Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you get the vaccine?
Yes, I already got it 239 62.40%
Yes, I will get it 19 4.96%
I probably will get it 13 3.39%
I am torn on whether to get it or not 10 2.61%
I likely will NOT get it 29 7.57%
I will NOT get it 73 19.06%
Voters: 383. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 06:53 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,463,111 times

Advertisements

Had 2 doses of Moderna. No side effects from first shot, except a sore arm for a day or two. Had more of a reaction to the second dose, and a sorer arm (I also felt the second shot more as it was administered), but the reaction was no worse than a hangover (that's what it felt like, a hangover). And now I walk around feeling much freer and calmer. Still wear the mask (you can't enter any establishment without it in New York), but by this time I just treat it as part of my outfit. It's no big deal, and I'll never understand why people treat it as such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2021, 06:59 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
I've had both doses of Pfizer. Both gave me a sore arm and the day after the second shot I was tired and achy for about 4 hours. My husband had the J&J shot about a month ago. The next day he was tired and a little queasy. We went for a hike which wasn't a great idea.

We're both happy to be vaccinated.

Old 04-13-2021, 07:07 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,340,554 times
I've had my first dose of Pfizer. The only side effects were arm soreness and a slight headache. Both started about five or six hours after getting the shot, and both were gone when I woke up the next morning.

Old 04-13-2021, 07:15 PM

37,108 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
We've also seen that masking and lockdowns have done absolutely nothing to stop the virus from spreading.
Certainly they have had an effect. It is simple infection control. Doing nothing would have inevitably resulted in more cases and more deaths. The effect would have been better if more people applied mitigation measures consistently and properly. Wearing a mask below your nose or not wearing one at all does nothing to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'm not worried about the possible sterility factors as I'm not female and looking to conceive. I'm more worried about it leaving you open to more severe immune responses in a MRNA caused cytokine storm and the possible reduced immune responses to things like cancer. Plus I had Covid and thus already have the antibodies.
I am somewhat perplexed about those getting the vaccine now coming down with Covid a second time.
Samuel Adams beer is running a promotion where they'll put a can of Sam Adams in your casket if you die after getting the vaccine. Nice. Krispy Kreme would give you a free donut for a year... but if you're dead do they just put it on your tombstone?
There are no "sterility factors" to worry about at all.

There is no evidence that mRNA vaccines will cause cytokine storm or "reduced immune responses to things like cancer".

Please cite a source for anyone "getting the vaccine now coming down with Covid a second time."

Old 04-13-2021, 07:19 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So does Michigan, but going in to get my vaccine shot at Walmart about half the people were either wearing no mask or the mask was below their chin or nose.

So surprised Michigan is a hotspot.

P.S. the Walmart was in a purple area for political finger pointing.

I received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine at WCCC downriver campus.

Lots of military and police on hand, so no problems with the mask mandate.

The younger members of my household are in the process of being vaccinated now.

It's starting to feel like life before Covid.

Old 04-13-2021, 07:28 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,219,394 times
I got Moderna #1 on Sunday. Slightly sore arm, but really only when you press om the injection site. It's a bump about the size of a quarter. Bump is still there about 2 and a half days latr but the soreness is almost gone. I get the second dose on May 9.

My husband got both his Moderna shots already - got the second one about a month ago (he was in an earlier eligibility group than me). He had the classic mild flu-like symptoms beginning that night and through the next day and then was fine.

My husband's ex-wfe had one of the rarer side effects with her first doese (don't know if she got Phizer or Moderna but since she's due for a second dose I know it wasn't J&J). She developed tinnitus. She said it's improving so hopefully it will resolve itself.

I'm looking forward to getting back to the gym.

Old 04-13-2021, 07:48 PM

447 posts, read 322,072 times
Yes I got the first dose today. My left arm is now really heavy and other than that everything is good.

Old 04-13-2021, 07:50 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,572 times
Got the Johnson and Johnson and had minimal reaction. Totally worth it to contribute to herd immunity (even though I'm at very low risk of Covid complications, I can finally visit my parents and other relatives who are at higher risk).

Old 04-13-2021, 07:53 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine at WCCC downriver campus.

Lots of military and police on hand, so no problems with the mask mandate.

The younger members of my household are in the process of being vaccinated now.

It's starting to feel like life before Covid.
Good for you.

Yeah, this particular Walmart clearly had no intention of enforcing masks on their shoppers.

Old 04-13-2021, 08:02 PM

8,634 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Sore arm starting to kick in now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies