Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 09:23 AM

25,736 posts, read 12,815,111 times

Advertisements

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...-impeach-trump

7 Senators voted to impeach Trump, & 6 of those 7 are gone...only Lisa Murkowski (AK) remains. She is seeking re-election in November.

10 Representatives in the House voted for impeachment, & 3 of those are gone, and the remaining 7 all face Trump backed challengers in November.

If nothing else, at least Trump exposed these RINO's to their constituencies. I'd be surprised if any remain come November 10th 2022.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 09:38 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Well considering the nonsense flimsy evidence that the Dems used to impeach Trump twice it could have only been a RINO that signed up for that dog and pony show. I say good riddance.

The Dems have an amazing ability to band together and stay together no matter how ridiculous the cause is. It is a shame that the Reps don't have this ability because they could be impeaching Biden for his lack of response to the Border Crisis but then again Biden has the ultimate insurance policy in Kamala...

The Reps had their chance to stand with Trump and work for MAGA but they choose to sit in favor of what we have today.

Trump did expose the swamp of DC.

Old 01-15-2022, 09:52 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
....Trump exposed these RINO's ....
did you actually check their voting record to see if it ran contradictory to the GOP agenda or is opposing trump simply enough to get one labelled a RINO?

Old 01-15-2022, 11:05 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...-impeach-trump

7 Senators voted to impeach Trump, & 6 of those 7 are gone...only Lisa Murkowski (AK) remains. She is seeking re-election in November.

10 Representatives in the House voted for impeachment, & 3 of those are gone, and the remaining 7 all face Trump backed challengers in November.

If nothing else, at least Trump exposed these RINO's to their constituencies. I'd be surprised if any remain come November 10th 2022.
Uhm…… you might want to re-check your “facts”. Status after 2022 election:
  • Richard Burr of North Carolina (retiring)
  • Bill Cassidy of Louisiana - still a sitting senator
  • Susan Collins of Maine - still a sitting senator
  • Lisa Murkowski of Alaska - only one running for re-election in 2022
  • Mitt Romney of Utah - still a sitting senator
  • Ben Sasse of Nebraska - still a sitting senator
  • Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania (retiring)
Five of those senators want to remain senators and only one is running in the mid-terms. Much as some would like, I wouldn’t count Murkowski out. This is a person who won her first election by write-in votes.

I pray daily most of the representatives survive, although I know Kitzinger and probably Cheney are toast. I really like Trump’s policies, but I will be volunteering and donating hard to whoever I think has a chance to defeat him in the primary.

Old 01-15-2022, 11:18 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I really like Trump’s policies, but I will be volunteering and donating hard to whoever I think has a chance to defeat him in the primary.
be expecting accusations of RINO.

Old 01-15-2022, 11:24 AM

13,452 posts, read 4,292,364 times
They made their bed. Like the Godfather movie says: "A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults" Liz Cheney is toast. There is no way she stays in the party after how in the past year she is in bed with Pelosi and pushes their narrative after the same party basically for years called her father a war criminal and she acts like they are her friends. It's sick to watch but she made her bed.

I'm from Utah and Romney is our least favorite Senator next to Lee (he is the favorite one). Mitt might survive because his strong ties with the Mormon church and state politics. He donates a lot of money and has a lot of business ties but if this was a national election for his seat, he would be GONE. He got a bad case of TDS that clouds his judgement.

Old 01-15-2022, 11:24 AM

1,517 posts, read 541,225 times
Quote:
Uhm…… you might want to re-check your “facts”. Status after 2022 election:
  • Richard Burr of North Carolina (retiring)
  • Bill Cassidy of Louisiana - still a sitting senator
  • Susan Collins of Maine - still a sitting senator
  • Lisa Murkowski of Alaska - only one running for re-election in 2022
  • Mitt Romney of Utah - still a sitting senator
  • Ben Sasse of Nebraska - still a sitting senator
  • Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania (retiring)
Five of those senators want to remain senators and only one is running in the mid-terms. Much as some would like, I wouldn’t count Murkowski out. This is a person who won her first election by write-in votes.

I pray daily most of the representatives survive, although I know Kitzinger and probably Cheney are toast. I really like Trump’s policies, but I will be volunteering and donating hard to whoever I think has a chance to defeat him in the primary.

IL lost a seat, so Kinzinger's district was significantly gerrymandered (practically eliminated) so he wasn't going to get re-elected anyway. He would have to choose another district and run against an incumbent rep and he wasn't going to do that.

Old 01-15-2022, 11:30 AM

13,452 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
be expecting accusations of RINO.

It depends who you are supporting. Jeb Bush and Mitt and Kasich are RINOS. If you are going to challenge Trump you better have the better policies and prove you are a fighter and get the people on board not just vote for imagine or manners. That is dead with the GOP base.

Old 01-15-2022, 12:22 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
It depends who you are supporting. Jeb Bush and Mitt and Kasich are RINOS. If you are going to challenge Trump you better have the better policies and prove you are a fighter and get the people on board not just vote for imagine or manners. That is dead with the GOP base.
DeSantis

Old 01-15-2022, 12:37 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
DeSantis
I am hoping he remains our governor one more term before running for president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies