Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 11:59 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,791,579 times

Advertisements

What's happening in Florida is very terrifying. These horrible purges must be stopped!

The good people of Florida need to wake up and rise against Dictator DeSantis, before it's too late!

Old 11-30-2022, 12:01 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,960,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Are you a member of M4L? I'm guessing yes, given your aggressiveness. The problem with parents' rights is that not all parents agree on anything and I don't think M4L really care if the majority agrees with them or not. Now that they are getting their people in place, you know they will have to actually do the job, right? There will still be gay and trans students. There will still be minorities. There will still be disable students. There will still be epidemics. There will be new library books. There will be staffing problems. There will be drugs. There will be teacher contracts. There will be pregnant teenagers. There will still be terrible reading scores. None of this stuff is going away and now these people with no experience will have to deal with it.
And parents are free to teach their kids whatever they want at home.

School historically are for academic purposes. Parental rights puts the emphasis back on academics. It is not advocating for ADDING any additional content focus.

It's just removing objectionable non academic nonsense, that all parents are free to teach their children AT HOME.

If there is something you feel is important for your child, then go for it. No one is stopping you.

My generation is considered the most tolerant, and we has none of this indoctrination. Explain how that happened.

Today we have insane amounts of indoctrination, yet there is more divisiveness than ever. I'd say these policies as they have been implemented are NOT WORKING.

Old 11-30-2022, 12:02 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,992,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
What's happening in Florida is very terrifying. These horrible purges must be stopped!

The good people of Florida need to wake up and rise against Dictator DeSantis, before it's too late!
No, I don't see that happening here. They really love DeSantis and wouldn't care if he were a dictator. Critical thinking doesn't run very deep here.

Old 11-30-2022, 12:04 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,992,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
My generation is considered the most tolerant, and we has none of this indoctrination.
What is your generation? Do you exemplify it?

Old 11-30-2022, 12:05 PM

2,953 posts, read 994,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
What is 'woke' exactly, and why is that a problem?
It's a form of hypnosis wherein a person sublimates reason and independent thinking to a collective that enforces the rigid uniformity of a belief system based on but not limited to a Marxist ideology. Its name 'woke' being the opposite of a true state of awakening both mentally and physically is in line with the original Orwellian concept of newspeak wherein the proletariat are manipulated by rephrasing truth as lies and lies as truth. A concept adopted and re-published in the more recent Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky. Woke, however goes beyond a simple political structure. Its absolutely inflexibly doctrinaire nature includes the concept of cancellation for anyone expressing even a single idea deviating from the orthodoxy and this puts it more in the category of a religion or cult rather than a political system.

I hope this helps.

Old 11-30-2022, 12:09 PM

19,247 posts, read 17,124,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The PARENTS have spoken.

I realize you only want parents to talk when they parrot what you want them to say.

Who knew voting was. "vindictive" act?
And i realize from your postings that anything in public school is bad and everyone should attend private/religious schools so why comment.

Also mentioned in the article:
"Broward County earlier this month fired its superintendent through an effort led by five members appointed by DeSantis. All combined, school boards with ties to DeSantis pushed out three superintendents in November alone — and each of them served over districts that implemented student mask mandates.

And why is a Governor appointing School Board Members, vindictive....

Last edited by VA Yankee; 11-30-2022 at 12:34 PM..

Old 11-30-2022, 12:19 PM

41,991 posts, read 75,271,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
There is soooooo much hate and vitriol pouring out of you in this post
Oh, the irony ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Yes, the school board listened to both sides, then fired him. He's history, students and parents win.
Not what the article said. Keep trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
They really love DeSantis and wouldn't care if he were a dictator. Critical thinking doesn't run very deep here.
That much is certain. Sounds like those Moms For Liberty are for anything but.

Old 11-30-2022, 12:27 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,834,900 times
The board voted 4-1 for him to negotiate his resignation package. What do we usually call that?

Call it what ever you want... he gone!

Old 11-30-2022, 12:34 PM

25,829 posts, read 12,868,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
So they got rid of an experienced Superintendent for following the School Boards decision back in 2020 all while earing a grade of "A" from the state for 2020 & 2021. This is a another great example from a vindictive state leader.
The EX-Super wasn't cooperating with the newly elected School Board members, & they are now his bosses, so they fired him....outta here.

He was playing politics thinking the old Lib school board would get re-elected, but he guessed wrong...all 4 that were up for re-election were ousted, and 4 conservatives took their place. He knew he was toast.

He paid the price of bringing politics into public education where it doesn't belong. Now, its back to the biz of educating, & traditional values.

He also resisted DeSantis's no masking policy, siding with the ousted Libs, which is why DeSantis got involved in the first place. Asplan, & the EX Lib school board members poked a sleeping Bear in DeSantis.

If you go against a powerful Governor's policy, that Governor might just find some way to get rid our you...which DeSantis did...indirectly...legally...masterfully.

EVERY public school Super & school board member in FLA saw these firings, & will now stop pushing woke crap in our classrooms, because they know their jobs could be next. The tone has been set....go woke go broke.

Old 11-30-2022, 12:35 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,771,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...covid-00071305

In Florida, PARENTS control public education, NOT educators, or school supers, or school board officials, or rogue liberal teachers.

Today, several woke former educators here in Florida, are looking for employment elsewhere...good riddence.

The free state of Florida just kicked woke to the curb...love living here in SW Florida.

Governor DeSantis backed many candidates for school board positions, and nearly all of them won, so now they are firing the paid school officials for; closing schools during covid, forced masking, not letting parents speak at school board meetings, having indecent books in their schools, trying to teach sexual content to K-3...anything woke....FIRED!

No more indoctrination in Florida...that chapter has been closed.
I am so proud to live in the great state of Florida.

Best move I ever made. Way better than living in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies