Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2021, 01:44 PM

8,341 posts, read 3,552,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
This is not uplifting stuff. Naomi Wolf is a leftist warning about the serious danger of vaccine passports. I'm definitely not a leftist, but I completely agree with what she is saying. I hope that all Americans of all political persuasions can see how serious the danger is here. The danger to liberty should be blatantly obvious to all of us:

"As a Democrat, I am horrified that the Biden Administration is rolling this out, but this is beyond partistanship. Tories are rolling it out in Britain. In Israel, Netanyahu rolled it out. In 6 months, no 4 months, Israel crushed civil society because people who don't sign on to this pass system are 2nd rate citizens. And people even who do sign on to it who are dissidents are hounded and shamed and ostracized and surveilled 24/7. And they're trying to warn the rest of the world. And I'm trying to warn you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWoDbGNt4wg
Bill Gates was talking about using biometric tattoos on your hand for the vaccine passport in an interview.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 01:45 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,868,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Bill Gates was talking about using biometric tattoos on your hand for the vaccine passport in an interview.
I do have to wonder, what's a second rate citizen?

Old 04-02-2021, 01:47 PM

7,176 posts, read 4,769,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Funny how some will scream and yell over getting a vaccine in a pandemic, yet won't fight against racism, inequality, women's rights, voting rights, etc. So I guess fighting for freedom means only fighting for the issue(s) you believe in.
There are people who stand for those issues and also stand strongly against forcing inoculation for a vaccine passport or else suffering life restrictions on a local level, like going into a restaurant or pub, a grocery store or shop, having no access to some online services if you’re deemed a dissenting “bad citizen.” Being restricted in movement.
This is your future and that of your kids. China has a database for control of every citizen and other countries now are buying in. Don’t believe it? Wait and do nothing.
Good luck.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:48 PM

30,914 posts, read 37,071,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Its impossible to vaccinate everyone every week.

They have been chipping away at our freedoms since just after 9/11. Look at all the flying restrictions, banking restrictions, etc. All the spying on Americans monitoring everything anyone says or emails or texts. And most people were fine with it because we were stopping terrorism. Or so they said. So sure the DemoCon, RepublicoCrat party will use the pandemic to control people more I believe that. And just like after 9/11 most people either don't care or think its a good idea.

So all of this is an exercise in futility. There will be a vaccine passport and it will probably never go away because these things never do. I guess I worry about it a little less because the government is already watching and controlling everyone everything. This is not a giant step just one more step.
It bothers me that you see this but just acquiesce to it all.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:49 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,981,265 times
And furthermore, I object to having to have a driver's license and all the stuff they make you go through! I think there's a chemical on it that rubs into your fingers so the gov'mint can track your every move and then they will be able to control your thoughts. I saw it on Fox News so it must be true.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:56 PM

7,176 posts, read 4,769,973 times
Quote:
Seriously? It's the same thing as a second-class citizen. Do you know what that is? Here, I will show you from MW:
Definition of second-class citizen

: someone who is not given the same rights as other people

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
There are people who stand for those issues and also stand strongly against forcing inoculation for a vaccine passport or else suffering life restrictions on a local level, like going into a restaurant or pub, a grocery store or shop, having no access to some online services if you’re deemed a dissenting “bad citizen.” Being restricted in movement.
This is your future and that of your kids. China has a database for control of every citizen and other countries now are buying in. Don’t believe it? Wait and do nothing.
Good luck.
And you know that you are going to be considered a bad citizen for not getting a vaccine? Because I haven't seen that anywhere. Will you have to have a vaccine passport to travel out of the country? Maybe. Other than that I don't see the need for all the hysteria.

So what exactly are YOU doing, since you think I am waiting and doing nothing? Voicing an opinion on a forum does not for action make. I think Amazon is more than happy to take my money, vaccine or no vaccine. I'm already restricted in movement, as I only go to the grocery store now because there are so many out there not abiding by CDC guidelines.

26,661 posts, read 13,812,121 times
Quote:

A second class citizen is one who is a citizen but is denied the social, political and economic benefits of citizenship. People who don’t go along with this passport will become second class citizens.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Seriously? It's the same thing as a second-class citizen. Do you know what that is? Here, I will show you from MW:
Definition of second-class citizen

: someone who is not given the same rights as other people
Ah, so the fighting I do for justice and equality for those considered lesser in our society (certain segments of our population, LGBTQ folks, etc) is a good thing then? Glad you agree that it's a bad thing to marginalize these folks.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:59 PM

19,764 posts, read 12,332,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
And furthermore, I object to having to have a driver's license and all the stuff they make you go through! I think there's a chemical on it that rubs into your fingers so the gov'mint can track your every move and then they will be able to control your thoughts. I saw it on Fox News so it must be true.
I gather you watched the video and thought critically about the issue before posting this response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies