Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 11:22 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
So many lies in one post:

Windfall

And it will cost him $6.3 billion to rebuild the complex in total. He only reveived $4.6 billion (through insurance)...he's still short $1.7 billion

Also he is losing money in rent each year, the tune of $120 million PER year.

Its been 10 years? so that is 1.2 Billion in lost rental earnings. And each year is another 100 million in rent that he is losing (you really think that the NJPA is just going to ignore that rent?)

Not including all of his legal fees that he spent to get the insurance companies to pay out to help rebuild.

In order for any "windfall" on Silverstein's part, he would need to have had those buildings built 5 years ago, and had them at 100% capacity every year, and making $200 million a year on rent, just to squeeze by

Truthers, dumb about insurance and real estate, as they are about physics.
No .... no....no....no ...... in case you can't fashion a single coherent thought .... Silverstein put out 100 Million ... got back close to 5 Billion and still counting and still suing.

He's not losing squat!! He made a fortune ... and at 120 Million a year in rent ... it would take 41 years just to use up the money awarded in RAW figures .... of course, over 41 years, even an idiot should be able to double the 5 Billion, meaning Larry will be long dead and gone before he could ever lose a penny on that deal.

And don't give me this crap about how much it is going to cost to rebuild the Towers .... the first 4.5 Billion was a gift, no matter what they decide to build. So if it costs Larry 1.7 Billion more ... this is a hardship? He'll be getting a 6.3 Billion complex for 1.7 Billion ... roughly a 70% savings ... since he only put out 100 Million to begin with.

And PS ..... I'm not buying your BS .... if you lost loved ones on 911 ... that would be the only issue concerning you ... not how much money Larry Silverstein is losing.

So whatever you are getting paid to write this stuff ... it's way too much, cuz you haven't earned a penny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 11:27 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,040,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The WTC was at 95% occupancy, considered virtually full.

There was an asbestos-removal contractor who had offices on site. Since there was constantly tenant alteration work going on, they would do the ACM removals on a work-order basis when necessary. They were there for years.

Same with those pesky suspicious shut-downs. There was always work going on, so there were always shut-downs. Water, electric, cable, whatever. Why anyone would think otherwise is odd. I guess there aren't many people involved in the management of major facilities in the truther world.

And the people who convince themselves that Silverstein somehow made money off the loss of the WTC apparently have not picked up any reading material regarding the NYC real estate business in the past ten years. Then again, their response would be that the 11 insurance firms, Crain's and NY Times Real Estate, the lawyers involved in the Master Agreement for the WTC and the subsequent arbitration regarding the new Two and Three, and hell, EVERYONE in the NY City commercial real estate industry is "in on it".
It was NEVER at 95% occupancy- never in the entire life of the buildings. Some investigators have done a FOIA request and have received the list of every tenant since the WTC opened and what floor they were on and how long the lease was.

Quote:
........lets press the elevator and go back down to the lobby and stroll on over to the South Tower and take a ride up to the top this time, stopping at floors 104, where we were told AON Corp and Sandler Oneill & Partners had offices. Please scroll down to line 906 and 907 on the Occupancy FOIA.

Whats missing from this FOIA occupancy sheet? If your looking at lines 906 and 907, you should be seeing the name Sandler Oneil & Partners. Yet they are not listed. We requested in this FOIA all occupants of the world trade center, from the time they went up to the time they became private, 6 weeks prior to 9/11. Sandler Oneil & Partners are strangely absent from the list of occupants that had leases. They never had a lease. Go ahead and scour those sheets, feel free, you will not find them. The problem this raises immediately is how did 66 of their 171 employee's perish in a building that they never held a lease at during the entire life of the building?

Larry discovered this. And this is the most singular significant discovery in this FOIA. A Corporation alleged to have lost 66 of its 171 employee's that never had a lease with the NYPANJ........
You can read the whole article and see the list released via FOIA @

World Trade Center Occupancy FOIA * 1972-2001 by; Dave Cole, Larry McWilliams & Phil Jayhan - Our Need to Awaken... (http://thegentleawakening.ning.com/profiles/blogs/world-trade-center-occupancy - broken link)

Old 05-19-2011, 11:29 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
Silverstien isn't SUING anymore. HE can't. He sued, got his money and that's the end of his litigations. All of his legal battles ended in April of 2007 when he paid a total of $4.7 Billion. all of which has gone to rebuilding.

It will cost over $7 billion to rebuild (and the longer it takes the more expensive it gets)

ON TOP of losing a base of $102 million per year, without any of the missing buildings earning rent.

He has lost over 1.2 Billion in rent already.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
calling thousands of people liars, despite them seeing the planes with their own eyes is the sign of a coward.

Care to tell us where those 600 passengers aboard those 4 planes are today?

Care to tell Bernard Brown that his 11 year old son, who he thought died that day, is just missing?
Why are you wasting your time on the tack? Obviously, asking me where the 600 passengers are is a bit silly, since I'm saying there were no planes. No planes ... no passengers. Get it? Did you just totally miss the part about no planes?

I know .... you have one card to play ... the psychological manipulation card. It's tired, and old, and won't work on me. Try something else ... be creative.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Silverstien isn't SUING anymore. HE can't. He sued, got his money and that's the end of his litigations. All of his legal battles ended in April of 2007 when he paid a total of $4.7 Billion.
Wrong .... or should I say caught AGAIN in another fib.

NY Times ... March 2008

Developer Sues to Win $12.3 Billion in 9/11 Attack - New York Times

Old 05-19-2011, 11:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Frankly i am dang tired of all the conspiracy theorys that are out there. You know every day there could be another one, people seem to come up with these things each and every day.

You know we could doubt everything that we are being told, how do we know we are being told the truth, cause someone tells us. Some people are so dang gullable anyways. I need proof, there are so many conspiracy theories out there.

You know what some say, if it sounds to good to be true, don't count on it.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Wrong .... or should I say caught AGAIN in another fib.

NY Times ... March 2008

Developer Sues to Win $12.3 Billion in 9/11 Attack - New York Times

My mistake, I haven't been following Silverstein since 2007 when the initial lawsuit was settled.

However can you tell us the outcome of this case? where is it now? I can't find it on any court documents through PACER for New York.

I see that he is suing the airlines, and security agencies for allowing 9/11 to happen (I don't see an issue with this - if security wasn't so bad at the airports, maybe the highjackings wouldn't have happened) but he definitely will not be getting the amount he's asking for (his suite was combined with the other victims / families who lost their loved ones on 9/11) . IT is the fault of many authorities/agencies that 9/11 did happen.

He can sue..doesn't mean he's going to win. He didn't get his $7 billion in 2007.

ETA: Ah, it looks like he wants to use part of that settlement to repay the insurance companies. So, $12.3 billon - $4.6 he got.... his end about?a little over $8 billion. AGain not a windfall for him. In 2005 it would have cost $7 Billion to rebuild (more today) and he lost $1.2 billion in rent since 2001. I dont see him making out like a bandit through this lawsuit.

Love how conspiracy theorists can never add 2 and 2 .. only sees the "$12.3 Billion" figure and assume that its all for him. Forget that 5 buildings are still missing and need to be built.

Last edited by Arus; 05-20-2011 at 01:07 AM..

Old 05-20-2011, 02:34 AM

Quote:
My mistake, I haven't been following Silverstein since 2007 when the initial lawsuit was settled.

However can you tell us the outcome of this case? where is it now? I can't find it on any court documents through PACER for New York.

I see that he is suing the airlines, and security agencies for allowing 9/11 to happen (I don't see an issue with this - if security wasn't so bad at the airports, maybe the highjackings wouldn't have happened) but he definitely will not be getting the amount he's asking for (his suite was combined with the other victims / families who lost their loved ones on 9/11) . IT is the fault of many authorities/agencies that 9/11 did happen.

He can sue..doesn't mean he's going to win. He didn't get his $7 billion in 2007.

ETA: Ah, it looks like he wants to use part of that settlement to repay the insurance companies. So, $12.3 billon - $4.6 he got.... his end about?a little over $8 billion. AGain not a windfall for him. In 2005 it would have cost $7 Billion to rebuild (more today) and he lost $1.2 billion in rent since 2001. I dont see him making out like a bandit through this lawsuit.

Love how conspiracy theorists can never add 2 and 2 .. only sees the "$12.3 Billion" figure and assume that its all for him. Forget that 5 buildings are still missing and need to be built.
What nonsense ..... basic math has nothing to do with conspiracy theories .... a 4.6 Billion insurance payment from a 100 Million investment in less than 90 days is a 46 to 1 net gain .... even if you believe the "Official Conspiracy Theory". Even deducting 1.2 Billion in rent you claim as a "loss" ... he's still 3.4 Billion ahead, which is not exactly pocket change. And he will surely parlay into a significant annual gain far exceeding his annual lease payments.

It's absurd to suggest he's suffering a loss ... nothing could be further from the truth ... its elementary math.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:52 AM

Quote:
What nonsense ..... basic math has nothing to do with conspiracy theories .... a 4.6 Billion insurance payment from a 100 Million investment in less than 90 days is a 46 to 1 net gain
Yes it does. If you want to say that Silverstein is "making out" and he had his buildings destroyed to get money, then you have to support your claims.

Unfortunately for you, the numbers do not add up; not even close to adding up

He got $4.6 of the $7 Billion he was expecting.
He is losing $102 - $120 million per year in RENTAL earnings because there are NO buildings there. so over 10 years.$1.2 Billion has been lost
He received $800 million for WTC 7 - Mortgage was $1.2 billion. cost him $700 million to rebuild. $400 million in the hole for that building (not including rental loss)

He's now suing the airlines, airport security agencies and the NJPA for $12.3 == of which he wants to use to pay back the insurance companies (so he'll end up with $7.6 billion left). He still has 5 buildings to build (Freedom Tower is being handled by the NJPA), that will cost him the left over to do so (and more out of his pocket) and that will take years to complete..ALL the while, he is still losing rental earnings for buildings that do not exist (at a tune of 102 million per year) until those buildings can be completed. And it may take years, to get tenants there to pay for rental...so he's still out of money for at last the first couple of years.

Math proves your claim to be wrong.

He isn't out for the money
HE certainly did not have his buildings destroyed to try and get insurance claims out of it.
He still owes money on all of the buildings.

Some windfall there

Old 05-20-2011, 04:06 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times
Quote:
Why are you wasting your time on the tack? Obviously, asking me where the 600 passengers are is a bit silly, since I'm saying there were no planes. No planes ... no passengers. Get it? Did you just totally miss the part about no planes?

I know .... you have one card to play ... the psychological manipulation card. It's tired, and old, and won't work on me. Try something else ... be creative.
I guess what I saw and around 150 of my coworkers were figments of our imagination???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies