Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2021, 01:17 PM

30,904 posts, read 36,998,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Having a vaccine passport doesn't bother me, no. What bothers me is the state of this country and what people allowed us to go through these past four years. That bothers me.
The state of the country hasn't been improved by elections in decades.

But I'm sure you don't see or believe that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 01:18 PM

7,159 posts, read 4,752,406 times
OP thank you again for posting this extremely informative and crucial video. I did watch. She gives more examples of how this will be used than I knew of. I will send it to everyone I know.
Thanks again.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:19 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,082,703 times
Quote:
Sure it is. We all have one. Your point?
Other people do not see racism in every white person, think climate change is bunk, and live their lives as women without moaning about equality at every turn. Those issues are important to YOU but not everyone.

Meanwhile you make every effort to disparage people for whom the imminent erosion of civil liberties is enormously concerning. But you call those fears the “boogey man.”

You defend your issues saying they are not the “boogey man”, but fail to respect other people’s concerns.

Your concerns are not more valid than these.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:20 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,771,381 times
Quote:
I personally think it's prudent to get a vaccine to help stop the spread of a pandemic. But whatever.
A person can be pro vaccine and anti vaccine passports.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:21 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,771,381 times
Quote:
Having a vaccine passport doesn't bother me, no. What bothers me is the state of this country and what people allowed us to go through these past four years. That bothers me.
Hang on because it’s going to get a whole lot worse.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:22 PM

30,197 posts, read 11,845,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What if it's every week? Still OK with it?
Its impossible to vaccinate everyone every week.

Quote:
How much of your freedom are you willing to give up? Everything? For what?

Thinking freedom is 'minor' shows you truly do not understand what is at stake here.

It has nothing to do with a vaccine and everything to do with CONTROL.
They have been chipping away at our freedoms since just after 9/11. Look at all the flying restrictions, banking restrictions, etc. All the spying on Americans monitoring everything anyone says or emails or texts. And most people were fine with it because we were stopping terrorism. Or so they said. So sure the DemoCon, RepublicoCrat party will use the pandemic to control people more I believe that. And just like after 9/11 most people either don't care or think its a good idea.

So all of this is an exercise in futility. There will be a vaccine passport and it will probably never go away because these things never do. I guess I worry about it a little less because the government is already watching and controlling everyone everything. This is not a giant step just one more step.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:23 PM

19,679 posts, read 12,260,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A person can be pro vaccine and anti vaccine passports.
Excellent point. It isn't so black and white.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:32 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,833,669 times
Quote:
Which means you do not fight for freedom as you previously claimed.
Funny how some will scream and yell over getting a vaccine in a pandemic, yet won't fight against racism, inequality, women's rights, voting rights, etc. So I guess fighting for freedom means only fighting for the issue(s) you believe in.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:33 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,833,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Hang on because it’s going to get a whole lot worse.
Oh, I have no doubt of that. I'm expecting it, as a matter of fact.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:40 PM

19,679 posts, read 12,260,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Its impossible to vaccinate everyone every week.

They have been chipping away at our freedoms since just after 9/11. Look at all the flying restrictions, banking restrictions, etc. All the spying on Americans monitoring everything anyone says or emails or texts. And most people were fine with it because we were stopping terrorism. Or so they said. So sure the DemoCon, RepublicoCrat party will use the pandemic to control people more I believe that. And just like after 9/11 most people either don't care or think its a good idea.

So all of this is an exercise in futility. There will be a vaccine passport and it will probably never go away because these things never do. I guess I worry about it a little less because the government is already watching and controlling everyone everything. This is not a giant step just one more step.
I think it's a big step, and imminent, the time is now to implement it and they know it.

A lot of people were just so freaked out because of that horrific attack in NYC, they weren't even thinking clearly.

And then a lot of Americans didn't even know the ins and outs of the Patriot Act and how it could affect them. We naively thought they would just be targeting people who were obvious threats.

And then, I was helping an older relative with her banking and she had some cash stashed because that is what old people used to do. She needed to deposit this money and she got put on some list like they do with suspected terrorists and drug dealers. She was horrified. Same if you try to withdraw cash above a certain amount. They take you in a room and interrogate you about what you are doing with the money. Doesn't matter who you are, a little old lady, a lifetime customer of the bank, does not matter, you are suspect. Same with civil forfeiture, you can be a boomer going to buy a classic Mustang with cash and police can seize it because it's cash.

Why haven't we put an end to this?! It isn't a conspiracy theory, it is reality. I've heard American citizens defend it. Even just out of jealousy because they don't have money in the bank to withdraw. When people turn against each other like this for selfish, petty reasons we have little hope of defending against authoritarianism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies