wherever I travel. Not a big deal.

People get so upset over things that are minor. With the problems we are all facing in this country, climate change included, showing a vaccine card is the least of my worries.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
We’re on a dangerous road. Vaccine passports are far more dangerous overall than covid. I hope people wake up soon because opposing this is the only way to stop it. Once it’s here, there is no going back. Thank you for sharing this here.

Did you watch the video in the op?
I did not, but am aware of what vaccine passports are.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:25 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,804,116 times
Quote:
I did not, but am aware of what vaccine passports are.
Watching it will help you understand why people are so concerned. A lot is at stake here. It’s not a minor thing, this will change society forever and it can impact you even if you get every single vaccine ever made. Your freedom is at stake. Please watch the video.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:45 AM

4,683 posts, read 5,009,946 times
Quote:
I'm happy to take a booster every year. Since Pfizer is effective for six months, doubt that a four week booster would be required.

I'm happy to show my card at the grocery store or wherever I travel. Not a big deal.

People get so upset over things that are minor. With the problems we are all facing in this country, climate change included, showing a vaccine card is the least of my worries.
You are expressing a view that I find completely contemptible. "Why worry about freedom, we have climate change to fight!" You are no ally of mine. Although I will still do what I can as a citizen to fight for freedom so that everyone, even people like you who have zero appreciation for it, can have it. That's what America is about, baby.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
You are expressing a view that I find completely contemptible. "Why worry about freedom, we have climate change to fight!" You are no ally of mine. Although I will still do what I can as a citizen to fight for freedom so that everyone, even people like you who have zero appreciation for it, can have it. That's what America is about, baby.
I'm not an ally of a lot of people here, and I'm fine with that. I too fight for freedom. I just choose my battles, mostly in the racism, climate change, equality arenas, women's rights. Showing a vaccination card doesn't affect my freedom whatsoever. No more than showing my vehicle registration if asked, showing proof of insurance, even showing my library card or grocery store card, etc. It's a shame some people see boogey men at every turn. I wouldn't want to live in that much fear.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:00 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,804,116 times
Quote:
I'm not an ally of a lot of people here, and I'm fine with that. I too fight for freedom. I just choose my battles, mostly in the racism, climate change, equality arenas, women's rights. Showing a vaccination card doesn't affect my freedom whatsoever. No more than showing my vehicle registration if asked, showing proof of insurance, even showing my library card or grocery store card, etc. It's a shame some people see boogey men at every turn. I wouldn't want to live in that much fear.

It will only take 15 minutes to watch the video. You don’t even have to look at the screen, you can listen to it while you are doing something else. Vaccine passports pose a threat to everyone’s freedom, yours included.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:01 AM

4,683 posts, read 5,009,946 times
Quote:
Do you think having to show a vaccination card to get into a freaking grocery store is going to help or hurt equality?

Old 04-02-2021, 09:13 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,185,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
This is not uplifting stuff. Naomi Wolf is a leftist warning about the serious danger of vaccine passports. I'm definitely not a leftist, but I completely agree with what she is saying. I hope that all Americans of all political persuasions can see how serious the danger is here. The danger to liberty should be blatantly obvious to all of us:

"As a Democrat, I am horrified that the Biden Administration is rolling this out, but this is beyond partistanship. Tories are rolling it out in Britain. In Israel, Netanyahu rolled it out. In 6 months, no 4 months, Israel crushed civil society because people who don't sign on to this pass system are 2nd rate citizens. And people even who do sign on to it who are dissidents are hounded and shamed and ostracized and surveilled 24/7. And they're trying to warn the rest of the world. And I'm trying to warn you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWoDbGNt4wg
funny, that we do not have legal FDA approved vaccines...

Old 04-02-2021, 09:22 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,779,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
We’re on a dangerous road. Vaccine passports are far more dangerous overall than covid. I hope people wake up soon because opposing this is the only way to stop it. Once it’s here, there is no going back. Thank you for sharing this here.

Did you watch the video in the op?
I agree this sets a dangerous precedent. I am a left-leaning independent and have never been into conspiracy theories and I am not an anti-vaxxer. But these 'passports' are a big threat to our freedom and from there, anything is possible - what would be next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies