Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 02:44 PM

26,081 posts, read 13,074,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
They are 55+ communities because those people know to stay off the damn lawn.
But they let their Dogs poop on other people's lawn, & even if they pick it up, just the idea of it repulses me.

Why not walk your Dog on your own darned lawn to do his/her business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2022, 02:47 PM

26,081 posts, read 13,074,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
I was a member of AARP when I was in my early 40s. I've known about Google for such a long time now.

The NAACP is a civil rights organization and seeing as how I am a white person who hasn't faced racial discrimination, why would I resent the existence of this organization, meant to help those who actually do face racial discrimination? How self-centered would that be?

You're thinking that men really have it rough these days and need someone to go to bat for them, huh? Well, best of luck with that.
I was discriminated against too as a White male, so I know how it feels to be disriminated against.

I dont think men need anyone to go to bat for them, but if they want to band together to protect their own rights, isnt that okay?

Old 07-16-2022, 02:48 PM

10,016 posts, read 4,755,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
The elderly get lots of perks because they vote at the highest rates. That's all.

Talk to me when you see the silliness in someone on Social Security and Medicare complaining about the single mother, who works two jobs, because she gets SNAP.
People pay into social security during their working lives/years. Medicare is for seniors. Seniors pay for that too. Unless indigent they are paying health insurance premiums.

Old 07-16-2022, 02:58 PM

48,626 posts, read 35,086,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Why can't taxpayers funds be used by the feds to fund white colleges? Why is that wrong, but funding black colleges is okay in this day and age? Funding Black colleges is an outdated proposition don't yah think?

Why do Ivy League schools worth Billions have tax advantaged status?

Federal funds DO go to "white" colleges.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-16-2022, 02:59 PM

8,815 posts, read 5,133,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
But they let their Dogs poop on other people's lawn, & even if they pick it up, just the idea of it repulses me.

Why not walk your Dog on your own darned lawn to do his/her business?
They would never let their dogs poop on other peoples lawns, because old people are in their windows all the time, and the offenders picture would be on our community facebook.
Dogs don`t want to walk on a postage stamp size yard. We do have big beautiful dog parks though. It`s a dogs world in a over 55 community.

Old 07-16-2022, 03:04 PM

7,251 posts, read 4,588,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Every community not designated as 55+ is an Under 55 community.
Um.. no.. my condo is not a 55+ community and I have tons of old people hogging the condos because they are less expensive than the 55+

Old 07-16-2022, 03:23 PM

1,517 posts, read 544,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Not true. There are limits on how many under 55 people can live in each residence. Federal law. Can also be restricted further by state, city or HOA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
That's not true, or at least not true in all areas or all cases. I know of several around where I am that will allow anyone to purchase it, but you must be 55+ to actually reside there.

They do have rules for visitors, so if they want to have the family over for a couple of weeks there isn't an issue. But they are limited to the amount of time they can stay.

Thanks for the clarifications, I didn't know there are hard restrictions on 55+ communities.

I know a few "active adult" communities which are like 55+ communities but don't have strict age requirements.

Old 07-16-2022, 03:48 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,282,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
People pay into social security during their working lives/years. Medicare is for seniors. Seniors pay for that too. Unless indigent they are paying health insurance premiums.
The point is that most seniors thus far are net recipients of both programs, in that they receive more than they paid in. Social Security only began paying out less per eligible retiree than was collected in 2010.

So who is the welfare queen?

Old 07-16-2022, 03:54 PM

8,815 posts, read 5,133,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Um.. no.. my condo is not a 55+ community and I have tons of old people hogging the condos because they are less expensive than the 55+
Hogging? Are they not entittled? Many "old people" are alone, and have medical issues, why can they not live there, if they pay just like you. Their money is green, just like yours.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:02 PM

7,811 posts, read 6,442,575 times
In the 2 55+ communities where I have lived at least one resident must be over 55, no one under 18/19 may reside there.

Notably absent in those communities are noise, vandalism, graffiti and petty larceny

Present are clubs, organizations and community facilities for seniors.

If you are fortunate you will one day be old enough to live in one..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies