Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 08:14 PM

32,832 posts, read 19,548,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
It seems Uncle Joe is wanting to ban assault weapons. As a registered Democrat and NRA member, I am thinking it is time to purchase a second one. Question is, what do I get?

DO I go with the AK-47, which is easily convertible to a fully automatic setting and uses the exact same cartridges as my SKS (7.62 39MM Soviet) or do I go with the USA Made sporting AR-15 type which again is easily convertible to full auto but uses either 223 (which I once tried for hunting in an older Remington bolt action rifle and hated) or the 5.56 Nato which is readily available?

Something to think about
well first off neither the AK nor the AR are assault weapons.....

and second ole' Joe, has stated "ALL semi-automatics"....which would include handguns

liberals have to go..... we need to vote every liberal to the curb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2022, 08:38 PM

7,609 posts, read 6,118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
well first off neither the AK nor the AR are assault weapons.....

and second ole' Joe, has stated "ALL semi-automatics"....which would include handguns

liberals have to go..... we need to vote every liberal to the curb
what would you define as an assault rifle then? My Vietnam era SKS certainly LOOKS like one and works just fine.
Although by definition, the SKS cannot be modified to fully automatic fire, The other two I mentioned CAN easily be adapted into auto use. While I do not know off hand the need for the suppressing fire of an AR15 I would point out that my second newest handgun is a semi auto 9MM and it is a nifty little pistol I bought as a CCW and hope that I never need it, but better safe than sorry

Uncle Joe can try as he might to get the ban passed, but he will find vocal resistance from people like myself in his own party who are NRA members and 2nd amendment supporters. In the end, it won't happen

Next election, I want no one whose last name is Trump or Biden on the presidential ticket.

Old 08-30-2022, 08:43 PM

9,480 posts, read 11,241,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Mother walking with baby stroller fatally shot in NYC, in good area on Upper East Side (link). These guns are out of control. The Justices of the Supreme Court liberated these guns to wreak havoc. Common sense gun restrictions would have prevented this grizzly murder. The guns must be brought under control.
So wait...these guns go out, stalk people, or just shoot randomly? And here I thought they were inanimate objects.

The 1994 ban had approximately zero effect on psychopaths shooting people with inanimate objects. You catch, try, convict, imprison the perp. Bad guys off the streets will reduce violence. Bad guys will get guns.

Penalizing only the people who obey laws will do nothing regarding firearms violence.

Old 08-30-2022, 09:00 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,178,853 times
Quote:
what would you define as an assault rifle then? My Vietnam era SKS certainly LOOKS like one and works just fine.
Although by definition, the SKS cannot be modified to fully automatic fire, The other two I mentioned CAN easily be adapted into auto use. While I do not know off hand the need for the suppressing fire of an AR15 I would point out that my second newest handgun is a semi auto 9MM and it is a nifty little pistol I bought as a CCW and hope that I never need it, but better safe than sorry

Uncle Joe can try as he might to get the ban passed, but he will find vocal resistance from people like myself in his own party who are NRA members and 2nd amendment supporters. In the end, it won't happen

Next election, I want no one whose last name is Trump or Biden on the presidential ticket.
Dang, what next.. Assault cars? Assault crow bars? Assault bats?

Most anything can be used as a weapon, and can be used to assault someone.. The term assault rifle, is actually a hollywood term, but was used to describe a weapon that was used by the military and had the ability to switch between semi and full auto.

Personally, I have shot weapons on full auto while on active duty, and they are useless in that capacity. Semi auto is fine, and I would go with the AR-15. You can customize it to meet your needs, and you can use either 223 or 5.56 ammo. Since the 5.56 has a higher pressure, the lower pressure 223 will work just fine.

Don't forget that a stabilizing brace turns the semi auto rifle into a fully automatic weapon -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUGAMo07PI4
ROTFLMAO!

Old 08-30-2022, 09:06 PM

24,815 posts, read 9,578,065 times
Quote:
Mother walking with baby stroller fatally shot in NYC, in good area on Upper East Side (link). These guns are out of control. The Justices of the Supreme Court liberated these guns to wreak havoc. Common sense gun restrictions would have prevented this grizzly murder. The guns must be brought under control.
I went to the shooting range and no one once forced me to use the gun on any person that wasn’t a harmless paper target.

Yeah, these guns are out of control.

Old 08-30-2022, 09:47 PM

2,953 posts, read 998,035 times
Quote:
I wouldn't get so weepy and verklempt. They don't have legs. When you liberate them they just lie there outside the prison gates in a pile of loose change, crinkly condoms, pocket lint and whatever else they had on them when they were incarcerated. People have to pick them up, carry them around and obey their orders before the guns can wreak havoc.

Last edited by Wee-Bey; 08-30-2022 at 09:56 PM..

Old 08-30-2022, 09:50 PM

30,277 posts, read 11,920,448 times
Quote:
The SCOTUS ruling has nothing to do with this woman being shot. NYC has very strict gun laws. They are trying every trick to not let law abiding people carry guns. My expectation is with more honest law abiding people being able to conceal carry. Gun violence will drop.

Here is a fact for you:

https://www.heritage.org/firearms/co...-carry-killers

According to the data, America’s 18 million concealed-carry permit holders accounted for 801 firearm-related homicides over a 15-year span, which amounts to roughly 0.7% of all firearm-related homicides during that time.

Old 08-30-2022, 10:56 PM

27,240 posts, read 15,412,032 times
Quote:

Yet if those in his Party that support the 2nd Amendment protection of our natural Right vote for him and others they are complicit with those that would seek to diminish, restrict, or even ban that Right.

There is no way around it, when you vote for those that believe differently than you that is what you get.

Old 08-30-2022, 11:02 PM

50,532 posts, read 47,308,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Another ridiculous set of statements.

Here's a good one, look up Kennesaw Georgia. It's a suburb of Atlanta, and in the late 90's passed a law that every head of household was to be armed. Wasn't really enforced, BUT - when the newspapers were calling it guntown usa, and talking about there would be people dueling in the streets, what really happened is, they had the LOWEST violent crime rate, they actually went 10 years without any murders being committed, was named one of the best 10 places to live, growth rate skyrocketed. Want to add anything I missed?

As for AR 15's, AR stands for ARMALITE, and the Armalite 15, is a 5.56, or a 223 caliber weapon, and quite frankly, my K98 from WW2 is a far more lethal weapon. It's only got a 5 round clip, but the round is an 8 mm, semi steel jacketed round that can punch through armor plate at 100 yards. It would probably go through several people, but no one whines about REALLY dangerous weapons. An AR-15, is just a fancy semi automatic weapon, nothing more.

As for automatic weapons, you CANNOT go and buy one! The AR-15 isn't an automatic weapon, but in 1718, the PUCKLE gun, a fully automatic weapon was invented and patented. That BTW, was a LOT LONGER than 200 years ago!

Over 60% of the people in Montana owns a gun, yet they have one of the lowest murder rates.

All of these facts blows many holes in your observations.
Don't bother. These clowns have been spoon fed this information for years. They still hang onto their fears and self made bias. At this point who cares. It's like talking to a tire.

Old 08-31-2022, 02:22 AM

24,815 posts, read 9,578,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't understand the need for guns to protect against tyranny, that just seems like an excuse.
The Japanese Americans sent to internment camps by Dems would beg to differ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
As for automatic weapons, you CANNOT go and buy one! The AR-15 isn't an automatic weapon
Bingo. The woke watches too many James Bond movies. They think you can go out and buy a fully automatic AR. Not even a shooting range has that for you to use.

Quote:
Civilian assault rifles are semi-automatic weapons. The trigger of a semiautomatic weapon must be pulled back separately for each round fired.
https://www.vpc.org/studies/hosetwo.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies