Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:12 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,430,669 times

Advertisements

ksl.com - Pit bulls apparently kill 7-year-old on Texas road
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 12:31 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Oh my! That title had my heart pounding! One of my grandsons in Texas is 7 years old! Whew! How terrible! I know it's not really the dogs' fault but that breed just has too much aggression in it. They have been bred for that specific trait.

The family of the victim is being looked into by CPS? That's right, blame the victim time. What 7 year old can not be 150 yards away from his/her house? Especially down in Texas?? That is crap. I am so glad my child bearing and rearing days are over! I'd land in jail. TG my parents did not have government to deal with raising me and I think Mom and Dad did a pretty decent job.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:34 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
I owned 3 pittbulls for over 13 years, my one female was probably the smartest most affectionate loyal dog I have ever had, " I have had Dogs all my life", the problem has become out of control bad breeding and irresponsible owners. If I saw a pittbull running loose anywhere near my home or family I would not hesitate to put a bullet in it!

Old 05-19-2008, 12:40 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Here goes the debate again....only idiots own pit bulls...period. Ther are about 700-800 recognized dog breeds and thousands of mixed breeds waiting for adoption to choose from....yet DOPES and CRIMINALS keep pit bulls.

I shall puke the next time I read or hear somone defending these killing machines....how many more children will be MURDERED by people who haven't the brains to get a different breed.

I shall puke if I hear one more MORON saying ""Oh, my pit bulls are gentle and have never hurt anyone""".....YET!!!!!

Y E S I know other breeds CAN bite and CAN be trained to be vicious...but for the sake of future victims let's use a little common sense and get rid of this plague!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2008, 12:50 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I shall puke if I hear one more MORON saying ""Oh, my pit bulls are gentle and have never hurt anyone""".....YET!!!!!

!
That was always my concern , I knew what they were talking about, but In the back of my mind, I knew that if some one else's dog could "snap" so could mine! Fortunately mine never did and they lived out their years to 12&13 and I had to put them down right when our first child was born, as much as I love the breed , I would never have another one!

Old 05-19-2008, 12:52 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,373,554 times
I don't care what breed the dog is - if it makes an unprovoked attack on my child, it's dead.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:18 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
That was always my concern , I knew what they were talking about, but In the back of my mind, I knew that if some one else's dog could "snap" so could mine! Fortunately mine never did and they lived out their years to 12&13 and I had to put them down right when our first child was born, as much as I love the breed , I would never have another one!
Why did you put your dogs down?

Old 05-19-2008, 01:49 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
I have adopted a "shoot on sight" policy for certain types of dogs spotted on my property. Pit bulls are one such breed. I have nothing against individual dogs of the breed, many of which are well-mannered and docile. But I just don't trust the breed as a whole. Not as it has developed over time. It's better to err on the side of caution in such cases, since the downside is so horrific.

I know of cases where people actually fed pesticides like paraquat to their neighbor's pitbulls as a form of pre-emptive action. Can't say I blame them.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:55 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Dogs learn to be aggressive from their owners. I.E. Michael Vick.

Nothing wrong with a pit bull other than the fact that they are fierce fighters.

I've seen many loveable pit bull dogs.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:58 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Dogs learn to be aggressive from their owners. I.E. Michael Vick.

Nothing wrong with a pit bull other than the fact that they are fierce fighters.

I've seen many loveable pit bull dogs.
True that, I used to work at a vet & it was actually the larger breeds, Rotts, Pitbulls, Doberman's etc. that were the sweetest. I have yet to come across a dangerous pitbull & I work a lot in the inner city where they are common. It totally depends on the owner & how they treat their dog. I would never adopt a "shoot on sight" policy for these dogs, what an assinine thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies