Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 12:40 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,515,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well considering the nonsense flimsy evidence that the Dems used to impeach Trump twice it could have only been a RINO that signed up for that dog and pony show. I say good riddance.

The Dems have an amazing ability to band together and stay together no matter how ridiculous the cause is. It is a shame that the Reps don't have this ability because they could be impeaching Biden for his lack of response to the Border Crisis but then again Biden has the ultimate insurance policy in Kamala...

The Reps had their chance to stand with Trump and work for MAGA but they choose to sit in favor of what we have today.

Trump did expose the swamp of DC.
Being caught red handed trying to shake down a foreign leader to rig his own election was very much impeachable.The people who testified have been working in National Security for a long time, one of them being appointed by Reagan. If it was Obama he would still be in Leavenworth. Flimsy evidence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 12:47 PM

23,725 posts, read 17,391,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
did you actually check their voting record to see if it ran contradictory to the GOP agenda or is opposing trump simply enough to get one labelled a RINO?
Opposing some trump policies fine, voting for impeachment reveals these repubs to be swamp dwellers and not welcome inthe repub party, which is the party of Trump.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:05 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,515,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Opposing some trump policies fine, voting for impeachment reveals these repubs to be swamp dwellers and not welcome inthe repub party, which is the party of Trump.
It`s acceptable to shake down a foreign leader to rig your own election? Wrong country for that sort of thing.
Voting for impeachment is patriotism and not voting to impeach is cowardly and treasonous. If Trump/Putin had won the election Russia would have been in Ukraine several months ago. Sorry Vlad.

Old 01-15-2022, 02:22 PM

13,867 posts, read 4,458,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It`s acceptable to shake down a foreign leader to rig your own election? Wrong country for that sort of thing.
Voting for impeachment is patriotism and not voting to impeach is cowardly and treasonous. If Trump/Putin had won the election Russia would have been in Ukraine several months ago. Sorry Vlad.

nah, it's more acceptable bombing foreign countries to the stone ages killing over 1 million people to take their resources and make a few very rich. It's more acceptable being the grandfather of mass black incarceration to make massive private prisons for profits and fool blacks that you are their friend but a phone call that ended to be nothing it's a international crisis.

The people that supported W Bush/Cheney/Obama/ Biden illegals wars, illegal tortures, illegal massive spying and illegal droning are lecturing the public about what is patriotism and was is cowardly and treasonous. You Trump haters take comedy too far.

I don't know if you have a short memory (or selective) or arrived to this country recently but it was Obama that let Putin crossed the line in invading other countries (remember the line in the sand speech)and he refused to give Ukraine lethal weapons to defend themselves (Trump did) while letting his VP Biden rape them in corruption and he laughed about in public.

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 01-15-2022, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Being caught red handed trying to shake down a foreign leader to rig his own election was very much impeachable.The people who testified have been working in National Security for a long time, one of them being appointed by Reagan. If it was Obama he would still be in Leavenworth. Flimsy evidence?
You mean Reagan and the National Security that were caught selling arms to terrorists to fund an illegal war in Central American that killed over 1 million people? that is way lesser crime than a phone call that ended to be nothing?

Obama waged an illegal drone strike that killed civilians and U.S. Citizens, he put his I.R.S. against his political opponents and presided over the biggest illegal spying in our history and lied over and over but Trump is the criminal over a phone call that nothing came out of it?

Stop it! you take comedy too far.

Old 01-15-2022, 02:33 PM

2,440 posts, read 1,569,539 times
Actions have consequences. Often, but not always, so do inactions.

Old 01-15-2022, 03:41 PM

26,314 posts, read 13,222,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
did you actually check their voting record to see if it ran contradictory to the GOP agenda or is opposing trump simply enough to get one labelled a RINO?
What I did, or didn't do, matters not. It's their constituancies that mattter.

So, do you think their voters know their voting records? I'm guessing not.

Do you think their voters know they voted to impeach President Trump? I'm guessing they do.

Old 01-15-2022, 03:45 PM

26,314 posts, read 13,222,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Uhm…… you might want to re-check your “facts”. Status after 2022 election:
  • Richard Burr of North Carolina (retiring)
  • Bill Cassidy of Louisiana - still a sitting senator
  • Susan Collins of Maine - still a sitting senator
  • Lisa Murkowski of Alaska - only one running for re-election in 2022
  • Mitt Romney of Utah - still a sitting senator
  • Ben Sasse of Nebraska - still a sitting senator
  • Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania (retiring)
Five of those senators want to remain senators and only one is running in the mid-terms. Much as some would like, I wouldn’t count Murkowski out. This is a person who won her first election by write-in votes.

I pray daily most of the representatives survive, although I know Kitzinger and probably Cheney are toast. I really like Trump’s policies, but I will be volunteering and donating hard to whoever I think has a chance to defeat him in the primary.
Correcton, not running for re-election, and gone as of Nov 8th 2022. I stand corrected..err..The Hill does which was my source. Bottom line is we are done with them soon, but not soon enough.

I'd have asked the fact-checkers, but they all turned out to be propaganda too.

Oh, & I agree with you in the Republican Primary vote, I'll be voting for anyone but Trump. He spent Trillions just like the rest of the corrupt swamp, so he is now part of the swamp to me.

Old 01-15-2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Oh, & I agree with you in the Republican Primary vote, I'll be voting for anyone but Trump. He spent Trillions just like the rest of the corrupt swamp, so he is now part of the swamp to me.

You don't make any sense. If somebody is going to beat Trump in the party it would be an establishment Republican from the swamp. There is NO outsiders here. Let me guess, you will vote for Liz Cheney to bring back the Bush/Cheney doctrine and save trillions of dollars in endless wars?

Old 01-16-2022, 06:20 AM

20,136 posts, read 16,266,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
You don't make any sense. If somebody is going to beat Trump in the party it would be an establishment Republican from the swamp. There is NO outsiders here. Let me guess, you will vote for Liz Cheney to bring back the Bush/Cheney doctrine and save trillions of dollars in endless wars?
I totally agree Cheney deserves to be defeated, not for voting to impeach Trump but for supporting Pelosi’s removal of party selected members of the Jan 6 commission and giving Pelosi her very false bipartisan talking point. I would have a tough time voting in the primaries if I lived in Wyoming, I have serious qualms with both of the front runners.

Got bad news for you, my friend. Trump is just the chief ogre of a different swamp. I get that gives him a different stench, one you might decide you prefer, but he’s still just as much of a swamp creature as anyone else that might run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies