Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2021, 12:27 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It's their defense mechanism. I think they can't process it so they pretend this is nothing. Those are the types that go along with whatever is sold so they don't have to think for themselves or face a negative reality slapping them in the face. Watching the video won't do anything to shift that mentality.
It’s weird that they won’t spend 15 minutes to watch the video yet they can spend all day commenting on it and trying to denigrate those of us who have concerns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 12:28 PM

4,649 posts, read 4,970,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Democrats be like, "Show me your papers please!! Your papers!! Now!! We demand that you prove who you are and prove that you've done what you were told to do!!" But when it's time to vote, "Why in the world would we ask you to prove that you are who you claim to be?? If you say you're John Smith, then we believe you without reservation."
I'm going to demand answers from the people who whined incessantly about "food deserts" five years ago who now think it's a good idea to make you show proof of vaccination before entering a grocery store. That's a promise.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:28 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,067,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm not an ally of a lot of people here, and I'm fine with that. I too fight for freedom. I just choose my battles, mostly in the racism, climate change, equality arenas, women's rights. Showing a vaccination card doesn't affect my freedom whatsoever. No more than showing my vehicle registration if asked, showing proof of insurance, even showing my library card or grocery store card, etc. It's a shame some people see boogey men at every turn. I wouldn't want to live in that much fear.
It’s hilarious that you accuse people of seeing “boogey men at every turn” yet you buy into
“racism, climate change, equality...[and] women’s rights.”

Old 04-02-2021, 12:29 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I'm going to demand answers from the people who whined incessantly about "food deserts" five years ago who now think it's a good idea to make you show proof of vaccination before entering a grocery store. That's a promise.
I bet the same people who were concerned about food desserts were also thrilled about mask mandates and will be happy to go along with vaccine passports.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:30 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm not an ally of a lot of people here, and I'm fine with that. I too fight for freedom. I just choose my battles, mostly in the racism, climate change, equality arenas, women's rights. Showing a vaccination card doesn't affect my freedom whatsoever. No more than showing my vehicle registration if asked, showing proof of insurance, even showing my library card or grocery store card, etc. It's a shame some people see boogey men at every turn. I wouldn't want to live in that much fear.
If you are in favor of the vaccine passport you do NOT "fight for freedom." You are against freedom.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:38 PM

1,517 posts, read 540,887 times
Once again fake hysteria on the right, I guess that's all they have. Now that I think about it's all they've ever had.

The federal govt is NOT creating vaccine passports, they are NOT creating a national database! Some private companies may have policies to provide proof of vaccination for admittance to their private venues. This will NOT be common it will be rare. Some companies may want to create passport applications - this is called capitalism!

Other countries may require proof of vaccination - INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL is the mostly likely scenario. 95% of Americans don't travel internationally so it won't be an issue for a vast number of people.

Our country will be completely open in 6 months, the need for vaccine passports will diminish over time.

Pardon the interruption, please proceed with your conspiracy theories.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:45 PM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
Once again fake hysteria on the right, I guess that's all they have. Now that I think about it's all they've ever had.

The federal govt is NOT creating vaccine passports, they are NOT creating a national database! Some private companies may have policies to provide proof of vaccination for admittance to their private venues. This will NOT be common it will be rare. Some companies may want to create passport applications - this is called capitalism!

Other countries may require proof of vaccination - INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL is the mostly likely scenario. 95% of Americans don't travel internationally so it won't be an issue for a vast number of people.

Our country will be completely open in 6 months, the need for vaccine passports will diminish over time.

Pardon the interruption, please proceed with your conspiracy theories.
I hope you are right and all those wacky conspiracy theorists are wrong about this, I really do.

Of course this will just be a passing thing, like the Patriot Act.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:49 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,457,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Democrats be like, "Show me your papers please!! Your papers!! Now!! We demand that you prove who you are and prove that you've done what you were told to do!!" But when it's time to vote, "Why in the world would we ask you to prove that you are who you claim to be?? If you say you're John Smith, then we believe you without reservation."
Wait, isn’t that the party that “strongly” demands ID for voting, calling it “essential”? “Show me the papers” isn’t a factor when people want to exercise their democratic right to vote? Is it bad only when you can infect numerous people with the virus?

Anyway how does an unknown person entering a closed space supposed to prove he got the vaccine? Just by saying “I’m vaccinated”? Everyone gets a card when they got vaccinated, but not everyone has an ID card. In worst case scenario you may not be admitted to a ball game. It’s not like not being permitted to vote.

Last edited by oberon_1; 04-02-2021 at 01:04 PM..

Old 04-02-2021, 12:52 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Wait, isn’t that the party that “strongly” demands ID for voting, calling it “essential”? “Show me the papers” isn’t a factor when people want to exercise their democratic right to vote? Is it bad only when you can infect numerous people around you with the virus?
People keep making this same argument.

Forcing someone to take a vaccine into their own physical body isn't the same as requiring an ID to vote. If you or others can see this, then I don't what more to say.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:53 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,943,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Yep. They think no one will notice they’re anti-vaxxers if they screech about “freedom and privacy”. The fact that other mandates don’t bother them a bit gives it away.
I don't know what other mandates you're referring to, but I'm not in favor of many so-called mandates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies