Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are your views on the Covid Vaccine?
I took the first Vaccine 18 9.23%
I took the first Vaccine and Boosters 75 38.46%
I did not take the Vaccine 79 40.51%
I took the Vaccine but regret it 23 11.79%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 05:40 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
I took the vaccine and 1 booster. I caught covid and barely noticed I had it. I have since followed with a second booster.

Science, and vaccines, are wonderful things if you have the capacity to understand them.
Not a very well disguised dig at the people who have read the “science” and done their homework and decided it’s not a risk they want to take. You can do what you want; nothing is foolproof and there is no one size fits all with medicine.

Old 11-24-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I got the vaccine and several boosters, approximately every six months. I’ve had no side effects from the vaccine. I’ve never had Covid-19. I know I could still get it, but am confident that it would be mild because of my vaccinations. I know people who weren’t vaccinated and nearly died.
How about the people who did die and were vaxxed? Your anecdotal evidence is not worth much, but if you need it to make you feel confident in your choice, have at it.

Old 11-24-2022, 05:44 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,060 times
oooohh, lets Out ourselves with our deets:

I got the J+J one and done, because I was forced/coerced by my employer, under pain and threat of Termination if I did not. I passively regret it, but still waiting on the blood clots which kill some miniscule percentage of people who did take the J+J. Must be all that cardio and red wine I swill, that keeps me safe.

Know Plenty of people who did get full-blown-Covid, none died. A Few people I knew by reputation/3 degrees removed, did die in that Pandemic time frame.

However in the yay-me poor-you vein, saw this on reddit and said yeah thats Me IRL:

https://i.redd.it/c32gx79abnx91.jpg

Old 11-24-2022, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I had the first two Pfizer doses and then one Moderna booster. A couple of weeks ago, both my wife and I somehow contracted Covid - really no idea how. It was relatively mild though, not as bad as a cold that has your sinuses all stopped up. I felt bad one day, had about a half a degree of fever one day. My wife never had fever at all. I was nauseous for a couple of weeks, but admittedly, some of that may have been psychosomatic.

Since I had Covid, I can't get the next booster for about 3 months and I intend to get it. I feel that it makes the disease much milder. During the first doses, my wife's reaction was much worse than mine; she was really tired and felt awful. I essentially had no reaction at all. So - I'm thinking her "vaccine" was more effective than mine since she had fewer issues with the disease than I did, but all in all, it was quite mild for both of us.

I think the shots are worth it. I'm 75 and have several negative factors - heart disease (had triple bypass) and I used to smoke. So it could have been bad.
Why would you get another booster when you now have natural immunity to some degree as well as whatever your previous vaccines may have conferred? A story for you, since everyone has them. A family member got the virus bad enough to land in the hospital. Was told not to get the jab for however many months. Got it after that time period elapsed and thought he was going to die. The side effects were incredible. I don’t remember the details now as it was last year sometime, but the point is you already have antibodies to the virus. You don’t need whatever the vaccine is doing also. The vaccine may trigger an immune response you’re not expecting.

Old 11-24-2022, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It did not almost kill you.

That was your immune system performing it's magic in response to a stimulus. Your immune system thought you were under attack from Covid and you got a strong response.

Exactly what one would want.

It made you very uncomfortable ... so what? It could certainly have saved your life with those infections you picked up later.

If you neglect taking the boosters, you will eventually be just as susceptible as someone who never was vaccinated. Having been infected is no better, your immune response will wane after that too, eventually dissolving to nothing.
Is this a joke? For many, the side effects were far worse than the illness would have been. Don’t gaslight people. They know what happened to them, even if it doesn’t align with the narrative you’re pushing.

Old 11-24-2022, 06:25 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,864,025 times
I was bullied into it by my employer and my family.

At least I only got the Johnson and Johnson shot, twice.

Old 11-24-2022, 07:07 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
We avoided it because the testing regimen for new drugs was effectively bypassed, and this wasn't just a formula which hadn't been adequately tested. The underlying technology had existed for decades, yet it's never been approved for use on humans before. Why not?

We avoided it because the pharma companies have invested billions into this tech with no return, and this was too convenient of an opportunity for them to recoup that investment to trust that they weren't lying about it's safety or efficacy without concrete proof of those things. They have a track record which supports the concern.

We avoided it because just like with AIDS in the '80s, Fauci was flatly rejecting the idea of exploring therapeutics in lieu of trying to rush through the development and deployment of a vaccine.

More fundamentally, I avoided it because I've always been sensitive to unnatural social pressures and generally act against them. That made for an awkward school life but honing that has taught me a lot over the years about people and how they work. The pressure to get the shot was completely unjustified, unnatural and unprecedented. I've never seen anything like it. I was initially open and optimistic about it but that didn't last long. The deception began before they were even available and the fact that the "watchdog" media was obviously going along with whatever the deception was about ended any consideration I was still giving it at that point.

Old 11-24-2022, 07:16 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I got the first two when they came out, Pfizer. I remained covid free until now. I tested positive on Tuesday and I have no clue if those shots are doing me any good at this point but I'm just sitting here binging tv shows and reading forums and hoping I test negative by next week. My son is not vaccinate and he has covid now too and tested positive 2 days before me.

Old 11-24-2022, 07:50 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,404,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What were their ages, weights and health status? How many other diseases or conditions did they have?
One in a nursing home, the other an otherwise healthy female in her 70's.

But I know many who got it that almost died. Others felt like dying.

One healthy guy had to quit his occupation.

Old 11-24-2022, 07:56 PM

4,548 posts, read 2,272,518 times
My oldest vaxxed son just had a rather nasty go round with Covid. His vaxxed fiancé had it the week before. Blames flying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies