Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 06:57 PM

481 posts, read 806,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
Want to go back and read your own post? Besides, in civil engineering terms, the same forces and metal fatigue will generally be exhibited no matter what... You may choose what you want to believe. But in this universe with these laws of physics and thermodynamics that at least I'm living in , the heat from the plane weakening and collapsing the building is more than plausible.
Over 700 experienced engineers and architects disagree with you.

What do you do for a living that makes you such an expert?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 06:58 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
Want to go back and read your own post? Besides, in civil engineering terms, the same forces and metal fatigue will generally be exhibited no matter what... You may choose what you want to believe. But in this universe with these laws of physics and thermodynamics that at least I'm living in , the heat from the plane weakening and collapsing the building is more than plausible.
What universe are you living in where a plane crashing into a building fortified with immense steel core structures and built specifically to withstand multiple plane strikes, can lose it's physical properties and melting point of > 1500 C, and melt at < 800 C, which is max it could have attained dues to carbon based fires? Not this universe.

9-11 Research: The Fires

Old 09-04-2009, 11:12 AM

8 posts, read 9,665 times
OK so a week away from another anniversary.

are there still payed trolls out there?

Old 09-04-2009, 11:48 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,297 times
Trying to convince 9/11 Truthers of the fallacy of their argument is an exercise in futility. Anyone who truly believes the Truther conspiracy theories does not have the ability of logical deduction.

The sheer number of people that would neccesarily be involved in a cover up of this size and scope would eliminate the possibility of keeping the proverbial cat in the bag. Not to mention the complictness of all major mainstream news outlets including CNN, CBS News, ABC News, Fox News, the Wall Street Journal, Time, the Washington Post, National Geographic, and Popular Mechanics.

When a tall dark furry figure is spotted strutting down a hiking trail in the Pacific Northwest, the conspiritoral mind says, "it must be some yet undiscovered man beast creature" or "it must be a mutant created from a CIA and Haliburton experiment gone wrong."

The logical mind deduces, "Good lord, those damn fraternity kids really have nothing better to spend there money on than ape suits."

Old 09-04-2009, 12:15 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
The sheer number of people that would neccesarily be involved in a cover up of this size and scope would eliminate the possibility of keeping the proverbial cat in the bag. Not to mention the complictness of all major mainstream news outlets including CNN, CBS News, ABC News, Fox News, the Wall Street Journal, Time, the Washington Post, National Geographic, and Popular Mechanics.
I agree that that the size and scope of a 9/11 cover up that would hide other causes stretches credibility. But so does the buildings coming down as they did just from the plane crashes.

Without having first hand evidence - and by that I mean evidence that I myself saw, heard, touched , smelled or tasted - I know better than to close my mind. Fact is most of us "know" very little of what goes on in the vast majority of the world since we don't live in it.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:22 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
But so does the buildings coming down as they did just from the plane crashes.

God God...spray-on fire proofing knocked off of support beams leaves steel exposed to extremely high temps due to high fire load (combustibles) burning..completely credible..look at the engineering studies that were done. Construction of the bldg put the supports on the outside wall not the bldgs core as in most construction. Breaching these supports weakened the structure. This has been proven over and over. Due to the close prox to 9/11 at least have enough respect for those who died and their families to let this thread stay dormant until after 9/11.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:45 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Due to the close prox to 9/11 at least have enough respect for those who died and their families to let this thread stay dormant until after 9/11.
The logic of that sentence escapes me completely.

If there were more to the story (and I am not saying that is likely - just possible), it certainly wouldn't respect the dead to let it stay buried.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:24 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,297 times
Quote:
I agree that that the size and scope of a 9/11 cover up that would hide other causes stretches credibility. But so does the buildings coming down as they did just from the plane crashes.
It is entirely plausible that the buildings came down because of the plane crashes. Many engineers have said so, and Popular Mechanics and National Geographic have covered this in detail.

It IS NOT plausible to cover up an event with the scope of 9/11.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:17 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
Three heavily reinforced steel frame buildings collapsed at free fall speed on 9-11. One of which was not even touched by an airplane, the other 2 had relatively minor damage and fires burning, and were built to withstand multiple air crashes. No steel framed skyscraper has ever collapsed due to fire before in history.

There were molten pools of steel found at the bottom of all 3 buildings that burned for months. Fires produced by the jet fuel did not come close to that required to produce those pools.

The buildings were relatively bare of flammable materials, and were designed to isolate fires.

Who planted the explosives? Well, a security company with ties to Marvin Bush presided over the building for months before 9-11. Occupants reported banks of elevators being made unavailable for use for days at a time, and loud rumbling noises were heard on supposedly vacant floors.

My tin foil hat is coming loose. I can't hear you anymore. Come in gorgeet! Come in!

Old 09-04-2009, 04:20 PM

200 posts, read 131,412 times
Nope never believed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies