Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 12:56 PM

19,336 posts, read 17,278,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I’m left of center, but I tend to believe the Right will ultimately win.

The reasons are simple:
1) the Right has a higher birth rate
2) the Right has a higher rate of gun ownership

For those two reasons, the Right will win in the long run.

Number (1) should be obvious: higher birth rates mean more future right wingers than left wingers.

Number (2) should be obvious as well: if there ever is some kind of Civil War between the Right and Left, the Right is far more likely to win since they have most of the guns.

The Left often talks about how they are “on the right side of history” but I have my doubts. The Left-wing side is very self-limiting, for the two reasons above.

Anyone disagree? Is there a way the Left can win, despite the natural advantage on the Right?
But you accuse those Democrats on welfare of having one kid after the other so how does the right have a higher birthrate (and the Duggars don't count )?

Are you condoning a violent overthrow of our duly elected government? Was January 6th just a practice run?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2022, 12:57 PM

18,562 posts, read 9,252,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonite7 View Post
You have some valid points but I would like to add this: The left also doesn't fight fair. They have large news and social media platforms and fight unconventionally. Please don't get me started about their election shennanigans.
The right wing has its own media outlets. The right wing can do election shenanigans if they want. Trump tried and failed, but future right wing presidents may have more luck. Especially with a conservative Supreme Court.

Old 07-06-2022, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
But you accuse those Democrats on welfare of having one kid after the other so how does the right have a higher birthrate (and the Duggars don't count )?

Are you condoning a violent overthrow of our duly elected government? Was January 6th just a practice run?
Not sure I ever complained about welfare moms having too many kids. Not sure I ever supported January 6th or a violent overthrow of government.

Old 07-06-2022, 01:02 PM

1,213 posts, read 574,576 times
One way or the other.
If it means kickin it 1776 or 1812 style, then so be it.
Because the reality is, it could very well come down to that in the next few years.

Old 07-06-2022, 01:20 PM

19,042 posts, read 14,327,291 times
Frankly, neither wing of the American Partisan Vulture supports the "republican form" (no connection with the Republican Party). That's the form where all men are created equal (before the law - none higher) and have Creator endowed rights that governments were instituted to secure - not tax, regulate nor trespass.
And only by consent of the governed can it do more than adjudicate disputes, prosecute criminals, and defend against all enemies - foreign or domestic.
Caveat - consent voids endowed rights.

D'Oh.

Old 07-06-2022, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleprompter View Post
The left will win.

Leftist institutional control means:

1, indoctrination at schools and with the media

2, use of government agencies to attack in a partisan manner.

The right are individualistic and don't organize well, the left are collectivists and organize better.
A recent Supreme Court decision held that state funds could be used for religious schools. That is a huge victory for the Right. Outside of the New Age movement, religion is dominated by the Right.

What government agencies are attacking in a partisan manner, and how?

The Left generally isn’t very good at organizing either, since that takes hard work and a lot of money. The Right at least has the backing of Big Business, and all of the dark money that comes with that.

Old 07-06-2022, 01:29 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,001,427 times
Quote:
Is there a way the Left can win, despite the natural advantage on the Right?
They almost did in 2016. It's called full totalitarian control.

The right's big Achilles heel is that being individualistically oriented we don't keep our eyes peeled for what everyone around us is up to. The collectivists have always got their noses in everyone else's business. We just work, mind our families and only pay attention to $h!t that lands on our doorstep. ... and that's how the left damn near grabbed the whole enchilada. Control-freak scumbags that they are, they are ORGANIZED scumbags.

Old 07-06-2022, 01:34 PM

1,134 posts, read 408,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I disagree.
The Left has been making inroads into Americans culture by attempting to change that culture in any way they can. By importing illegals and by pandering to the lowest common denominators and the dregs of society.

When you rob Peter to pay Paul and then convince Paul that Peter is the source of all his problems..... You will always have the support of Paul.

Throw in the advances in technology and automation and there's going to be an awful lot of people with nothing to do but expect to get paid simply by virtue of their own existence.
Yes those are the correct answers, especially the part I bolded. It perpetuates the victim mentality and is the heart of the DNC political strategy. They know it works, they're not going to change it.

Old 07-06-2022, 01:41 PM

26,351 posts, read 19,247,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
They almost did in 2016. It's called full totalitarian control.

The right's big Achilles heel is that being individualistically oriented we don't keep our eyes peeled for what everyone around us is up to. The collectivists have always got their noses in everyone else's business. We just work, mind our families and only pay attention to $h!t that lands on our doorstep. ... and that's how the left damn near grabbed the whole enchilada. Control-freak scumbags that they are, they are ORGANIZED scumbags.
Great post. That is exactly why those who believe in liberty are at a philosophical disadvantage to authoritarian collectivists (leftists). They are like wolves. They don't care about the liberty of their prey.

I think the wisdom of past generations needs to be relearned: freedom has a price. Most people nowadays do not understand that.

Old 07-06-2022, 01:51 PM

5,805 posts, read 4,793,130 times
Quote:
I’m left of center, but I tend to believe the Right will ultimately win.

The reasons are simple:
1) the Right has a higher birth rate
2) the Right has a higher rate of gun ownership

For those two reasons, the Right will win in the long run.

Number (1) should be obvious: higher birth rates mean more future right wingers than left wingers.

Number (2) should be obvious as well: if there ever is some kind of Civil War between the Right and Left, the Right is far more likely to win since they have most of the guns.

The Left often talks about how they are “on the right side of history” but I have my doubts. The Left-wing side is very self-limiting, for the two reasons above.

Anyone disagree? Is there a way the Left can win, despite the natural advantage on the Right?
Higher birth rate? Debatable I think.

Plus, why do you think the Left fights any building of a border wall, handicaps the Border Patrol every chance they get, and releases every illegal into the US instead of sending them back? The border is wide open by design.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies