Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2022, 01:19 PM

11,483 posts, read 6,002,443 times

Advertisements

Are they equipped with rocket launchers, or just .50 cals? I like rocket launchers.

I can see it now. Illegals streaming across the Rio Grande to the tune of the Star Spangled Banner and when it comes to the part about "rockets red glare", a platoon of M113s starts firing off a screaming array of rockets.

Too cool, and not something most illegal aliens would want to see. Some, but not most.

Although, .50 cals firing off continuous streams of phosphorous tracer rounds would work too. Not as well as rockets though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2022, 01:24 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
When one is stuck on a bus that makes no stops, where are they supposed to get food and drinks? Duh!
Please inform us of what bus can drive for 26 straight hours and drive almost 1800 miles and NOT stop?

https://www.google.com/search?q=new+...t=gws-wiz-serp

And before you complain, it's only an hour less to philly. But you can still prove me wrong.

Old 12-04-2022, 01:31 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Please inform us of what bus can drive for 26 straight hours and drive almost 1800 miles and NOT stop?

https://www.google.com/search?q=new+...t=gws-wiz-serp

And before you complain, it's only an hour less to philly. But you can still prove me wrong.
They can stop at refueling depots. Doesn't mean they let people off the bus or that there is a restaurant at the fuel stop.

I only know what I heard in the news. The passengers were not given food or drink for the entire trip. I believe a child was taken to a hospital on arrival due to dehydration.

Oh, and good luck driving from Philly to NYC in an hour. Maybe during the dead of night.

Last edited by ansible90; 12-04-2022 at 01:39 PM..

Old 12-04-2022, 01:35 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
What?

According to what I read Abbott's friend the bus owner was charging $1700 a person for the bus trip. Not even a sandwich was provided?

Southwest would have been way cheaper and they would have been given peanuts.
Link to the bus driver being his friend?

Old 12-04-2022, 01:40 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
They can stop at refueling depots. Doesn't mean they let people off the bus or that there is a restaurant at the fuel stop.

I only know what I heard in the news. The passengers were not given food or drink for the entire trip. I believe a child was taken to a hospital on arrival due to dehydration.
Wrong.

https://www.greyhound.com/en/discove...s%20companies.

Quote:
Oh, and good luck driving from Philly to NYC in an hour. Maybe during the dead of night.

Well, that flew way over your head.

Old 12-04-2022, 02:06 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Wrong.

Old 12-04-2022, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Wrong.

Who said they went via Greyhound? Could have been a bus charter company. You are assuming a lot based on nothing.

I am only saying what I heard on a news report. You can believe whatever you want or make up your own story about how these people are being treated on these Abbott bus trips.

Old 12-04-2022, 02:21 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,487 times
Quote:
Seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey
... and as soon as we give them a Capri Sun and a Lunchable you'll be whining that there were no abortions made available on the bus.
If someone had told me 20 yrs ago that the democrat party would intentionally drop America's borders and facilitate an invasion of 6 million people thru the Southern border in two years all so that they could pack the population with a built-in democrat voting block of illegal peasants I would have said such insanity was beyond comprehension and that it would never happen. You do realize that there are no longer any tongue-in-cheek hypotheticals when it comes to predicting what the democrat party will stoop to, right? The left's insanity has become so extreme and the boundaries of the playing field have been moved so far that there's NO possibility for a conceptual hyperbole shot that takes the ball out of bounds.

You guys wanting abortions on a bus bailing illegals out of Texas like water out of a sinking ship is sadly nothing more than a noise level ripple on the insanity the democrats have already created. Nothing would surprise me anymore. Nothing is too low for y'all anymore and your options are now infinite.

Old 12-04-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
If someone had told me 20 yrs ago that the democrat party would intentionally drop America's borders and facilitate an invasion of 6 million people thru the Southern border in two years all so that they could pack the population with a built-in democrat voting block of illegal peasants I would have said such insanity was beyond comprehension and that it would never happen. You do realize that there are no longer any tongue-in-cheek hypotheticals when it comes to predicting what the democrat party will stoop to, right? The left's insanity has become so extreme and the boundaries of the playing field have been moved so far that there's NO possibility for a conceptual hyperbole shot that takes the ball out of bounds.

You guys wanting abortions on a bus bailing illegals out of Texas like water out of a sinking ship is sadly nothing more than a noise level ripple on the insanity the democrats have already created. Nothing would surprise me anymore. Nothing is too low for y'all anymore and your options are now infinite.
Such an imagination, you have.

Old 12-04-2022, 02:56 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Who said they went via Greyhound? Could have been a bus charter company. You are assuming a lot based on nothing.

I am only saying what I heard on a news report. You can believe whatever you want or make up your own story about how these people are being treated on these Abbott bus trips.
What I got from the Houston paper and/or the Texas Tribune is they are on a chartered bus. The governor gets campaign contributions from the owner of the bus company. That may have been a one time thing I read weeks ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies