Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 08:50 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,869,765 times

Advertisements

Who is running the health-care systems in California?

Interesting, how a family and their employers averages $21,000+ in health care insurance costs before deductables and co-pays and one hospital made a billion dollars after expenses and yet the patients at that hospital according the news story wait 12 to 24 hours for a bed outside of the emergency room.

Average California family and their employers pay $21,000 in health care premiums and that is before co-pays and other costs to and yet according to the Doctor at Cedar-Senai patients have to wait in ER for 12 to 24 hours for a hospital bed.

Cedar-Senai made $ 1,004,392,000 after it's expenses and yet the patients wait 12 to 24 hours for a hospital bed outside the ER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ed2J_CVVQo

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/about/f...d-reports.html

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...:%22desc%22%7D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2022, 09:01 PM

18,823 posts, read 8,484,812 times
Could still be due to Covid related staffing issues.

Old 07-16-2022, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Could still be due to Covid related staffing issues.
Everything is an excuse with the American Health Care establishment!

They get a 1.5 trillion check for Medicare and Medicaid alone and yet they still make excuses for the reason why they can't provide excellent services like other industries in the economy.

No other country uses the "COVID" excuse like this one when it comes to health-care.

The government gives them 1.5 trillion dollars in Medicare and Medicaid money alone and then there is government healthcare money from government employees and government money from the exchanges.

Yet, they seem to have constant issues.

The "COVID" related staffing issues is just an excuse to provide a terrible service by warehousing people in an Emergency Room for 24 hours and then they use "COVID" as an excuse.

The United States spends far more than any country per-capita on health-care and gets $1.5 trillion in Medicare and Medicaid money plus hundreds and hundreds of exchange and government-workers health care premiums.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...alue_desc=true

https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statist...NHE-Fact-Sheet

Old 07-16-2022, 09:24 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Everything is an excuse with the American Health Care establishment!

They get a 1.5 trillion check for Medicare and Medicaid alone and yet they still make excuses for the reason why they can't provide excellent services like other industries in the economy.

No other country uses the "COVID" excuse like this one when it comes to health-care.

The government gives them 1.5 trillion dollars in Medicare and Medicaid money alone and then there is government healthcare money from government employees and government money from the exchanges.

Yet, they seem to have constant issues.

The "COVID" related staffing issues is just an excuse to provide a terrible service by warehousing people in an Emergency Room for 24 hours and then they use "COVID" as an excuse.

The United States spends far more than any country per-capita on health-care and gets $1.5 trillion in Medicare and Medicaid money plus hundreds and hundreds of exchange and government-workers health care premiums.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...alue_desc=true

https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statist...NHE-Fact-Sheet
This^^^x eleventy! I'm seeing it first hand. Short staffing is a choice and Covid is the excuse du jour.

Old 07-16-2022, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
This^^^x eleventy! I'm seeing it first hand. Short staffing is a choice and Covid is the excuse du jour.
It sure is the "excuse du jour"

In Democratic cities like Los Angeles though they can use the COVID excuse for having their patients in the ER for 12-24 hours waiting for a bed.

These hospital CEO's just don't care much.

These hospitals are having people wait 12-24 hours in the ER because it makes a good news story and then the liberal politicians have an excuse to allocate more government money to the health-care establishment.

The government on a per-capita basis gives these hospitals a fortune compared to many European and Asian countries and yet the tremendous amount of tax-payer is never enough.

Old 07-17-2022, 02:14 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,305,411 times
Cedars-Sinai is a private hospital in Beverly Hills.

A person who can pay $50,000 for a simple child birth or a million for a cancer surgery is a hospital's preferred patient.

If you don't have $50,000, go to Kaiser.

Old 07-17-2022, 02:37 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,392,167 times
So a couple months ago I became suddenly ill due to my chemotherapy. And by ill, I mean I was dying.

It took about 30 minutes for me to get in, but other had been there far FAR longer. Triage. And I was in the ER. For over a day. As I lay there I could hear the other guy on the other side of the wall. And he was clearly dying of Covid. They were going to intubate him. He also spent almost a day in the ER before being moved elsewhere, and I went to intensive care. It was very very rough listening to this poor guy.

We arent the most busy hospital, but I have to say-its been non stop for a long long time now. And covid is a massive strain. Nurses are burning out causing shortages. You cant make them appear via miracles.

Old 07-17-2022, 03:49 AM

3,113 posts, read 940,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So a couple months ago I became suddenly ill due to my chemotherapy. And by ill, I mean I was dying.

It took about 30 minutes for me to get in, but other had been there far FAR longer. Triage. And I was in the ER. For over a day. As I lay there I could hear the other guy on the other side of the wall. And he was clearly dying of Covid. They were going to intubate him. He also spent almost a day in the ER before being moved elsewhere, and I went to intensive care. It was very very rough listening to this poor guy.

We arent the most busy hospital, but I have to say-its been non stop for a long long time now. And covid is a massive strain. Nurses are burning out causing shortages. You cant make them appear via miracles.
I doubt that patient had COVID, in every hospital they will segregate COVID patients to a dedicated area and cancer treatments will not take place next to the COVID patients. These were the standards laid out in the annals of oncology July 2020, and followed by every US hospital not wanting to be fined and or sued.

What you heard was someone being intubated (probably). Pneumonitis is the second leading cause of death after arterial thromboembolism among people receiving chemotherapy. Minus of course simple progression of cancer.

Old 07-17-2022, 06:27 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,392,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I doubt that patient had COVID, in every hospital they will segregate COVID patients to a dedicated area and cancer treatments will not take place next to the COVID patients. These were the standards laid out in the annals of oncology July 2020, and followed by every US hospital not wanting to be fined and or sued.

What you heard was someone being intubated (probably). Pneumonitis is the second leading cause of death after arterial thromboembolism among people receiving chemotherapy. Minus of course simple progression of cancer.
Let me be clear then. Both me and the other guy spent a day in the ER because there was no bedspace. There is nowhere to put EITHER of us. Hes on the other side of a wall from me. I can hear EVERYTHING. I know EXACTLY his diagnosis, the story about how he wanted to go home, but his brother insisted he stay etc etc etc.

Old 07-17-2022, 07:07 AM

2,022 posts, read 871,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post

Are you trying to convince the person that actually experienced this, or yourself?

My wife died 7yrs ago. She was sick all her adult life. I've spent more time in ER's than I care to remember. 7 to 10 yrs ago there was an 8 to 10 hrs wait in the ER, where have you people been? This is old news...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies