Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 03:32 PM

4,912 posts, read 3,335,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Only if they're Constitutionally illiterate. "Shall count" is pretty simple to grasp.
Well... he DID mention Kamala by name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 04:04 PM

15,894 posts, read 6,599,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
This is why I do not understand why some are caught up in the "betrayal" from Vice President Pence. All the Vice President does is count the votes of the electors. Anything else is supposed to be dealt with in State Houses. There was nothing he could have done, even if there was solid evidence of a stolen election.

(I am not quite sure I believe the election was stolen, but it certainly was not fair.)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
--George Carlin

Old 07-15-2022, 04:48 PM

437 posts, read 188,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Republicans are worried that Kamala might decide who the next president should be.

And Democrats love democracy until the vote doesn't go their way.

Old 07-15-2022, 05:24 PM

6,125 posts, read 2,897,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I totally agree with what you're saying. However, each of these law suites were tossed and the SCOTUS refused the cases. What do you think that means? If there is a hint of something inappropriate, it is decided in court, and Trump lost all but one case where some ballots were set aside that made zero difference to the outcome of the election. Again. Bill Barr Trump's lap dog drew his line in the sand when he refused to perpetuate the lie that the election was stolen. I urge you to read the transcripts from the January 6th Republican testimony. They will tell you the same thing.
The Supreme Court, or any other court, does not decide what is fair. They decide what is constitutional or unconstitutional. As I recall, each of President Trump's lawsuits were thrown out for lack of standing and/or lack of sufficient evidence of fraud.

And, I never stated I thought the election was fraudulent. I said there was the possibility it was, due to the sudden changes in election law, that received no checks and balances, and in which some of those very same laws have been ruled to be unconstitutional in the states in which they were enacted. The new laws created the opportunity for fraud to occur. And, because of this, I can definitely say the last election was not fair.

But, just because it was not fair, does not necessarily mean that it was fraudulent.

Old 07-15-2022, 10:34 PM

13,376 posts, read 7,394,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
The Supreme Court, or any other court, does not decide what is fair. They decide what is constitutional or unconstitutional. As I recall, each of President Trump's lawsuits were thrown out for lack of standing and/or lack of sufficient evidence of fraud.

And, I never stated I thought the election was fraudulent. I said there was the possibility it was, due to the sudden changes in election law, that received no checks and balances, and in which some of those very same laws have been ruled to be unconstitutional in the states in which they were enacted. The new laws created the opportunity for fraud to occur. And, because of this, I can definitely say the last election was not fair.

But, just because it was not fair, does not necessarily mean that it was fraudulent.
Georgia, and Arizona didn't change any election laws before the election yet both states received lot of pressure to overturn the results based on zero evidence that could have changed the outcome. The reason why both of those states received so much pressure was because republicans had a majority control in all branches of state Government. That tells me Trump and his supporters don't really care about any of the changes made before the election their goal was to install Trump as president again based on false allegations of wide spread fraud without a shred of evidence.

Old 07-16-2022, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Georgia, and Arizona didn't change any election laws before the election yet both states received lot of pressure to overturn the results based on zero evidence that could have changed the outcome. The reason why both of those states received so much pressure was because republicans had a majority control in all branches of state Government. That tells me Trump and his supporters don't really care about any of the changes made before the election their goal was to install Trump as president again based on false allegations of wide spread fraud without a shred of evidence.
I firmly believe that the 'evidence' of election tampering will come out at some point in the future, and it's going to be a scandal of epic proportion. Was it enough to give Trump a win? Almost certainy no. But was there intentional, pre-planned tampering by the Democrat party? Almost certainly yes.

What bothers me is the acceptance/excusal of the latter simply because in this case it wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome. But the cheating is condoned.

Old 07-16-2022, 07:40 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,473,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
What exactly needs clarifying?
That what Trump demanded Pence to do was illegal. Some Trump supporters still did not internalize that. Folks (still) think that hanging the VP in such circumstances makes sense.

Old 07-17-2022, 06:23 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,423,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
I firmly believe that the 'evidence' of election tampering will come out at some point in the future, and it's going to be a scandal of epic proportion. Was it enough to give Trump a win? Almost certainy no. But was there intentional, pre-planned tampering by the Democrat party? Almost certainly yes.

What bothers me is the acceptance/excusal of the latter simply because in this case it wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome. But the cheating is condoned.
Your "firm belief" and $5 will get you a coffee at Starbucks.

There are people who "firmly believe" that we never landed on the moon or that Bigfoot exists, too. Just like you, their "firm belief" has no impact on reality.

Old 07-17-2022, 06:29 AM

19,281 posts, read 17,161,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
And Democrats love democracy until the vote doesn't go their way.
I don't see Democrats denying a valid election result almost 2 years after its been well confirmed that he lost......

Old 07-17-2022, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Your "firm belief" and $5 will get you a coffee at Starbucks.

There are people who "firmly believe" that we never landed on the moon or that Bigfoot exists, too. Just like you, their "firm belief" has no impact on reality.
Fair point. But there are factions from both sides that are actively trying to redefine 'reality'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies