Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 12:05 PM

4,542 posts, read 2,265,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I'm not a conservative. I haven't said every last woman voted for this. I am saying when you vote for today's type of Democrat, you are voting for policies like this. It isn't a surprise to many of us when this stuff happens after voting in people who make these types of policy. Unfortunately it seems to surprise the people who voted Democrat. They seem to be surprised each and every time it happens.

Exactly! If you vote democrat, then you vote for these insane policies indirectly, so therefore, you get what you vote for. And if you don't realize what you are voting for, shame on you.

Old 12-07-2021, 12:07 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,159,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Then what? I mean, we exist, and we...or at least I...am not going back into my closet. I mean you can't prevent us from existing. Well I guess you could try, if that's an idea for a solution. Some people have, for various reasons. Ceased the existence of trans people I mean. That seems pretty drastic though.
Compete against other Trans.

It's really not that hard to figure out.

TRANS Sports ONLY.

Old 12-07-2021, 12:08 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Then what? I mean, we exist, and we...or at least I...am not going back into my closet. I mean you can't prevent us from existing. Well I guess you could try, if that's an idea for a solution. Some people have, for various reasons. Ceased the existence of trans people I mean. That seems pretty drastic though.
Play in your own league or “play up” in the men’s leagues. Playing up is honorable. Playing down as the trans people are doing is cowardly.

Old 12-07-2021, 12:21 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Biological men destroying biological women in all women's sports is such a great thing for the women's empowerment movement.

You get what you vote for and deserve every bit of it. You made the choice. Enjoy!
Not going to get into the debate over trans athletes, but rather lay out a simple fact.

Trans athletes have been competing in college sports since 2011 when collegiate policy concerning trans athletes was first implemented. Nothing to do with politicians or whom ordinary people vote for. In fact I never heard a political figure here in the US ever mention the subject until a few years ago around the time the Equality Act was first drafted.

Trans athlete policy should left up to the sports associations, and their governing bodies an not a bunch of politicians. If trans female athletes start dominating widely (which has not been the case) the sports people will work it out.

Old 12-07-2021, 01:03 PM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Yep. We said this would happen - and it is - with increasing frequency.

I am very much a live-and-let-live woman but I’m also a lifelong athlete, and this is my line in the sand.

This BS needs to stop.
I agree. I have an open mind regarding trans. I cant claim to understand their feeling about their gender but I give legitimacy to their feelings and support them in their transition. And the but. But we cant have everything we want in life. Once we understood that in order to reach our goals and achieve the thing we most want that we will also have to sacrifice other things. Choose. Competitive sports or the gender of your choice.

Old 12-07-2021, 01:11 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
This was predicted by us conservatives but the Left argued.
Just like the Liberals peaceful Riots of last year, or Michael "the peaceful Thug" Brown, supposed Liberals F-up everything they touch. Can you expect any less from a party where their Longest running Senator is a KKK member and their best President is a secret friend of Louis Farrakhan

Old 12-07-2021, 01:17 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
I take no exception to the lives, lifestyles, and pursuit of happiness of transsexual people. I thought you knew that. Perhaps not. My quarrel isn’t with anyone’s existence.

My quarrel is with trans women competing in sports on women’s teams. It’s a patently unfair advantage that has, and will continue to taint the longtime hard-driven efforts of biological women to have our own opportunity to compete in sports. Trans women don’t belong in that space. We worked too hard for it. End of opinion.

Old 12-07-2021, 01:18 PM

4,513 posts, read 4,040,229 times
UPenn (an Ivy League) is forever disgraced

Old 12-07-2021, 01:20 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Play in your own league or “play up” in the men’s leagues. Playing up is honorable. Playing down as the trans people are doing is cowardly.

What league? I don't want to play sports. I just want to be left the hell alone to live my life in peace.

Old 12-07-2021, 01:22 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
What league? I don't want to play sports. I just want to be left the hell alone to live my life in peace.
Who here has indicated that you are not entitled to that?

We are discussing athletics. Not everyday life. Your defense is irrelevant if you aren’t an athlete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies