Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 10:33 AM

19,643 posts, read 12,235,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
We already live in an authoritarian state. If you have a cell phone or computer you are already surveilled and people know everything there is to know about you.
Not everything.

We all don't live our lives on our devices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 10:34 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
We already live in an authoritarian state. If you have a cell phone or computer you are already surveilled and people know everything there is to know about you.
You can leave your phone at home if you don’t want to be tracked. Vaccine passports have the added function of not just knowing your views but punishing you for them in major ways that can essentially make you a second class citizen.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:37 AM

30,169 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
People can be banned from the grocery store or school or work just for not complying with the government’s wishes on any number of things if digital vaccine passports take hold and this will go well beyond just requiring the covid vaccine. For those who don’t get their yearly flu vaccine, say goodbye to that choice. People who leave their cell phones at home won’t have the option of not being tracked as this app will take care of that for you.

In theory perhaps. Why would grocery stores want to ban you? They are in the business of selling stuff. The more people shop the more they make. Sure some of this stuff could possibly be tacked on later on. At this point there are different tech companies with their version of these passports. The town I live in and have spent 90% of my time in since last March, mask wearing has not really caught on much. So this passport will never be a big thing here. So I am not worried personally at all. I have said for a while here and elsewhere. If you live in a draconian blue state and you don't like it you better move somewhere better.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:39 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
You can leave your phone at home if you don’t want to be tracked. Vaccine passports have the added function of not just knowing your views but punishing you for them in major ways that can essentially make you a second class citizen.
I normally don't have my phone on me anyway and if I take it, I usually leave it in my car.

In what major ways do you think you can be punished? I truly am curious. BTW, with social media big brother knows my views already, lol.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Not everything.

We all don't live our lives on our devices.
You're on one now, lol. But no, I don't live on my phone either. I rarely look at it. Still don't understand how having a vaccine passport will equate to knowing everything about you.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
In theory perhaps. Why would grocery stores want to ban you? They are in the business of selling stuff. The more people shop the more they make. Sure some of this stuff could possibly be tacked on later on. At this point there are different tech companies with their version of these passports. The town I live in and have spent 90% of my time in since last March, mask wearing has not really caught on much. So this passport will never be a big thing here. So I am not worried personally at all. I have said for a while here and elsewhere. If you live in a draconian blue state and you don't like it you better move somewhere better.
Because most people will willingly go along with this and so will you and I if we are required to in order to purchase food.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Because most people will willingly go along with this and so will you and I if we are required to in order to purchase food.
That's a stretch if you ask me. There's nothing like that even remotely in the system. I think this is just a way to scare people.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
That's a stretch if you ask me. There's nothing like that even remotely in the system. I think this is just a way to scare people.
Did you watch the video yet?

Old 04-02-2021, 10:44 AM

30,169 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:

There is some irony that all the surveillance being done post patriot act on all Americans is a nothing burger to the people here screaming about vaccine passports. One example is your license plates are scanned everywhere you go as well as when your car is in the driveway. If the government wanted to and probably already do they could have a very detailed profile of everything every american is doing all day long and where they go.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
There is some irony that all the surveillance being done post patriot act on all Americans is a nothing burger to the people here screaming about vaccine passports. One example is your license plates are scanned everywhere you go as well as when your car is in the driveway. If the government wanted to and probably already do they could have a very detailed profile of everything every american is doing all day long and where they go.
Exactly. That horse left the barn a long time ago. This is just another thing for some to promote fear-mongering over to justify that they don't want to be vaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies