Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 12:05 PM

43,153 posts, read 18,318,340 times

Advertisements

"Just blame covid" is getting long in the tooth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 12:05 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,869,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
It can certainly be profitable. But 3rd parties are in essence price controls. Like Medicare and their low ball reimbursements, which do not necessarily advance with general inflation.

As a doc who participated with Medicare and other HC insurance plans over 40 years, I can tell you that their reimbursements never kept up with general inflation.
I am looking forward to these tremendous premium increases that American employers and employees will have to pay in 2023 because no one is curious why doctors and nurses make a fortune in the USA compared to Spain, Greece, Albania, Tunisia.

I think it is very interesting how doctors come on this site and several brag about their massive estates. I guess it is the hospitals and government's choice to pay them so much, so no one should complain about the health care coverage costs.

How much do American doctors get paid compared to doctors in Spain, Greece, Albania and Tunisia?

I wonder what the government "Medicare" reimbursement is compared to Spain, Greece, Albania, Tunisia?

The "Medicare" and "Medicaid" reimbursement are more than enough.

Old 07-17-2022, 12:14 PM

6,575 posts, read 6,748,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So a couple months ago I became suddenly ill due to my chemotherapy. And by ill, I mean I was dying.

It took about 30 minutes for me to get in, but other had been there far FAR longer. Triage. And I was in the ER. For over a day. As I lay there I could hear the other guy on the other side of the wall. And he was clearly dying of Covid. They were going to intubate him. He also spent almost a day in the ER before being moved elsewhere, and I went to intensive care. It was very very rough listening to this poor guy.

We arent the most busy hospital, but I have to say-its been non stop for a long long time now. And covid is a massive strain. Nurses are burning out causing shortages. You cant make them appear via miracles.
I'm sorry to hear that you are ill We share different politics, but I wish you well...

Old 07-17-2022, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It is such a joke. They have plenty of money for the patients to never have to wait for a hospital bed not in ER but they choose to spent it on "CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER" and "CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER".

Hopefully, because California employers have to have big layoffs to pay for those 2 million dollar a year "CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER" and "CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER" that 1 million dollar a year board-members these California non-profit hospitals just to pay

Wow, so many million dollar salaries at Cedar-Senai while patients are in the emergency waiting according to doctors 12 to 24 hours.

Over 2 million each for a "CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER" and "CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER".

Many board members getting payed seven figures also.

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/about/l...for%20patients.

https://nonprofitlight.com/ca/la/ced...medical-center

Old 07-17-2022, 12:17 PM

18,823 posts, read 8,484,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
By far the most dramatic and serious impact on medical facilities in a century. Assuming we are entering the Pandemic phase at this time, it may still take another year to stabilize.

Old 07-17-2022, 12:22 PM

18,823 posts, read 8,484,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I am looking forward to these tremendous premium increases that American employers and employees will have to pay in 2023 because no one is curious why doctors and nurses make a fortune in the USA compared to Spain, Greece, Albania, Tunisia.

I think it is very interesting how doctors come on this site and several brag about their massive estates. I guess it is the hospitals and government's choice to pay them so much, so no one should complain about the health care coverage costs.

How much do American doctors get paid compared to doctors in Spain, Greece, Albania and Tunisia?

I wonder what the government "Medicare" reimbursement is compared to Spain, Greece, Albania, Tunisia?

The "Medicare" and "Medicaid" reimbursement are more than enough.
Most doctors did not do well financially since and with the Covid due to higher risks, more complicated and reduced general HC access. Many nurses did better if they met the requirements, had the gumption and ability to travel.

Doctors here do better in general than most other countries. Medicare with its low reimbursements does not do much to add to their wealth. Medicaids are typically worse.

Old 07-17-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
By far the most dramatic and serious impact on medical facilities in a century. Assuming we are entering the Pandemic phase at this time, it may still take another year to stabilize.
What excuse are the "medical facilities" going to use when there is FLU and COVID this winter for not being stable.

Interesting, how they have people waiting 12 to 24 hours for a hospital bed according to the news story while executives at this "non-profit" hospital are getting millions of dollars yearly in compensation packages.

Wow, just one hospital and so paychecks in the millions and yet they just can't stabilize it.

These hospitals are intentionally doing this because the CEO's are welfare queens looking for government handouts.

Old 07-17-2022, 12:29 PM

Quote:
What excuse are the "medical facilities" going to use when there is FLU and COVID this winter for not being stable.

Interesting, how they have people waiting 12 to 24 hours for a hospital bed according to the news story while executives at this "non-profit" hospital are getting millions of dollars yearly in compensation packages.

Wow, just one hospital and so paychecks in the millions and yet they just can't stabilize it.

These hospitals are intentionally doing this because the CEO's are welfare queens looking for government handouts.

That seems to be happening in many sectors. The money is not trickling down and is being given to the high end exec's as salary increases.

Old 07-17-2022, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I guess the average employer family health care premium of $22,000 a year and on then another 1.5 trillion dollars a year in government subsidies is just not enough to stabilize the system?

Interesting, that an employer and their employee pay on average pays $22,000 a year and then another the government subsidizes another 1.5 trillion dollars and then are told by the hospital that they have to wait 12 to 24 hours for a hospital bed outside of the Emergency Room because they must pay there many administrators millions of dollars per year.

Old 07-17-2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I guess the average employer family health care premium of $22,000 a year and on then another 1.5 trillion dollars a year in government subsidies is just not enough to stabilize the system?

Interesting, that an employer and their employee pay on average pays $22,000 a year and then another the government subsidizes another 1.5 trillion dollars and then are told by the hospital that they have to wait 12 to 24 hours for a hospital bed outside of the Emergency Room because they must pay there many administrators millions of dollars per year.
Well after giving everyone generous salaries there was no more money left for beds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies