Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2022, 12:57 PM

2,015 posts, read 3,519,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
At this point, I'm ready to vote for Sen. Rand Paul for president. I know he loves our country and the people. I can tolerate the issues where we have our differences of opinion. I'm staring at the spiral into fascism and debt, and the erosion of our rights and freedom that the dems have us heading into. My policy differences with Paul are negligible by comparison.
Same here, I'll vote for him in the 2024 primaries if he runs. I feel like he's the only fiscally sane person left in Congress. Everyone else wants to spend this country into oblivion.

Old 12-22-2022, 01:02 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Ugh. Seriously?? How did I miss that?

Q: You have said that the 11 million immigrants in this country already here should have some legal status and pay taxes. You want to find some sort of legal status for them?

PAUL: What I want to do first is secure the border. If we secure the border and we can say who is coming, who is going, and only people come, come legally, the 11 million that are here, I think there could be a work status for them. And I think what I have tried to say is, what we want is more legal immigration, so we have less illegal immigration. But I am open to immigration reform. I voted against the bill that came forward, though, primarily because it limited the number of legal work visas.

https://ontheissues.org/2016/Rand_Paul_Immigration.htm

Old 12-22-2022, 01:37 PM

17,775 posts, read 13,665,953 times
I suppose you could talk me into it....

Unless that neighbor of his is running...

Old 12-22-2022, 01:44 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I suppose you could talk me into it....

Unless that neighbor of his is running...
Nobody can call Rand Paul a bully, like they did Trump.

Old 12-22-2022, 02:49 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Interesting. Thank you. I want to research this further.

Question though. What I had in late September and early October of 2019 was unlike anything I've seen or had as a Respiratory Therapist. I never wheezed like that in my life, not even with a bad bronchitis, which is what I thought I had. This bug grabbed my chest like an octopus and it was 8 weeks of up and down wheezing hell. I talked to my cardiologist about it and I told him I thought I had an early version of Covid. I've heard this scenario over and over again. My cardiologist said people were flooding the hospitals with what they thought was an early flu, only all the flu tests were negative. He said they thought the flu tests were faulty. It never occurred to them that this could be a new bug.

I crashed and burned after hiking in Yosemite about 6 weeks into this illness. They told me at the clinic that it was allergies. I said no way. They didn't know what it was either. How could they if it was a new bug.

So, if this was circulating here in the fall of 2019, how could it also be in Wuhan lab workers in the fall of 2019. Could it be that the pandemic was already under way and Covid mutated into the Wuhan strain shortly after? Just like Delta and Omicron? I admit, it looks bad with the Wuhan lab researching corona viruses, but, this could also be a coincidence.

The red cross found Covid in our blood supply in December of 2019 in tested blood.

What I've read is that SARS in 2003 and Covid have a similar pathogenic tree and MERS is more pathogenetically related to SARS like viruses isolated in horseshoe bats in China in 2015 and 2018.

Source: "Clinical Microbiology and Infection. Covid -19, SARS and MERS are they closely related? "
Another question. How did a bat virus from China explode in Saudi Arabia in 2012 and then diagnosed twice in the US in 2018? I think the most obvious answer would be someone infected traveling by plane.

Why wouldn't that be the case with those Wuhan workers being infected working in the lab? It can't be here and there at the same time.

I don't think we will ever know exactly where this virus came from, just like with Ebola. The exact source is unknown but similar Ebola strains can come from bats, infected primates, and monkeys. Delta is extinct now as is the Wuhan strain. If this ignited much earlier, then that strain is also extinct. It will be with us forever just like H1N1 that caused that catastrophic pandemic in 1918 and again in 2009. It still circulates over 100 years later.

Zoonotic viruses will always be with us and there will always be pandemics. Lies and conspiracy theories for political gain only get innocent people hurt. Disinformation kills people. None of this is helpful.

If I was to do gain of function research to weaponize a deadly virus it would be Ebola, not a corona virus. Or Nipah another bat- borne virus now in South and Southeast Asia. Both have much higher mortality rates. This could be our next pandemic and is being watched.
I had something in September of 2019 when I was about 6 months pregnant. Sick with respiratory stuff for about three weeks with coughing and chest burning for months after. Kids all had it, hubby didn’t get it till we were almost over it and his wasn’t bad at all. I do believe it was circulating here but nobody was aware and there was no test for it anyway.

Odd thing happened a few months later when baby was two months old. He has/had laryngomalacia which is basically for him just loud breathing that’s pretty much gone now, but it looked like he was having chest retractions, which is possible with advanced cases, so I took him to the ER. He tested negative for all the swabs they did (RSV, etc.) and did not believe he was having retractions, so it was probably a case of overworried mom. HOWEVER, they also did a chest X-ray which showed, they claimed, either advanced asthma damage or viral inflammation. It’s impossible to have been asthma damage at that age and we hadn’t been sick, he had no other symptoms of anything. It was very bizarre and they more or less forced me to go over to the children’s hospital to have him seen there. They found nothing wrong and said maybe he was sick and we didn’t know it. That’s not right, he was fine, but when the virus started picking up here, I did think twice about what I may have been sick with while pregnant with him and how it could have impacted him. It’s all very strange, but he’s had no issues since.

I don’t know what I believe about where it came from or why, to be clear. It does seem engineered to me. We will probably never know.

Old 12-22-2022, 06:34 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Interesting. Thank you. I want to research this further.

Question though. What I had in late September and early October of 2019 was unlike anything I've seen or had as a Respiratory Therapist. I never wheezed like that in my life, not even with a bad bronchitis, which is what I thought I had. This bug grabbed my chest like an octopus and it was 8 weeks of up and down wheezing hell. I talked to my cardiologist about it and I told him I thought I had an early version of Covid. I've heard this scenario over and over again. My cardiologist said people were flooding the hospitals with what they thought was an early flu, only all the flu tests were negative. He said they thought the flu tests were faulty. It never occurred to them that this could be a new bug.

I crashed and burned after hiking in Yosemite about 6 weeks into this illness. They told me at the clinic that it was allergies. I said no way. They didn't know what it was either. How could they if it was a new bug.

So, if this was circulating here in the fall of 2019, how could it also be in Wuhan lab workers in the fall of 2019. Could it be that the pandemic was already under way and Covid mutated into the Wuhan strain shortly after? Just like Delta and Omicron? I admit, it looks bad with the Wuhan lab researching corona viruses, but, this could also be a coincidence.

The red cross found Covid in our blood supply in December of 2019 in tested blood.

What I've read is that SARS in 2003 and Covid have a similar pathogenic tree and MERS is more pathogenetically related to SARS like viruses isolated in horseshoe bats in China in 2015 and 2018.

Source: "Clinical Microbiology and Infection. Covid -19, SARS and MERS are they closely related? "
Another question. How did a bat virus from China explode in Saudi Arabia in 2012 and then diagnosed twice in the US in 2018? I think the most obvious answer would be someone infected traveling by plane.

Why wouldn't that be the case with those Wuhan workers being infected working in the lab? It can't be here and there at the same time.

I don't think we will ever know exactly where this virus came from, just like with Ebola. The exact source is unknown but similar Ebola strains can come from bats, infected primates, and monkeys. Delta is extinct now as is the Wuhan strain. If this ignited much earlier, then that strain is also extinct. It will be with us forever just like H1N1 that caused that catastrophic pandemic in 1918 and again in 2009. It still circulates over 100 years later.

Zoonotic viruses will always be with us and there will always be pandemics. Lies and conspiracy theories for political gain only get innocent people hurt. Disinformation kills people. None of this is helpful.

If I was to do gain of function research to weaponize a deadly virus it would be Ebola, not a corona virus. Or Nipah another bat- borne virus now in South and Southeast Asia. Both have much higher mortality rates. This could be our next pandemic and is being watched.
I think maybe you are assuming that there was only one leak. For all we know, the employees at WIV had multiple leaks, from various forms of this virus. Then in late 2019 they leaked out a more virulent and contagious version of the virus.

Old 12-22-2022, 06:40 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
He's been calling out the crap in government spending for years in his annual waste report. But one man can't do much without the support of others in his party and since most R's are actually D's it's not easy

This ^^^^^.

Old 12-22-2022, 06:42 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Trump is a 'UGE spender, so i doubt he'll back Rand Paul.

The only thing Trump likes about Paul, is that Rand rages against the DC machine (swamp), just like Trump does. Paul has the guts, like Trump, to stand alone against the entire swamp. Not many are willing to do so.

Paul stands, Trump whines.

Old 12-22-2022, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Paul stands, Trump whines.
Paul saves, Trump spends..that matters a LOT more.

Old 12-22-2022, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Will you support this 1 man trying to save us all?

No. Rand Paul would be as bad as Trump. I would never vote for a "savior" candidate or one who is a go-it-alone type with all the answers, as Rand Paul is. They are only his answers. That produces a fake superior and elitist mindset and a clueless but devoted following waiting to be saved.
Paul & Trump are opposites.

Trump spent Trillions, Paul wants to save Trillions.

Trump has a type "A" dominant male personality, Paul does not.

Trump is a serial mysoginistic womanizer, married several times, Paul is not.

Trump is a loud-mouthed New Yorker, & Billionaire egomaniac. Paul is soft spoken Southern gentleman, who is the least wealthy Senator.

Paul wants to save America by reversing this hazardous trend in gov't spending:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern...ending_GDP.png

Paul is not a "go-it-alone" type. He is a member of the Republlican party...unlike his rogue father.

The Freedom Caucus in the House share almost all of Paul's fiscal conservative views, as do many Senators, and even more Governors. Millions of American voters want to see this massive deficit over-spending stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies