Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2021, 10:36 PM

7,165 posts, read 4,756,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
The bolded and red keeps being ignored by some. Can't rep you again, glad to see many get it. The prior CDC quote cited ended with "until we know more". These words are included for a reason.

It's mind boggling that something like vaccine passports are being suggested at all, let alone this early on.

Even more concerning, I certainly hope for everyone's sake that there will be no long term side effects. But if the vaccination creators, producers and scientists can’t make this claim legally or otherwise, neither can anyone else at this stage. I don’t care what their credentials are.
Thank you.

I'm with you there, hoping for the best for everyone!
Can't rep you again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 11:08 PM

37,162 posts, read 41,357,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I'm sorry, but now you're sounding desperate. You are not scientifically superior; I doubt anyone here is.
Your claim was that the vaccine prevents spread/transmission.
That is false.
I provided the evidence that the vaccines prevent transmission. Believe it or not, as you wish, and the CDC acknowledges that it exists, no matter how much you want it not to.

Also from the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...-Vaccines.html

"The study demonstrates that these two mRNA vaccines can reduce the risk of all SARS-CoV-2 infections, not just symptomatic infections.

This is important because preventing both asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic infections among health care workers and other essential workers through vaccination can help prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2 to those they care for or serve. Findings from this study complement earlier reports that these two mRNA COVID-19 vaccines can reduce both asymptomatic and symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infections."

Here is some of the additional research planned:

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...d-transmission

Old 04-04-2021, 11:36 PM

17,474 posts, read 14,710,390 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but now you're sounding desperate. You are not scientifically superior; I doubt anyone here is.
Your claim was that the vaccine prevents spread/transmission.
That is false.

I see nothing of the sort in your newest attempt to be correct, either.

When proven wrong, you search for something that agrees with your claim.
It's okay to be incorrect, inaccurate, mistaken.

To consistently do this obsessive stuff is beyond reason.

CDC disagrees with you.

Try reading it again from the CDC. Someone was kind enough to post the poignant words for you again.

"A growing body of evidence suggests that fully vaccinated people are less likely to have asymptomatic infection and potentially less likely to transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others. However, further investigation is ongoing."
Agreed. +1

Old 04-04-2021, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I provided the evidence that the vaccines prevent transmission. Believe it or not, as you wish, and the CDC acknowledges that it exists, no matter how much you want it not to.

Also from the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...-Vaccines.html

"The study demonstrates that these two mRNA vaccines can reduce the risk of all SARS-CoV-2 infections, not just symptomatic infections.

This is important because preventing both asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic infections among health care workers and other essential workers through vaccination can help prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2 to those they care for or serve. Findings from this study complement earlier reports that these two mRNA COVID-19 vaccines can reduce both asymptomatic and symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infections."

Here is some of the additional research planned:

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...d-transmission
No, you didn't provide evidence that the vaccines prevent transmission.
You provided evidence that they help prevent infection and transmission. Nothing new about that.

H-e-l-p.

Yes, I am hopeful that they help to prevent infection and transmission like everyone else, but what you stated was that vaccines stop the spread/transmission.

They help, but they don't stop it completely. That's why people are instructed to continue wearing masks after fully vaccinated.

From your link:
"The study demonstrates that these two mRNA vaccines can reduce the RISK of all SARS-CoV-2 infections, not just symptomatic infections."
As far as future research planned, thank you for the link. I'll read it tomorrow when I have time.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:05 AM

Quote:
No, you didn't provide evidence that the vaccines prevent transmission.
You provided evidence that they help prevent infection and transmission. Nothing new about that.

H-e-l-p.

Yes, I am hopeful that they help to prevent infection and transmission like everyone else, but what you stated was that vaccines stop the spread/transmission.

They help, but they don't stop it completely. That's why people are instructed to continue wearing masks after fully vaccinated.

From your link:
"The study demonstrates that these two mRNA vaccines can reduce the RISK of all SARS-CoV-2 infections, not just symptomatic infections."
As far as future research planned, thank you for the link. I'll read it tomorrow when I have time.
Good Lord.

Nowhere did I claim it was 100%!

None of the references I have provided said that, and I never said it or implied it. Now you are just trolling.

"Data analysis in a study by the Israeli Health Ministry and Pfizer Inc found the Pfizer vaccine developed with Germany’s BioNTech reduces infection, including in asymptomatic cases, by 89.4% and in symptomatic cases by 93.7%."

"A separate study by Israel’s Sheba Medical Center published on Friday in The Lancet medical journal found that among 7,214 hospital staff who received their first dose in January, there was an 85% reduction in symptomatic COVID-19 within 15 to 28 days with an overall reduction of infections, including asymptomatic cases detected by testing, of 75%."

"Results showed that following the second dose of vaccine (the recommended number of doses), risk of infection was reduced by 90 percent two or more weeks after vaccination. Following a single dose of either vaccine, the participants’ risk of infection with SARS-CoV-2 was reduced by 80 percent two or more weeks after vaccination."

How do you get from that that I was saying stopped all spread?

Old 04-05-2021, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Good Lord.

Nowhere did I claim it was 100%!

None of the references I have provided said that, and I never said it or implied it. Now you are just trolling.

"Data analysis in a study by the Israeli Health Ministry and Pfizer Inc found the Pfizer vaccine developed with Germany’s BioNTech reduces infection, including in asymptomatic cases, by 89.4% and in symptomatic cases by 93.7%."

"A separate study by Israel’s Sheba Medical Center published on Friday in The Lancet medical journal found that among 7,214 hospital staff who received their first dose in January, there was an 85% reduction in symptomatic COVID-19 within 15 to 28 days with an overall reduction of infections, including asymptomatic cases detected by testing, of 75%."

"Results showed that following the second dose of vaccine (the recommended number of doses), risk of infection was reduced by 90 percent two or more weeks after vaccination. Following a single dose of either vaccine, the participants’ risk of infection with SARS-CoV-2 was reduced by 80 percent two or more weeks after vaccination."

How do you get from that that I was saying stopped all spread?
One last time and I’m done.
Your claim was that the vaccine prevents spread.
Look up the definition of “prevent.”
Here, I’ll do it for you.
Your attempts at always trying to be correct are a waste of my time.
Good luck to you, and all the best.

PREVENT from MW:
Definition of prevent
transitive verb
1 : to keep from happening or existing
steps to prevent war
2 : to hold or keep back : HINDER, STOP —often used with from
3 : to deprive of power or hope of acting or succeeding

Old 04-05-2021, 12:19 AM

Quote:
One last time and I’m done.
Your claim was that the vaccine prevents spread.
Look up the definition of “prevent.”
Here, I’ll do it for you.
Your attempts at always trying to be correct are a waste of my time.
Good luck to you, and all the best.

PREVENT from MW:
Definition of prevent
transitive verb
1 : to keep from happening or existing
steps to prevent war
2 : to hold or keep back : HINDER, STOP —often used with from
3 : to deprive of power or hope of acting or succeeding
Which is exactly what the vaccines do: HINDER!!!!!!!

Old 04-05-2021, 12:19 AM

13,489 posts, read 9,994,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Did you watch the video in the op?
Yes.

I’m still pretty vague on actual details about how this is rolling out in the US. She’s filled us in on all the potential nefarious back end tech, disastrous outcomes and whatnot. (Well kinda. No real specifics.) So what’s actually happening?

Old 04-05-2021, 07:09 AM

19,709 posts, read 12,279,826 times
Quote:
The bolded and red keeps being ignored by some. Can't rep you again, glad to see many get it. The prior CDC quote cited ended with "until we know more". These words are included for a reason.

It's mind boggling that something like vaccine passports are being suggested at all, let alone this early on.

Even more concerning, I certainly hope for everyone's sake that there will be no long term side effects. But if the vaccination creators, producers and scientists can’t make this claim legally or otherwise, neither can anyone else at this stage. I don’t care what their credentials are.
People want to get back to "normal" right now, so they are willing to let some things go and hope for the best. This all plays on our desperation.

Old 04-05-2021, 07:30 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,971,088 times
Quote:

And right on cue, Bill Gates has come out saying we need another generation of vaccines to "really" protect against COVID.

So .. how many more years of this nonsense? How many more vaccines will be "necessary"?

When will people truly awaken to what is happening and how these people are manipulating the public through FEAR?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies