Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 10:38 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,964,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
We could call it the UDC -- Ultimate Dimwit Championship. Could be the next big hit. But yes, in a cage, not in the airport. Maybe a cage in the airport?
I'm tired of these kinds of stories.

I think they should do it. Get all those people who are so determined to fight into cages and LET THEM FIGHT.

A few times in the cage and getting their @zzez beat might calm them down and make them less violent members of society.

I think Mike Tyson said this type of garbage is because people get away with 'fighting' on social media without the threat of physical violence. Maybe they need it. To make them realize anger over idiotic nonsense is not worth it.

Which most adults realize. Getting into a brawl over stupid crap is STUPID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2022, 10:38 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,340,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
It would be one thing if we could honestly tell ourselves that incidents like this are few and far between.

But that would be disingenuous.

The truth is, in so many ways, America is devolving into a Third World country.

And airline travel is no exception.

Video can be seen here:

https://www.westernjournal.com/chaos...-separate-two/

I fear the residual fallout of the COVID lockdowns, among other factors, have not only augmented disputes like these, but have made people quicker to resolve them via violence; rather than through civilized discourse.

And it's not just the "well the internet shows us more now" phenomena at work here. Incidents like this in public places normally associated with sophistication and rationality are becoming more the norm with each passing day.
I cannot say that what this man did was right, and I wish he had backed away from her, but the woman provoked him, and frankly, after I saw her reach in and slap his face like that, I hoped he would have bloodied her face, broken her nose in several places, and loosened a few teeth. This man, whoever he is, is working and trying to earn a living. He does NOT deserve for ANY customer to assault him, and once someone does that to an employee, then it becomes HER FAULT. No sympathy for this woman. She deserved worse than she got.

Last edited by PhinneyWalker; 08-13-2022 at 10:46 AM..

Old 08-13-2022, 10:49 AM

35,742 posts, read 21,105,153 times
Self defense. If he had a gun - he’d have a right to stand his ground. She struck first.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:49 AM

5,753 posts, read 4,716,020 times
I knew this had to happen at Spirit just by reading the headline.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:51 AM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times
Spirit Airlines seems to be the "Florida man" of Airlines

Old 08-13-2022, 10:52 AM

35,742 posts, read 21,105,153 times
So nobody here faults the white lady. I see.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:55 AM

25,857 posts, read 18,882,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Hard to say because what started it is not on the video. What's easy to say is that they are both acting like pricks. And what is also easy to say is that the employee should have called security rather than bar brawling with the cow. I'm sure he had to suffer through hours of "sensitivity" training videos telling him how to deal with such matters. So? Why didn't he?

Old 08-13-2022, 10:57 AM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times
Quote:
Well the first reply to this thread seems to in fact, fault the female.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:59 AM

3,113 posts, read 941,036 times
Quote:
She’s black herself. Look closer.

Are you going to change who you support now

Old 08-13-2022, 11:04 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,340,218 times
Quote:
Obviously you skipped over my previous post. I fault them both, but I fault her far more. She deliberately provoked this man possibly thinking she would get away with it because she is a woman? Did she think this was funny??? How old is she, 5?

She deserved A LOT worse than she got, and if I had been standing there, I would NOT have tried to pull the man off of her. I wish he could have restrained himself, but in the heat of the moment, being on your job doing your duty, you most certainly do not deserve to have any customer strike you, and if you react in the heat of the moment to defend yourself after you were struck, then I am going to give you a pass in this situation.

Now, let us say that he did not react to her but called police instead. Police would have heard both sides and watched the video, but then what? My guess is she would have be "warned" not to do this again. In fact, she deserved to GO TO JAIL. GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL. I doubt that would have happened, though. I am on HIS SIDE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies