Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 05:19 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
She threw the first punch.

Just saying.

No sympathy whatsoever.
Really? You think it’s okay for a well over 200 pound man to tackle a woman and hit her? If he would have just took her to the ground and let the police cuff her then it would have been different, but he wanted to beat her up. There is no way that should ever be acceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2022, 07:06 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Really? You think it’s okay for a well over 200 pound man to tackle a woman and hit her? If he would have just took her to the ground and let the police cuff her then it would have been different, but he wanted to beat her up. There is no way that should ever be acceptable.
If she throws the first punch, she is indicating she is ready and willing to throw down. She was well aware of the man's mood, temperament, and size.

If you're gonna give it, expect it back in return. No sympathy for idiots.

Old 08-15-2022, 07:54 AM

1,224 posts, read 516,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
So nobody here faults the white lady. I see.
Why bring race or color into it? She looks mixed to me.

Old 08-15-2022, 08:49 AM

1,224 posts, read 516,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I had the same thought: "Sometimes ya gotta make ya own reparations!"

It wouldn't be a new phenomenon. A few decades back, Russian immigrants staged multiple car accidents to milk insurance companies.
Mexicans were famous for that in Cali back in the 80's into the 90's.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:03 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
She threw the first punch.

Just saying.

No sympathy whatsoever.
we can reasonably assume the employee didn't initiate the argument.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:08 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,334,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You bet I do. I do not care if she was a 97 lb weakling and he weighed 400 lbs. The weight difference has nothing to do with it.

She acted wrongly. She assaulted this man who was at his job trying to earn his living. No one gets a free pass to assault another person based on the fact that they are either a woman, young, old, black, white, purple, republican, democrat, theist, non-theist, or anything else you can think of.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:27 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,155,161 times
Yikes! If any so-called "female" ever had a beat down coming, it was this broad.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:29 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times
Air travel has become a nightmare. I feel for airline employees who have to deal with this kind of stuff day in and day out.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:38 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well...this won't be popular, I'm sure, but here we go:

I'm getting really tired of these mouthy heifers who want to start ish, lash out at people, put their hands on people, strike people, and then act like they can't be touched because they are females. (For the record, since so many people get it wrong: I am a female.)

I don't agree with a guy pummeling on a female, and this agent had every opportunity to create a different outcome. He could have contacted the police for assault, since it was all on camera, not just that person with their phone. She would have been arrested, and she could spend the next few hours or days, crying about how unfair the world is because she's a female.

Having said that, I don't consider that a 'rough tackle', (did any of these reporters ever grow up with siblings?), and honestly, I don't even care that he punched her in the back of the head. Maybe I'm 'supposed to', but I don't. If it had been her face...I'd feel differently.

Pulling him back was the best thing to do because it was clear he was ready to punch the hell out of her, and despite her being a complete clown showing her ass to the world, he could have done a whole lot of damage to her, no matter how tough she thinks she is.

However, he lost control of himself, and now he's suspended from his job over this. Was that really worth it? Someone needs to maintain their composure, but it seems as though no one can, anymore.

Everyone wants to make a scene now. Everyone wants all eyes on them. They crave the attention. I have NO idea why. I get the idea that some people actually believe that making a scene filled with shouting, cursing, and physical altercation makes them 'cool'.

People - it doesn't. It makes you look stupid, out of control, and bat spit crazy.

Apparently, having any modicum of class is 'being a loser', while acting like an over excited chimpanzee in a zoo, flinging its poo everywhere is the 'way to be' these days.

Why can no one have a disagreement, quietly? Why must it always escalate to screaming matches? The louder you yell, the dumber you look.

They both suck.
I don't get the loud mouthed acting a fool in public thing either.

I think so many people have either not been raised right or just want to get a vid clip on social media, and that's dumb too.

I see so many clips of protests and other things where women are up on top of cars twerking around and showing their rear ends off.

Never thought of myself as a prude, but damn, the crap you see sometimes just makes me go

Old 08-15-2022, 09:55 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,334,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Air travel has become a nightmare. I feel for airline employees who have to deal with this kind of stuff day in and day out.
Indeed....I have not flown in many, many years now, and I would hate to have to fly anywhere anymore.

Do you think we might give this woman a pass on assaulting this man based on the fact that it was a rainy day? How about a sunny day? How about the day of the week it happened was an unlucky day? What about giving her a pass because she had a headache? PMS? A sore throat? She just suffered a bereavement? Come on, help me to think of some asinine reason to give her a pass for striking this man. You know the police would have done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies