Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 04:46 PM

26,170 posts, read 19,118,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Good lord you people are obtuse.

IF YOU CAN'T PROVE IT, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. PERIOD.
Bull. And if our society worked on that premise, half the scientific discoveries we've made in the past thousand years would never have been made. Not being able to prove that something happened does not mean it did not happen. You've obviously never had a logical thought flowing through your gray matter if that is the way you think of things. It starts with conjecture, NOT proof. And maybe you ought to watch the movie and see what kind of "proof" he comes up with before spouting this anti-logic of yours.

Old 02-04-2022, 05:15 PM

8,409 posts, read 6,509,647 times
So a frail feeble old man who didn't campaign and has dementia beat Trump.

Old 02-04-2022, 05:22 PM

20,025 posts, read 9,562,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Bull. And if our society worked on that premise, half the scientific discoveries we've made in the past thousand years would never have been made. Not being able to prove that something happened does not mean it did not happen. .
^^^This.

Another example: germs

https://www.britannica.com/science/h...he-germ-theory

According to the article, QUOTE" The idea that disease was caused by entry into the body of imperceptible particles is of ancient date. It was expressed by Roman encyclopaedist Marcus Terentius Varro as early as 100 BCE, by Girolamo Fracastoro in 1546, by Athanasius Kircher and Pierre Borel about a century later, and by Francesco Redi, who in 1684 wrote his Osservazioni intorno agli animali viventi che si trovano negli animali viventi (“Observations on Living Animals Which Are to Be Found Within Other Living Animals”), in which he sought to disprove the idea of spontaneous generation." [END QUOTE]

But could their theories be proven more than 400 years ago? Nope. But, obviously, they were correct even if they could not prove it.

And there are probably at least a hundred other similar examples.

Old 02-04-2022, 05:32 PM

13,305 posts, read 21,928,812 times
Quote:
Bull. And if our society worked on that premise, half the scientific discoveries we've made in the past thousand years would never have been made. Not being able to prove that something happened does not mean it did not happen. You've obviously never had a logical thought flowing through your gray matter if that is the way you think of things. It starts with conjecture, NOT proof. And maybe you ought to watch the movie and see what kind of "proof" he comes up with before spouting this anti-logic of yours.
It's not a discovery until you have the proof, Einstein. We don't act on conjecture in this society. We act on facts, backed up by proof. Let us know when you get some.

Old 02-04-2022, 06:08 PM

2,047 posts, read 870,332 times
Trump goes to a football game and they stand and cheer for twenty minutes, passionately. Biden? Gets FJB, chants so loud he has to leave. It’s that way everywhere! I’m
Not crazy about Trump, I just don’t run into ANYONE who likes Biden.

Old 02-04-2022, 06:26 PM

27,304 posts, read 15,450,806 times
Quote:
It's not a discovery until you have the proof, Einstein. We don't act on conjecture in this society. We act on facts, backed up by proof. Let us know when you get some.
Did you miss the Russia Hoax?

Old 02-04-2022, 06:35 PM

26,170 posts, read 19,118,493 times
Quote:
Yes we do. Ever heard of Darwin? Pretty much all (there are a few exceptions) of science accepts his THEORY. And there is no conclusive proof AT ALL. There is some evidence. But that isn't proof. If you want to base your entire existence on rigorous proof, you'd best take up pure mathematics. That's about the only branch of science that "operates" ONLY on proofs. And even the great mathematicians started out with an idea--an "I think." Most of science has been based on conjecture, EINSTEIN. The "proof" (if there is any) comes later. Why don't you try proving the subatomic THEORY assumptions we make in science right now... with no way to prove it. Ever hear of experimental science? All the greatest scientists of the middle ages rebelled against the "proven" science of the time. CONJECTURE. Get it? You guys are like the Catholic church of the middle ages. Let me know when you grow a brain.

Old 02-04-2022, 06:52 PM

35,827 posts, read 21,206,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
The election was absolutely rigged and everyone knows this, including the Democrats. The state run DNC media can keep running story after story saying that there is no proof, but it will never change anyone’s mind.

You are either very angry about the rigged election, or you are happy that your side won the rigged election and they did whatever it took to win.

I blame Republicans for letting it all happen. I believe there was a faction of Republicans who were also complicit in helping the Democrats rig the election. Members of this faction? People like Lindsay Graham, Mitch McConnell, and yes, Mike Pence.
If the election was rigged this term, then other elections as well. The inconsistencies with Bush/Gore, and Trump Hillary results and Al the inner playing around with computer glitches and laws not to count votes - mailed, military etc. Very weird things happened, or did they? It is all about the picture they paint? I always revert to the movie “Wag the Dog” distractions and pre-conceived scenarios unleashed to the public.
Working within, I’ve seen many fabrications with zero facts play out with politicians for the media and it’s gullible public. Timely scandals that been around for 30 years and how they manipulate people to have tunnel vision. It’s either 95% acceptable voting results or the whole system is bad, has been rigged, but you don’t get to choose the side, they all in cahoots.

Old 02-04-2022, 06:58 PM

13,305 posts, read 21,928,812 times
Quote:
Yes we do. Ever heard of Darwin? Pretty much all (there are a few exceptions) of science accepts his THEORY. And there is no conclusive proof AT ALL. There is some evidence. But that isn't proof. If you want to base your entire existence on rigorous proof, you'd best take up pure mathematics. That's about the only branch of science that "operates" ONLY on proofs. And even the great mathematicians started out with an idea--an "I think." Most of science has been based on conjecture, EINSTEIN. The "proof" (if there is any) comes later. Why don't you try proving the subatomic THEORY assumptions we make in science right now... with no way to prove it. Ever hear of experimental science? All the greatest scientists of the middle ages rebelled against the "proven" science of the time. CONJECTURE. Get it? You guys are like the Catholic church of the middle ages. Let me know when you grow a brain.
LOL, look at you making a pretzel out of yourself to make excuses. You have NO PROOF WHATSOEVER to support the stolen election lie. Get over yourself.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:06 PM

35,827 posts, read 21,206,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Trump goes to a football game and they stand and cheer for twenty minutes, passionately. Biden? Gets FJB, chants so loud he has to leave. It’s that way everywhere! I’m
Not crazy about Trump, I just don’t run into ANYONE who likes Biden.
So I guess you don’t venture very far. 1/2 the country voted for Biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies