Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 10:43 PM

15,890 posts, read 6,595,552 times

Advertisements

Basically they've both moved too far from the mainstream. I'm sure that satisfies the wingnuts, but every vote seems like a choice between two unappealing choices now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2022, 10:45 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,306,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
Both parties - #1 priority is getting elected by any means possible
Both parties put party over country
Both parties use wedge issues to create division
Both parties are bought and paid for, servants to the swamp
Both parties are out of touch with mainstream America
Exactly.

Old 07-07-2022, 11:05 PM

1,213 posts, read 570,139 times
Republicans=wimps
Democrats=bullies

Old 07-08-2022, 05:17 AM

25,929 posts, read 12,951,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The problem is getting elected/reelected while promising to cut spending.

The reason it doesn't happen is because it doesn't work.

Most voters want free ****.
Its time to try again, now that voters have had so many lousy administrations fouling things up.

Educating voters on why big gov't is the cause of most of our problems is job #1:

Wars, inflation, recessions, massive debt & the affiliated interest costs, corruption, unholy alliance to big biz.

By the 2024 election, the interest costs on the debt should, & could become the #1 issue in America.

https://www.crfb.org/blogs/telling-w...long-term-debt

Teaching these complex issues to our uneducated citizens is the challenge. I'd replicate Perot's approach.

Old 07-08-2022, 05:28 AM

8,641 posts, read 9,159,294 times
I'm with the founding father, George Washington, who was the only President not a member of any political party.

In his farewell address, he stated that the spirit of the party, “serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection.”

https://www.americanmajority.org/blo...tical-parties/

Old 07-08-2022, 05:29 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,072,900 times
I am against politicians who use everything they can to get people on both sides to argue and fight while they line their pockets. Why can’t people see they are using us for their political agenda.

Since Covid started it’s been nothing but fighting, shootings, looting, etc. crime everywhere. I am mentally tired and frustrated.

I want someone who will fix this. I want people to be able to walk to the store safely not be ****, raped, robbed. I want children to play outside and not fear of being killed.

I want our country to be once again great..not inflation rapidly increasing so people won’t be able to pay bills, eat etc.

Old 07-08-2022, 05:38 AM

24,729 posts, read 9,533,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Neither party is big on compromise. Often times the solution is found by splitting the difference. Abortion was a perfect example. Far left wants abortion available right to the day of delivery, far right doesn’t want abortion to be an option at all. How about abortion is legal up to four months? Fortunately there are a few governors on the right proposing just that for their state.
Bingo, we have a winner.

Also neither party will compromise via a trade. Example, Democrats agreeing to build a border wall if Republicans agree with universal federal gun background checks. Democrats agreeing to voter ID laws and Republicans agreeing to loosen anti-abortion laws. Democrats agreeing to stop and frisk and Republican agreeing to increase the purchasing age for guns.

These are common sense negotiations that can make everyone happy. This zero sum game isn't going to work.

Old 07-08-2022, 06:59 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,328,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Bingo, we have a winner.

Also neither party will compromise via a trade. Example, Democrats agreeing to build a border wall if Republicans agree with universal federal gun background checks. Democrats agreeing to voter ID laws and Republicans agreeing to loosen anti-abortion laws. Democrats agreeing to stop and frisk and Republican agreeing to increase the purchasing age for guns.

These are common sense negotiations that can make everyone happy. This zero sum game isn't going to work.
Agree, but this stuff will never happen. The two parties need to keep everyone hating each other while they continue to enrich themselves.

Old 07-08-2022, 08:33 AM

1,277 posts, read 572,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicOverlord View Post
Largely agree; often the worst stuff is bipartisan. I've come to see it as a bad word.
Or gets thrown around like they deserve an award because ONE person from another party voted the same way on a measure

Old 07-08-2022, 08:44 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,320,280 times
Greed, corruption, overspending, welfare, asset bubbles, QE, the top and bottom sucking from the middle.

Why haven't we banned corporations from buying residential real estate yet? Some HOAs have discouraged corporate buyers with residency requirements.

Ultimately having more rentals increases the chances of crime and unkempt properties, along with section 8 housing. This is something republicans should care about but they are too concerned with being able to buy up 10 houses and turn them into rentals themselves.

I get it... capitalism and free market, but pure unregulated capitalism doesn't work because wealth funnels to the top and ultimately the system implodes under that condition. Having most of the stock market owned by the top 10% means they pressure central banks to keep it inflated, and all this liquidity lets them now use the real estate market as their speculative playground as the purchasing power of the average working class individual diminishes and they keep carting in more illegals they hope will get jobs while a good chunk suck off the government. Top and bottom suck from the middle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies