Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 05:46 PM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times

Advertisements

I think he is right. Smart guy, probably worth more than everyone reading CD today put together.

Bill Ackman says Russia’s attack on Ukraine means World War III has likely already started

“In January 2020, I had nightmares about the potential for a pandemic, but everyone seemed to think I was crazy. I am having similar nightmares now,” Ackman said via Twitter late Saturday.

On Saturday, Ackman said that “WWIII has likely started already, but we have been slow to recognize it,” although he added that there was “much more we can do before we enter a hot war with Russia.”

The U.S. “could stop the absurdity of buying oil from Russia and funding the war, [and] Europe could follow suit once demand for gas declines in the Spring,” Ackman said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 05:49 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,153,716 times
The one thing I disagree with him is the China solution as mediator.
I'd rather see a United Nations coalition bomb the **** out of that convoy. Problem solved, as well as future problems.

Old 03-07-2022, 05:51 PM

It would solve one problem but might lead to Putin using nukes.

Old 03-07-2022, 05:53 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,153,716 times
That will always be his trump card. And that's the problem, as Ackman points out.
You either deal with him now, or deal with him as he rolls over Moldova, Estonia, Latvia, etc....

Old 03-07-2022, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster24 View Post
That will always be his trump card. And that's the problem, as Ackman points out.
You either deal with him now, or deal with him as he rolls over Moldova, Estonia, Latvia, etc....
We don't have the will to deal with him now. Neither does Europe. It would take an event that could not be ignored like Russia setting off tactical nukes or attacking over the Ukraine border. Putin knows this and I am sure wants to avoid this sort of thing.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:11 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think he is right. Smart guy, probably worth more than everyone reading CD today put together.
He's an idiot.

Everybody knows the US has been after the eastern Russian republics since you adopted the Middle East/Central Asia/Siberian Geo-Strategy back in 1974.

Iraq Part Uno: Nf3 Ne4
Yugoslavia: Qb8 b5
Afghanistan: Ne5 Kg7
Iraq Part Deux: Kg1 Bc5 Check
Northern Africa: Kf1 Ng3 Check
Ukraine (the illegal overthrow): Ke1 Bb4 Check
Crimea (Russia's counter-move): Pawn x Knight
Syria Kd1 Bb3 Check
Ukraine (Russia's counter-move): Pawn x Bishop
Iran: Kc1 Ne2 Check?
Central Asia: Kb1 Nc3 Check?
Eastern Russian Republics: Kc1 Rc2 Checkmate?

To block Iran: Kc1 Ne2 Check Russia should counter with Russia and China entering into a treaty with Iran, or better yet, have India enter into a treaty with Iran.

Since the US withdrew from Afghanistan, I would say good possibility 5-6 years after Ukraine dies down look for a false flag accusing Iran and Taliban of being allies and the US invading.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
He's an idiot.

Everybody knows the US has been after the eastern Russian republics since you adopted the Middle East/Central Asia/Siberian Geo-Strategy back in 1974.

Iraq Part Uno: Nf3 Ne4
Yugoslavia: Qb8 b5
Afghanistan: Ne5 Kg7
Iraq Part Deux: Kg1 Bc5 Check
Northern Africa: Kf1 Ng3 Check
Ukraine (the illegal overthrow): Ke1 Bb4 Check
Crimea (Russia's counter-move): Pawn x Knight
Syria Kd1 Bb3 Check
Ukraine (Russia's counter-move): Pawn x Bishop
Iran: Kc1 Ne2 Check?
Central Asia: Kb1 Nc3 Check?
Eastern Russian Republics: Kc1 Rc2 Checkmate?

To block Iran: Kc1 Ne2 Check Russia should counter with Russia and China entering into a treaty with Iran, or better yet, have India enter into a treaty with Iran.

Since the US withdrew from Afghanistan, I would say good possibility 5-6 years after Ukraine dies down look for a false flag accusing Iran and Taliban of being allies and the US invading.
Easy now comrade.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:19 PM

6,133 posts, read 3,355,504 times
The real problem here is Biden’s “solution”.

He might get oil from Venezuela, Iran, or Saudi Arabia. As if those are all good and wholesome countries, right? They all have our best interests at heart, right?

He is pushing Russia into an economic crisis. They could sell nukes, missiles, do state sponsored cyber attacks, whatever.

Just throwing this out here, but if Russia annexes a non-NATO country, how is that worse than Biden’s “solutions” to the problem?

Old 03-07-2022, 08:22 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,460,826 times
I don't think it's likely that the Russia-Ukraine conflict leads to a third world war, but I don't rule it out. I consider it a possibility. However, I will say that nuclear weapons were not created to sit idle, they were created to be used..... and they will be.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:29 PM

19,054 posts, read 27,620,833 times
WW3 was going since roughly 2008.
It is a new type of war, a HYBRID war, using not necessarily hot conflicts. Plandemic was part of that war - and was global. Psychological, ideological, info warfare, all that was employed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies