Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 05:06 PM

13,018 posts, read 9,548,978 times

Advertisements

I think things would be a lot different now if AR-15 type rifles were never sold to the general public, but remained in the military. It's too late now since so many have been sold. Granted, maybe 1 in several thousand sold have been used in mass shootings, but it doesn't take many. A person can't use what they don't have. Given that it's too late to ban them, at least ban sales of high capacity magazines.

Keep in mind that I tend to be conservative, but this sort of thing has gotten out of hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 05:09 PM

8,389 posts, read 4,379,257 times
Just following Trumps directive.

Old 07-05-2022, 05:13 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,994,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
In my opinion, the biggest win would be if he could enact stricter gun control laws. Congress doesn't agree.
Some of it is mental health for sure, and that is hard to make happen without spending huge amounts. Congress won't agree.
Some of it is better trained law enforcement and courts that work more efficiently. I'm hopeful on this one.

Yes, the criminal does not matter, arrest the gun.

Old 07-05-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
2020 we were under lockdown because of Trump....that sure did stop these shootings

The lock-downs were courtesy of the DEMOCRATS.

Old 07-05-2022, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
What do you think is the reason why these violent acts have skyrocketed in 2021 after Biden was sworn in and may set a new record in 2022 while Biden is still President.

Keep in mind there were many left wing violent attacks by BLM and Antifa in 2020 when Democrats were shutting things down everywhere for longer than just a short term flatten the curve reasons.

U.S. Mass Shootings Hover Near Record-Breaking Levels

Biden promised to unify but has done everything he can to divide the nation.

Old 07-05-2022, 05:52 PM

17,683 posts, read 6,947,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The lock-downs were courtesy of the DEMOCRATS.
I hate to break it to you, but the Democrats are not done with lockdowns or mandates. They’ve gotten a taste of the power and love it, so they’ll be going back to it as soon as possible. That’s why every American who values freedom and individual rights needs to vote against every Democrat on the ballot. In every race.

Old 07-05-2022, 06:04 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,946,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
What do you think is the reason why these violent acts have skyrocketed in 2021 after Biden was sworn in and may set a new record in 2022 while Biden is still President.

Keep in mind there were many left wing violent attacks by BLM and Antifa in 2020 when Democrats were shutting things down everywhere for longer than just a short term flatten the curve reasons.

U.S. Mass Shootings Hover Near Record-Breaking Levels
Because the Republicans were running around like chickens with their heads cut off and the heads still kept yelling, "Voter fraud!" "The elections were fixed!" "Donald Trump is our REAL President!" and countless other like slogans that were also all false.

Conservatives wanted to hang on to every last firearm that they possibly could just in case Sean Hannity decided that we should have a Civil War which would boost his ratings numbers.

It didn't help that every 18 year-old male in the US was going through a severe identity crisis because self declared trans people were allowed to use any restroom they felt like and - worse yet - unisex restrooms were popping up all over the country. What was an 18 year-old to do to prove that he was a manly man?

Why go to a gun show and stock up on bullets and ammunition, of course. These troubled young men usually returned to the Grade School or Junior High where he had been subjected to relentless bullying. "I'm back!" these extremely unbalanced young men would yell to the Kindergarten class or possibly the First Grade if our crazed shooter was brave enough to face the big kids.

And the rest would have been history had these incidents not kept repeating themselves on a daily basis. Republicans must be so proud of themselves for "thinning the herd" just in case any of these little kids grew up to be Democrats.

Old 07-05-2022, 06:59 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,772,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
2020 we were under lockdown because of Trump....that sure did stop these shootings
LOL!

Blaming Trump for long term lockdowns when the Democrats were screaming holy hell that states were opening up and should be shut down until after the election.

Now That's Rich!

Old 07-05-2022, 07:57 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,262,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinglegend View Post
Nonsense. We need less gun control and less parasites at the FBI and Democratic establishment that knew almost every mass shooter was either on anti-depressant, or the FBI knew their criminal behavior.

I know you’d love to take responsibility away from government criminals and shift it to the average Joe, but most of us woke up to this fact already.
You know I answered the question honestly.
What’s your suggestions, other than criticisms
Typical. Everyone else is wrong but you got nothing of any value to put out there.

Old 07-05-2022, 07:59 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,262,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Yes, the criminal does not matter, arrest the gun.
Hmm. Other than telling me I’m wrong, what do you have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies