Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:37 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,753,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Please?!?! He's a Democratic Senator so he deserves our respect But it's ok for many on this list to drop a duece on Bush ad nauseum.

p.s. Bet M.J. is laughing in her grave.....

p.p.s. Teds car has killed more people then my gun.
I'm not about to wish harm on any human being, my54 . . . however, I understand your point.

The recent events have only strengthened my belief in KARMA!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:02 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,863,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
All of his alleged habits aside, Senator Kennedy is an American icon and deserves your respect! BTW, Mary Jo Kopetchny is buried directly above my mother-in-law's grave site.
First things first. Ted was released today from Mass General and as a compassionate human being who has seen his share of misery I do wish him well and have empathy for his immediate family in such circumstances. However, if I may stand at ease, respect is earned and not necessarily ordered upon us by virtue of family lineage or title of office. I respect the office of United States Senator, but I am sorry, lying, cheating, and using your position to manipulate your way out of a manslaughter charge and conviction undermines all respect. As far as American icons, the Ford Edsel, AMC Pacer and Gremlin would also fit that bill as would ironically the July 1969 achievement of Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins, and that of hundreds of thousands dog tag wearing ruck sack humping troopers who were in action at that very same time. Better also include the airman and sailors who were no less critical and important and even though I have some doubts of his current feasability for office, one of the most famous and enduring "guests" at the Hanoi Hilton, Senator McCain.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:05 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,592,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flu189 View Post
First things first. Ted was released today from Mass General and as a compassionate human being who has seen his share of misery I do wish him well and have empathy for his immediate family in such circumstances. However, if I may stand at ease, respect is earned and not necessarily ordered upon us by virtue of family lineage or title of office. I respect the office of United States Senator, but I am sorry, lying, cheating, and using your position to manipulate your way out of a manslaughter charge and conviction undermines all respect. As far as American icons, the Ford Edsel, AMC Pacer and Gremlin would also fit that bill as would ironically the July 1969 achievement of Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins, and that of hundreds of thousands dog tag wearing ruck sack humping troopers who were in action at that very same time. Better also include the airman and sailors who were no less critical and important and even though I have some doubts of his current feasability for office, one of the most famous and enduring "guests" at the Hanoi Hilton, Senator McCain.
I just can't reason with a bigot!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:07 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,588,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flu189 View Post
I'm sorry, but to all you getting off the topic? Please, stay on topic. Kennedy's politics have nothing to do w/him having a brain tumor. It's not karma as one of you said, it's a medical condition that was unavoidable.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:07 PM

78,694 posts, read 60,878,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
I just can't reason with a bigot!
Bigot - One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

Flu didnt mention him being white, catholic, democrat etc. but merely said that they didn't care much for Sen. Kennedy's ethics (or lack thereof) and karfar I didnt see him mention his politics either. Perhaps you guys have some history or just misread the post...I would think you might want to edit your posts.

Again, back to topic....it has to be a favorable sign to see him released from the hospital.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:10 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,243,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
It is all over the local news here in Mass............probably will be for days and days and days
Did you get as sick of that like me, crazy? Come on now!! The only positive spin I can put on that is at least he kind of deserves the coverage, not like the circus "news" put on about Anna Nicole!

Old 05-21-2008, 01:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,003,010 times
From what I have seen he frankly has a poor pronosis of recovery and low cahnce of beating this. Most say that without surgery;which will effect his speech and toher things he need to service;the out come can be measured in months not years.But who knows miracles happen everyday.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:19 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,243,252 times
I saw on the local news from the MGH that survival is usually 1-5 years post op. That's if you survive the surgery to begin with. Yeah, I bet they will operate...it's our money after all.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:40 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,588,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Bigot - One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

Flu didnt mention him being white, catholic, democrat etc. but merely said that they didn't care much for Sen. Kennedy's ethics (or lack thereof) and karfar I didnt see him mention his politics either. Perhaps you guys have some history or just misread the post...I would think you might want to edit your posts.

Again, back to topic....it has to be a favorable sign to see him released from the hospital.
Fine, ethics morals whatever, the fact is that what does that have to do w/him having a brain tumor? Nothing, thank you

Old 05-21-2008, 02:07 PM

68,353 posts, read 54,539,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
I wish him the best.

But now the this is going to get interesting in the political world. I wonder who is going to take the place of the good senator and carry the flag of liberalism? Kerry (Mr charisma killer) just can't do it.

I don't know how liberal he is but Jim Webb seems like a straight shooter, if Kennedy is to leave the Senate which seems likely I'd hope to see Webb taking on increasing leadership responsibility in the Senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies