Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are your views on the Covid Vaccine?
I took the first Vaccine 18 9.23%
I took the first Vaccine and Boosters 75 38.46%
I did not take the Vaccine 79 40.51%
I took the Vaccine but regret it 23 11.79%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 04:51 AM

4,582 posts, read 2,300,234 times

Advertisements

I did not take any. I thought they were released without proper protocols of testing. The whole thing was very sketchy like how the drug companies were given immunity. And then when the government, celebrities, Bill Gates and co, and others tried to shame me into taking it and then tried to force me into taking, that sealed the deal for me.

I am pretty sure that I will never take any kind of vaccine ever again.

EDIT - I did get Covid last January. I was pretty sick but not enough to go the hospital. I recovered without medical intervention (except for taking IVM) after a couple weeks. It sucked but I lived.

Last edited by JenaS62; 11-24-2022 at 04:54 AM.. Reason: Added to post

Old 11-24-2022, 04:54 AM

12,049 posts, read 6,599,985 times
I took it as I’m 71 with a rare lung disease. The risk of Covid was worse for me than the risk of the vaccine.
If I were young and healthy, I wouldn’t have taken it.
Was against mandates and against schools closing and masking children.

Old 11-24-2022, 06:11 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,021,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedRedneck View Post
I haven't taken ANY of them and won't be.
Same. My wife and I (and our kids) won't be getting them... Ever.

Old 11-24-2022, 07:43 AM

10,565 posts, read 7,101,262 times
Im suprised the regret is more high? Thats seems to consensus around the (pre) Thanksgiving day table so far.

Old 11-24-2022, 07:47 AM

39,110 posts, read 51,356,528 times
I got them all. I am at risk because of age etc. Covid was hard on my world. I lost several friends and relatives my age who were not vaccinated. None that were. It is any easy choice.

Old 11-24-2022, 07:53 AM

30,363 posts, read 23,832,144 times
Never got sick, never got tested, wore a mask one time so I could vote for Trump, never got any of the clot shots.

Was around hundreds of people, maybe thousands, in those 2 years, and absolutely nothing happened to me. Not even a headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The vaccine gave my previously healthy 30-year-old son a myocarditis heart attack so I would advise against it for anyone that is not in a high-risk category if they got covid. I got covid twice and it was no worse than a cold for me. Wife got covid twice with no vaccine and she had a worse time than me from it but she's fine now.
Terrible! I hope your young son is doing much better - I'm assuming he's alive...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I did not take any. I thought they were released without proper protocols of testing. The whole thing was very sketchy like how the drug companies were given immunity. And then when the government, celebrities, Bill Gates and co, and others tried to shame me into taking it and then tried to force me into taking, that sealed the deal for me.

I am pretty sure that I will never take any kind of vaccine ever again...
Everything you said above, but especially the bolded part. I was not 'against' vaccines in the past. I didn't like them, tried to avoid them simply because I hate getting shots, at all. But I got my shots as a kid, got my shots in the military before going overseas, I think I got a tetanaus shot in the 90s, but haven't had any since.

However, I was open to taking vaccines if necessary. 1) I didn't feel this was necessary. 2) I was a skeptic from the very beginning - as most know on here. 3) Because of all of the BS, I now completely and totally distrust not only our government, (which was already on shaky grounds), I 100% will never trust the pharmaceutical companies, nor will I trust the majority of doctors.

I used to think the 'natural healing' types were total kooks, but now I'm listening to them.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 11-24-2022 at 08:04 AM..

Old 11-24-2022, 08:01 AM

2,026 posts, read 3,538,008 times
I just took the first one, J&J one and done. Lost interest after that.

Old 11-24-2022, 08:40 AM

21,217 posts, read 19,835,136 times
I got both Moderna initial shots and one booster. I don't intend to get any more boosters. I got it mostly because of family pressure. My entire family (mostly hard-core liberals) got the vaccine. I'm over 50, so maybe more at risk. And I wanted to support the "Trump Vaccine" while Democrats were sowing doubt about it (Joe Biden and Kamala Harris especially).

I never caught Covid despite traveling all across the country being exposed to thousands of people, most of the time without a mask... all before getting my first shot.

The vaccine should not be mandated. Older and unhealthy people should be encouraged to get it. Young, health people should not get it. The side effects of the vaccine are worse than the risk of death from Covid.

Old 11-24-2022, 08:44 AM

8,650 posts, read 9,164,677 times
I voted (took the vaccine)

My view on it? I got covid afterwards. They can shove the booster where the sun never shines.

Old 11-24-2022, 08:50 AM

5,975 posts, read 2,791,128 times
I took the first 2 and a booster. 3 total. And then I got Covid over Memorial Day weekend.
No more shots for me. 3 shots within a year and I still got infected and sick a couple months after my "booster".

The latest booster is for omicron, which has already burned through the population...why would I take a booster for a variant that I've already been infected with?

Also, why did we stop naming new variants after the first Omicron? Every new scary variant is a "sub-variant" of Omicron.
For example: "BA.4" BA.5" "BQ.1".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies