Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 08:09 PM

13,867 posts, read 4,458,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Gee, it's almost like one was elected the same year as the presidential election, and the other in the midterm, which regularly has fewer people voting period?

There are other Republican contenders like Becky Edwards, so it's not just McMullin or Random Democrat candidate or whatever.

Lee should uphold his promise.

This is from the Mormon Newspaper in Utah:

Utah Democrats like Mitt Romney and Utah Republicans Mike Lee. Romney also has a disapproval rating equal to his approval number, 46%. That says it all. This is a Red state. That's not good for Romney and this is Utah. Romney is disliked in the South and Midwest worse if he ever thinks running for the nomination. That's why Mitt is done in the party outside of Utah.

https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/28/2...kley-institute

Becky Edwards is a Mormon homemaker. Nothing wrong being a homemaker but she will need a lot more in her resume to unseat Mike Lee in the party. She is a Mitt like Republican going against one of the most conservative Senator in the Senate. She attacks Lee but praises Romney. She is anti-Trump. She voted for Biden in 2o2o. She can't attack Lee from the right so she has to go left of the party and that isn't going to work. Sorry. She has NO chance in the primary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 01:01 AM

5,318 posts, read 2,130,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
This is from the Mormon Newspaper in Utah:

Utah Democrats like Mitt Romney and Utah Republicans Mike Lee. Romney also has a disapproval rating equal to his approval number, 46%. That says it all. This is a Red state. That's not good for Romney and this is Utah. Romney is disliked in the South and Midwest worse if he ever thinks running for the nomination. That's why Mitt is done in the party outside of Utah.

https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/28/2...kley-institute

Becky Edwards is a Mormon homemaker. Nothing wrong being a homemaker but she will need a lot more in her resume to unseat Mike Lee in the party. She is a Mitt like Republican going against one of the most conservative Senator in the Senate. She attacks Lee but praises Romney. She is anti-Trump. She voted for Biden in 2o2o. She can't attack Lee from the right so she has to go left of the party and that isn't going to work. Sorry. She has NO chance in the primary.
Look at the dates. Your article is from October last year. Mine is this month, so how people currently feel.

Well, she was also a State Rep for years, so not just a "Mormon homemaker".

Gah, I wish both parties would just die already or we have more viable 3rd party options develop. In the meantime, there are very few Republicans I would even consider voting for these days and I left the party, but that doesn't mean I'm a Democrat or anything. For now, anti-Trump is a plus at least.

Last edited by latimeria; 02-07-2022 at 02:08 AM..

Old 02-07-2022, 02:08 AM

33,488 posts, read 12,755,718 times
Deleted.

Forgot that I'd already posted this.

Old 02-07-2022, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Look at the dates. Your article is from October last year. Mine is this month, so how people currently feel.

Well, she was also a State Rep for years, so not just a "Mormon homemaker".

Gah, I wish both parties would just die already or we have more viable 3rd party options develop. In the meantime, there are very few Republicans I would even consider voting for these days and I left the party, but that doesn't mean I'm a Democrat or anything. For now, anti-Trump is a plus at least.
That's fine, my point was that local polls change by the week and your poll will be yesterday's news next week and We have 9 months for the election.

The reason she won't win is because she is Anti-Trump first, She voted for Biden and she wants to replace a conservative Senator with a moderate Republican anti-Trump and go to Washington to get along with the democrats. She goes after Trump instead of Biden when Biden is in power. Utah isn't going for that during a red wave year. Mike Lee's seat is safe.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:38 AM

28,152 posts, read 30,155,508 times
Quote:
Who is "our" in this case? I'm in Utah and the reverse is true for me. Seems like I'm not alone, either. Lee needs to go. It was especially cringy when he compared Trump to Captain Moroni. Plus it's been eyeroll-worthy that Romney voted more in line with Trump than Lee, but gets called a RINO and more.

Might actually re-register as Republican (currently indy) to help primary him. He is breaking his promise of only serving 2 terms, which is especially hypocritical for someone who has been pushing for term limits.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/2/...nistitute-utah

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/2/...n-edwards-isom
I'm in Utah and I'm with you 100%. As a matter of fact, I'm a Democrat who is planning on voting for Evan McMullin (who is running as an Independent) in an effort to unseat Lee. I know a lot of other Democrats who are on board with me, too. A lot of Utahns hate Lee. He is a pathetic egomaniac.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:44 AM

28,152 posts, read 30,155,508 times
Quote:
Gee, it's almost like one was elected the same year as the presidential election, and the other in the midterm, which regularly has fewer people voting period?

There are other Republican contenders like Becky Edwards, so it's not just McMullin or Random Democrat candidate or whatever.

Lee should uphold his promise.
I don't think any other Republican stands a chance against Lee, but I think McMullin has a really decent chance of winning in Utah. Look how well he did as a complete unknown when running against Trump. I'm a Democrat who is temporarily registered as a Republican for the sole reason of being able to vote in the Republican primary. I am going to vote for any other Republican just to lessen Lee's chances of winning the primary. Then I'm 100% for McMullin, even over a Democrat when it comes to the actual election. There are enough Democrats who feel like I do that we could really make a difference.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't think any other Republican stands a chance against Lee, but I think McMullin has a really decent chance of winning in Utah. Look how well he did as a complete unknown when running against Trump. I'm a Democrat who is temporarily registered as a Republican for the sole reason of being able to vote in the Republican primary. I am going to vote for any other Republican just to lessen Lee's chances of winning the primary. Then I'm 100% for McMullin, even over a Democrat when it comes to the actual election. There are enough Democrats who feel like I do that we could really make a difference.

Why would a "Democrat" vote for a Mitt Romney tool and former Goldman Sach's investor in McMuffin? McMuffin is a neo con ex CIA agent. He is a professional liar. In 2016 many Utahns were fooled by this guy, that he was "independent" and a true conservative, a Mormon backed by Mitt Romney so he would divide the Republican vote and make Hillary Clinton win in Utah. No more, he has been unmasked. That plan didn't work. It was Romney's plan to avoid Trump getting 270 in 2016.

Then in the next 4 years, this "conservative Mormon" backed by Romney and his super pacs only went after Trump while supporting Pelosi and the Democrats. He is being paid now to go after Mike Lee because Lee likes Trump and Trump is taking the party away from the Bush doctrine of endless wars and endless occupations.

As a "Democrat", do you know what McMuffin stands for other than he hates Trump?

* He is pro life
* He is against legalizing Marijuana
* He is for the Bush/Cheney foreign policy doctrine
* Don't tax the rich to reduce student loan interest
* no federal free college
* Supports fracking & offshore drilling.
* Opposes federal regulation to prevent climate change
* Expand offshore oil drilling.
* American leadership instead of withdrawing from the world. (translation be the world's police)
* Democracies don't just happen on their own; US is the driver. (translation lets keep our endless wars and endless occupations)
* requires I.D. to vote
* PRO GUNS. NO restrictions
* No increase of Medicaid funding for low-income individuals
* Supports federal requirement that children get vaccinated.
* Supports PATRIOT Act
* Supports the the current deal with China and wants more.
* against raising the min. wage.

What kind of "Democrat" will support this war monger corporate hack just because he hates Trump? (or worse yet, gets paid to hate Trump) No wonder the Utah Democrat party is a joke.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 02-07-2022 at 11:17 AM..

Old 02-07-2022, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm in Utah and I'm with you 100%. As a matter of fact, I'm a Democrat who is planning on voting for Evan McMullin (who is running as an Independent) in an effort to unseat Lee. I know a lot of other Democrats who are on board with me, too. A lot of Utahns hate Lee. He is a pathetic egomaniac.

Yeah, let's replace Lee with a Goldman Sachs, war monger Republican that is ex-CIA agent (liar for a living) as a "democrat". McMuffin is pro mandatory vaccine and pro restrictions but Lee is the egomaniac????? You can't make this up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies