Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2023, 02:41 PM

4,369 posts, read 2,277,995 times

Advertisements

Great - something to smile at for today.

I think DeSantis should stay being Governor of Florida and not run for president.

There are no lifetime term limits for Governor, so I think he can do the most long term good overall for FL and the nation in the fight against the infectious mind virus of woke if he remains in office there.

He can be the beacon of hope for other governors and patriotic Americans.

Old 01-07-2023, 02:48 PM

16,812 posts, read 8,790,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Once again Big Government move from DeSantis. It's all about power.

This is to make people think how Conservative DeSantis is even thought he is anything but, while at the same time signal to his Deep State puppet masters that he's ready to do their dirty work for them and will move fully to restrict free speech on a large scale.

Once DeSantis gets into the Whitehouse the Deep States plan will come into full play as DeSantis turns on Conservatives and reveals his full plan. But by then it'll be too late.

I pray for America.
Let me ask you a serious question.
If traditional laws are gutted by extremists on the left, which they could accurately be called activists, and then moderates or conservatives restore in part or full what the activists did, do you think that is activism from the right?

Also if you care to comment, the left use to defend freedom of speech and expression as much, if not more so, than the right.
Now however, unless it is an old school liberal, most of the attempts to restrict free speech is on the left.
Any comment as to why?

Old 01-07-2023, 02:51 PM

18,587 posts, read 7,450,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Once again Big Government move from DeSantis.
No. Replacing 6 employees doesn't change the size of government at all. Obviously.

Old 01-07-2023, 03:02 PM

29,637 posts, read 16,669,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
FLA Gov Ron DeSantis fired the top 6 woke extremeist leaders of New College of Florida, right down the road from me.

He replaced them all with highly experienced conservative educators, including one from Hillsdale College.

This is the kind of conservative leadership that has so many flocking to Florida from NY, NJ, CT, MA, MI, IL, MN, WI, PA, CA, WA, & other Liberal states.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ron-de...4027b39fbc7c68
Selective joy and outrage from both sides.

Looks like this school has never topped out with enrollment higher than 800 students. its smaller than my high school(1,200).

Also looks like DeSantis is simply appointing 6 new members to the governing board and as long as they follow the Charter of the School and dont discriminate against students, And students can question their professors ,who cares ?

I had conservative professors in college, it didnt make me one

Side note:

I dont really see where this college was all that liberal , whats the actual beef here

Old 01-07-2023, 03:05 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,188,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Interesting. Draining the swamp. Too bad he's about the only governor in the US that has any intestinal fortitude at all to do such things.
You git that right!!!

Old 01-07-2023, 03:05 PM

26,309 posts, read 13,222,446 times
Quote:
Interesting. Draining the swamp. Too bad he's about the only governor in the US that has any intestinal fortitude at all to do such things.
Abbott would do the same, & maybe Wyoming & Alabama's Governors, but not sure about the rest.

Gov't employees firing other gov't employees is what we need a LOT more of...on the Fed level too.

Old 01-07-2023, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I lived in Sarasota for many years. New College was always known as a "hippie college." I don't know if students ever learned anything useful there.....
Its a designed honors college for the state, so there are some very bright students there. I'll bet they blew the whistle on the extremists, & recorded some stuff to use against them.

Old 01-07-2023, 03:16 PM

17,429 posts, read 11,435,708 times
Quote:
Well, sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire. When there is a cockroach infestation, you aren't going to "vote them away." They have to be exterminated (metaphorically speaking).
Best post I've seen in a very long time.

You made my argument perfectly...

That campus has the potential to house Thousands of students, so 800 is an abject failure...which is why DeSanis stepped in...underperforming Libs running it into the ground.

I care a LOT! Its in my neighborhood, which is extremely Conservative, and this is how the uber left extremeists gain a foothold...in the colleges & universities...not here you swamp creature wannabe's.

Young people are more impressionable than old people, & your experience is anecdotal, hearing Lib tripe for 4 years can influence opinions of young voters. Just look at how they vote...until they wise up.

Look at the classes they have...leftist crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

Looks like this school has never topped out with enrollment higher than 800 students. its smaller than my high school(1,200).

Also looks like DeSantis is simply appointing 6 new members to the governing board and as long as they follow the Charter of the School and dont discriminate against students, And students can question their professors ,who cares ?

Side note:

I dont really see where this college was all that liberal , whats the actual beef here

17,937 posts, read 13,893,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

Side note:

I guess it will be a "Conservative Arts" school now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies