Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 05:36 PM

15,770 posts, read 9,606,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Here are my issues with "today's" Democrat Party that are non starters with me.
I’m looking for specific issues, not just generalizations like “they be crazy”.

1) Full limitless abortions right up until birth. No effort to save the baby is allowed.
2) Pushing trans and limitless genders on everyone. Basically making mental illness normal. Nothing at all to do with gay and lesbians.
3) Trying to push sexual content onto k-3rd graders without parental approval.
4) Making sex, race, sexual preferences the top 3 criteria for hiring people over actual qualifications for a job.
5) Pushing to allow biological males to compete against biological women in female sports and to allow biological males to use the female facilities.
6) Teaching young kids they are oppressed if they are black and they are oppressors if they are white.
7) Doing everything they can to ensure as many people flood into this country as possible illegally.
8) Trying to silence anyone who disagrees with them. No longer in favor of free speech.
9) Using the government to force people to do what they want people to do against their will.
10) Using government agencies to attack their political opponents.
11) Their policy of paying higher taxes to fight global warming. Paying more in taxes does not change the temperature. It just makes someone else wealthier at the expense of the tax payer.
12) Having the government in bed with the media to try to form public opinion.
13) Urging and condoning violence as a means to an end.
14) Demonizing police and military.
15) Working to put as many criminal back out on the street as possible, if those criminals are left leaning.
16) Spends way too much.
17) Part of the big war machine.

Here are my issues with today’s Republican Party.

1) Spends too much.
2) Not a fan of the religious right. Too tied to whatever they are taught by men who wrote religious documents for control over people many years ago.
3) Not enough focus and openness to birth control methods. It’s best to prevent pregnancy to begin with, than deal with the abortion issue after the fact.
4) Too afraid or stand up for common sense when attacked by the left. They would rather hide than fight.
When they make up lies about the other party.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2022, 06:29 PM

30,373 posts, read 11,986,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I am a registered Libertarian.

I do not support democrats because of their spending, taxation, extreme anti-gun and soft on violent crime stance, and their intent to strip us of our right and ability to defend our children, families, homes, businesses, property and selves from growing barbarism they have caused.

I do not support the republican party of facist Trump maga terrorism because of their extreme views. I do not support forcing christian extremist viewpoints into laws stripping women of their bodily rights. I do not support their intention to have the christian taliban rule the country and do away with secular government. I abhore their bigoted views on gays and the republican led religious war on transgender humans. I will fight the descent into facist darkness the republican party is dragging our country into.

I support freedom and liberty and equal rights and treatment for all. Something neither of the main parties stand for.

But I also don't support some parts of the Libertarian platform either.
I have to agree. The above sums it up for me also. For me personal freedoms and civil liberties are #1. Without them nothing else really matters. And both parties chip away at our rights but claim its only the other side that is doing it. And sometimes they work together like with the patriot act.

Old 07-07-2022, 06:32 PM

1,300 posts, read 968,500 times
The formerly liberal Democrat party have allowed themselves to be taken over by leftists.

The Republicans have become a cult.

Old 07-07-2022, 06:51 PM

30,455 posts, read 23,912,738 times
Dems:

The immeasurable amount of lies. Naming of bills, throwing things into bills that they know damn good and well the Repubs will never agree to, and then telling the public that the Repubs don't care about (fill in the blank some special 'feelings' bs).

The word play trying to pretend something means something other than what it really is.

How they treat the public as completely stupid. "We have to pass it to see what's in it."

How butthurt they get when the Republicans use the Dems own nasty tricks against the Dems - even when they were warned. (Think 'Harry Reid' and filibusters.)

How they destroy jobs for Americans in order to try to get votes from illegal aliens by beckoning them to break the law, and then give them handouts left and right.

They don't actually care about the people who elected them.

How so damn dramatic they are about everything, blowing things way out of proportion.

Too many of the younger ones are a bunch of Commies.

Too many of the younger ones are embarrassing.

Too many of the older ones are embarrassing. (Drunk Nancy, bumbling old fool Biden, for examples.)

The out of control spending which has nothing to do with 'helping' anyone but themselves.

Never saw a chance to go to war that they didn't like, but then pretend they were against it...despite video evidence to the contrary.

Pretending to be someone that they aren't to gain. (Warren)

"I don't recall", "What difference, at this point, does it make". "I ain' no ways tiiired", "bring them to heal", 'if you don't vote for me, you ain't black", "racist, racist, racist, racist, racist, racist, racist, racist, racist...", etc. Shut. UP!

How they use the media to stoke division.

Big government advocates.

Acceptance of back door deals.

Always blaming someone else for their failures.

New World Order pukes.

"Winning" by any means necessary, including stealing elections.

Republicans:

Not backing the president.

Having their own agendas, and not representing what the people want.

RINOs

Didn't do a damn thing about the southern border for decades, but ran on the promise of doing something about it...until Trump.

Which brings me to: Not giving Trump the funding he needed to completely build the wall. (Ryan)

Not following the Constitution. (except Ron Paul, Rand Paul)

Convincing people that more laws and more government is the right answer.

Forgetting what "Conservative" means.

War mongers - just as bad as the Dems.

Too many who are spineless and 'take the higher road'. Give it a rest.

Seem to get into politics to gain power and wealth, not actually interested in representing the people.

Accepting backdoor deals.

They also spend way too much on crap they don't need to be spending money on.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 07-07-2022 at 07:00 PM..

Old 07-07-2022, 06:52 PM

5,124 posts, read 2,185,913 times
Neither party really understands who runs world politics nor do they understand where the true threat/evil lurks. Smart individuals understand that the real danger is not on the horizontal axis ie Democrats vs. Republicans. The real threat is on the vertical axis ie wealthy bankers and big corporations who control everything, our government included, versus YOU!

These oligarchs want one world all run and ruled by them. They have a term for us common folk. They call us “useless eaters.” But they are patient, one baby step at a time to get their ways. Learn to recognize their steps ie divide and conquer by programming us into camp D or camp R. Increased pressure to get rid of guns, open borders, increased surveillance, reduced populations, fighting over the ISMs etc., inflation, housing shortages, food shortages, control of the media, proliferation of political extremes,etc. Its all there for us to understand and grasp but most folks are too distracted to see.

Old 07-07-2022, 07:01 PM

1,517 posts, read 545,279 times
Both parties - #1 priority is getting elected by any means possible
Both parties put party over country
Both parties use wedge issues to create division
Both parties are bought and paid for, servants to the swamp
Both parties are out of touch with mainstream America

Old 07-07-2022, 07:19 PM

3,373 posts, read 2,923,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Here are my issues with "today's" Democrat Party that are non starters with me.
I’m looking for specific issues, not just generalizations like “they be crazy”.

1) Full limitless abortions right up until birth. No effort to save the baby is allowed.
2) Pushing trans and limitless genders on everyone. Basically making mental illness normal. Nothing at all to do with gay and lesbians.
3) Trying to push sexual content onto k-3rd graders without parental approval.
4) Making sex, race, sexual preferences the top 3 criteria for hiring people over actual qualifications for a job.
5) Pushing to allow biological males to compete against biological women in female sports and to allow biological males to use the female facilities.
6) Teaching young kids they are oppressed if they are black and they are oppressors if they are white.
7) Doing everything they can to ensure as many people flood into this country as possible illegally.
8) Trying to silence anyone who disagrees with them. No longer in favor of free speech.
9) Using the government to force people to do what they want people to do against their will.
10) Using government agencies to attack their political opponents.
11) Their policy of paying higher taxes to fight global warming. Paying more in taxes does not change the temperature. It just makes someone else wealthier at the expense of the tax payer.
12) Having the government in bed with the media to try to form public opinion.
13) Urging and condoning violence as a means to an end.
14) Demonizing police and military.
15) Working to put as many criminal back out on the street as possible, if those criminals are left leaning.
16) Spends way too much.
17) Part of the big war machine.

Here are my issues with today’s Republican Party.

1) Spends too much.
2) Not a fan of the religious right. Too tied to whatever they are taught by men who wrote religious documents for control over people many years ago.
3) Not enough focus and openness to birth control methods. It’s best to prevent pregnancy to begin with, than deal with the abortion issue after the fact.
4) Too afraid or stand up for common sense when attacked by the left. They would rather hide than fight.
Nice sum up... There's only one way to vote, that is vote with your feet. The problem is where to go to.

Old 07-07-2022, 09:44 PM

604 posts, read 277,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I have to agree. The above sums it up for me also. For me personal freedoms and civil liberties are #1. Without them nothing else really matters. And both parties chip away at our rights but claim its only the other side that is doing it. And sometimes they work together like with the patriot act.
Largely agree; often the worst stuff is bipartisan. I've come to see it as a bad word.

Old 07-07-2022, 10:04 PM

38,662 posts, read 26,474,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
This:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern...ending_GDP.png

In 1930, gov't spent 10% of GDP, and today its ~50% & still rising.

This is on BOTH parties, & arguing which party is worse is re-arranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

The size, cost, & power of gov't must be gutted...reduced by 80%...and yes it can be done, and yes...I know how.

The problem is getting elected/reelected while promising to cut spending.

The reason it doesn't happen is because it doesn't work.

Most voters want free ****.

Old 07-07-2022, 10:33 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,972,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Dems:

The immeasurable amount of lies. Naming of bills, throwing things into bills that they know damn good and well the Repubs will never agree to, and then telling the public that the Repubs don't care about (fill in the blank some special 'feelings' bs).

The word play trying to pretend something means something other than what it really is.

How they treat the public as completely stupid. "We have to pass it to see what's in it."

How butthurt they get when the Republicans use the Dems own nasty tricks against the Dems - even when they were warned. (Think 'Harry Reid' and filibusters.)

How they destroy jobs for Americans in order to try to get votes from illegal aliens by beckoning them to break the law, and then give them handouts left and right.

They don't actually care about the people who elected them.

How so damn dramatic they are about everything, blowing things way out of proportion.

Too many of the younger ones are a bunch of Commies.

Too many of the younger ones are embarrassing.

Too many of the older ones are embarrassing. (Drunk Nancy, bumbling old fool Biden, for examples.)

The out of control spending which has nothing to do with 'helping' anyone but themselves.

Never saw a chance to go to war that they didn't like, but then pretend they were against it...despite video evidence to the contrary.

Pretending to be someone that they aren't to gain. (Warren)

"I don't recall", "What difference, at this point, does it make". "I ain' no ways tiiired", "bring them to heal", 'if you don't vote for me, you ain't black", "racist, racist, racist, racist, racist, racist, racist, racist, racist...", etc. Shut. UP!

How they use the media to stoke division.

Big government advocates.

Acceptance of back door deals.

Always blaming someone else for their failures.

New World Order pukes.

"Winning" by any means necessary, including stealing elections.

Republicans:

Not backing the president.

Having their own agendas, and not representing what the people want.

RINOs

Didn't do a damn thing about the southern border for decades, but ran on the promise of doing something about it...until Trump.

Which brings me to: Not giving Trump the funding he needed to completely build the wall. (Ryan)

Not following the Constitution. (except Ron Paul, Rand Paul)

Convincing people that more laws and more government is the right answer.

Forgetting what "Conservative" means.

War mongers - just as bad as the Dems.

Too many who are spineless and 'take the higher road'. Give it a rest.

Seem to get into politics to gain power and wealth, not actually interested in representing the people.

Accepting backdoor deals.

They also spend way too much on crap they don't need to be spending money on.

For a second, I thought.. wait... is this an old thread, is this one of my posts?? I actually scrolled back up to see the name to see if I posted this. LOL.

Tried to rep ya, but alas:
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Three Wolves In Snow again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies